Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: North Carolina Tar Heels

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am

We buy our groceries from Publix. It's a bit more, but it's quicker and easier. Costco for bulk items and steaks. Hate fooling with Wal-Mart.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Cletus » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:51 am

I've never been to Walmart.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:59 am

You're not missing anything.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:03 pm

It's actually pretty nice b/w 11 pm and 6 am. Hardly anybody in there, and it's only a couple of miles (if that) from the house...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:42 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:We buy our groceries from Publix. It's a bit more, but it's quicker and easier. Costco for bulk items and steaks. Hate fooling with Wal-Mart.
you have given me so much shit over the years for my wal mart rants and then you say this
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Going to the wal-marts in Goldsboro or Fayetteville between 11pm and 6am without some serious back up is a recipe for disaster.

I go to Harris-Teeter for groceries with the occasional jaunt to Carlie C's for a dessert or some type of country food. We're getting a Publix in Fayetteville, and I am stoked about that.

Fayetteville doesn't have a costco, but we do have BJ's. BJ's has great meat (insert jokes here), and I get the bulk items there.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Cletus wrote:I've never been to Walmart.
^That.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:52 pm

Rolling my eyes at that "occasional" in DS's post...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:50 pm

"Going to the wal-marts in Goldsboro or Fayetteville between 11pm and 6am without some serious back up is a recipe for disaster."

Are you saying a little old lady got mutilated late last night?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Publix. Old people fighting over parking spots.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:34 pm

I step into a grocery store only 3 times a year for a quick drive by to get flowers for birthday/anniversary/ valentines.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:54 am

this guys is something else....

--------------

Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte has threatened to “whack… in the head” any representative of the United Nations’s Human Rights Committee sent to observe his nationwide push to eradicate drug crime, calling those concerned about human rights during the infancy of his tenure “stupid.”

Duterte, the longtime mayor of southern Davao City — who won his position as head of state on a campaign vow to eradicate drug abuse and drug crime nationwide — has given police unprecedented liberties to detain drug crime suspects. He has become personally involved in the movement by naming 150 individuals in the government he claims to have evidence of having ties to drug crime. Over 60,000 Filipino drug abusers have surrendered to police and agreed to join rehabilitation programs since he took office in June, and hundreds have been arrested for ties to the drug trade.

Drug crime has decimated large swathes of the Philippines, particularly the impoverished south, where Duterte is from. The prime offending drug is methamphetamine, or “shabu,” which has grown increasingly popular among the nation’s youth.

The United Nations has expressed concern regarding Duterte’s empowerment of police to eradicate the drug problem, which Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon has condemned and the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime referred to as an “apparent endorsement of extrajudicial killings.” Duterte has indeed told both police and civilians to kill drug offenders if they feel their lives are in danger.

Asked on Tuesday about the potential of the UN sending observers to the Philippines, Duterte said, “while I really do not know who’s going to come here for that, I am going to whack him in the head.”

“Do not investigate us as if we are criminals,” he added. “I will not receive you warmly in this country. But if you come here, explain or maybe hear about the happenings on criminals or see (for) yourselves.”
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:17 am

Seems to be working. Everyone deserves a Dinozo slap once in awhile.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:17 am

Logan has been spending much less time in the Philippines since that guy got in office...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:33 am

Did you save the sock after he jizzed on your face?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:47 pm

Dr. Drew weighs in on Hillary's health - I didn't realize this guy had this level of knowledge. I thought he was just a TV quack

-----------------

TV personality Dr. David Andrew Pinsky said Wednesday that he is “gravely concerned” about Hillary Clinton’s health and the treatments she’s received, which he described as “1950-level care.”

Appearing on KABC’s “McIntyre in the Morning,” Dr. Pinsky, a board-certified internist more commonly known as Dr. Drew, said he and another doctor reviewed Mrs. Clinton’s medical evaluations and came to some startling conclusions.

“Based on the information that she has provided and her doctors have provided, we were gravely concerned not just about her health, but her health care,” he said in the interview, transcribed by the Washington Free Beacon.

Both of us concluded that if we were providing the care that she was receiving, we’d be ashamed to show up in a doctor’s lounge. We’d be laughed out,” he added. “She’s receiving sort-of 1950-level care by our evaluation.”

Later in the interview, Dr. Drew mentioned that Mrs. Clinton suffered from two episodes of deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, which he described as a very common problem that normally results in blood clots in the leg.

“She also has hypothyroidism, and she’d been treated for hypothyroidism with something called Armour Thyroid, which is very unconventional and something that we used to use back in the ‘60s,” Dr. Drew said. “And by the way, wow, Armour Thyroid sometimes has some weird side effects.

“So she goes on Coumadin,” he continued. “That’s weird, because Coumadin really isn’t even used anymore. Now we use Eliquis or Xarelto, things like this. Certainly the presidential candidate would get one of the newer anti-coagulates. Then she falls, hits her head, and as a complication of that has something called a transverse sinus thrombosis. This is an exceedingly rare clot. I’ve only seen one of these in my career, which is a clot in the collecting system for the cerebral spinal fluid, and it essentially guarantees that somebody has something wrong with their coagulation system. Well, she’s had two clots, a transverse sinus thrombosis.”

“And oh, by the way, Armour Thyroid associated rarely with hyper-coagulability. So the very medicine the doctors are using may be causing this problem, and they’re using an old-fashioned medicine to treat it. What is going on with her health care?” he asked. “It’s bizarre. I got to tell you. Maybe they have reasons, but at a distance, it looks bizarre. There ought to be some sort of standard for people that are going to lead the country or are going to making these important decisions.”

Another issue that “gravely concerned” the doctors is that Mrs. Clinton had to wear prism glasses after she fell and hit her head, suffering from a concussion in 2012.

“That is brain damage, and it’s affecting her balance,” Dr. Drew said. “Now clearly, it hasn’t affected her cognition, but tell us a little more about that. That’s profound. And then number two, when they screened her for heart disease, again, they did an old-fashioned screen. It just seems like she’s getting care from somebody that she met in Arkansas when she was a kid, and you’ve got to wonder. You’ve got to wonder. It’s not so much that her health is a grave concern. It’s that the care she’s getting could make it a concern.”

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:24 pm

lots of cardiologist prefer Coumadin because they can actually monitor with blood tests and revers it easler the eliquis therefore they know they are getting anticoagulated

eliquois can be guess work even nthought it is more convient for patient is it as good at preventing strokes and heart attacks and clots

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 am

Yeah, without knowing too much about all the details of his arm's length diagnosis, Coumadin isn't some drug no one uses anymore. That alone, besides trying to critique a medical treatment with only a portion of the information, makes me question whether Dr Drew was making a proper assessment.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:04 am

hedge wrote:"Going to the wal-marts in Goldsboro or Fayetteville between 11pm and 6am without some serious back up is a recipe for disaster."

Are you saying a little old lady got mutilated late last night?
Yep.

Listen, I go to Carlie C's once ever three or four months. Fuck off.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:20 am

Agree on the coumadin, but Armour Thyroid is out of favor and synthroid (etc) gets well over 95% of the scripts because of a more consistant and well metered uptake according to a study by Johns Hopkins.

Armour Thyroid is in favor with herbalists, chiropractors, osteopaths, and homeopaths because it is "natural" (dried up and grinded pig thyroids), but in favor with very few main stream endocrinologists, internal medicine docs, or oncologists.
— Abraham Lincoln