Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:45 am

eCat wrote:Trump isn't going to prison

I think people are going to start paying attention to Julian Castro as a candidate.
Yeah, he is. It's gonna be huge

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:03 am

"Biden has the best chance of beating Trump, by far."

I don't know about by far, but I think he would definitely have the best chance in the rust belt states which Trump won by the thinnest of margins and were the entire difference in the election. Biden's would likely sweep Wisconsin, Michigan and PA by fairly large margins, and he might even turn states like NC and Florida, where he would be popular with the geriatric vote. Hell, he could probably flip Ohio. He speaks those folks' language and he's crusty enough to respond to Trump's name-calling verbal sass in kind, which seems to be the main presidential criterion for some people. If he adds Kamala as his VP, all the better, esp. if he says he's only interested in one term. Set the table for Kamala in 2024. Irregardless of your feelings about her, that would be a good move politically and motivate that sector of the dem base...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:14 am

I suspect that dem primary debates are going to be far more civil and substantive than the clown show repub primary debates were in 2016, which were nothing more than insult comedy routines with Trump as Sam Kinison. I could see them making a point of saying how much they respect each other and that they will all be behind whoever wins the nomination and even most of them saying something along the lines of "if I get the nomination, there are a lot of people on this stage that I'm going to consider for cabinet posts" or some such. Basically a kind of "you're not getting one of us, you're getting all of us" type of message. Of course, that is exactly the wrong message to the hardcore repubs, whose response is going to be "we don't want any of you, much less all of you", but the point is that I think the dems are going to present a unified front as a message that they are seeking unity, no division. Maybe that is just political bullshit, but so is pretty much everything Trump or any other politician ever says. But I think that's going to be their theme...

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 am

That clown show was supposed to lead to a landslide victory by the PAH, I believe was predicted by many a moron.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:27 am

Oh there's no doubt that many people got blindsided by Trump's victory, first and foremost Trump himself. But the public is fickle and easily bored. Obviously there is a sector of the public who never tire of this type of shit, but they're not even close to a majority. Trump's antics have grown very tired. Time to change the channel...

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 am

are you better off today then you were 3 years ago

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:18 am

The issue is that Biden and to some extent Harris would be the only moderates

And the media is demanding that a progressive Bernie Sanders wannabe run against Trump

Warren understands this which is why she is suddenly trying to match Cortez in the Government is the answer to everything wrong in your life Democratic Platform

I'm hoping Shultz runs, not because he has a chance, but because he is going to be the voice of reason in the democratic debates so that middle and upper class democratic voters - understand that there is a price to pay when you focus solely on the impoverished and minorities with promises of getting them out of their lot in life.

The bill always comes due.

The reason why I am against Trump declaring an emergency to build the wall? Because a progressive president will declare global warming an emergency - and instead of looking outward to the world, they'll focus solely on what Americans should - like a sin tax on gasoline and natural gas. We saw that with coal already. Natural resources we have decades of in the ground that drive our economy, our quality of life and give us security in the world.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:39 am

crashcourse wrote:are you better off today then you were 3 years ago
No

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:00 pm

Then it was your own dumb fault.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:03 pm

If people were honest, espeically lower income people, I'd bet 80% would say they are better off.

Now that's not to say they are living easy, better off might be marginal - I'm made $28,000 this year and last year I made $26,900 sorta thing but still
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Nobody has been better off since Orange guy became President. Are you? Nope. Unless you are rich.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:50 pm

oh yea, I'm doing great

of course I"m white , so you know, I'm privileged

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:31 pm

“Ladies and ladies-who-are-actually-men, welcome to the first debate of candidates for the Democratic Party’s nomination. The first question:

Most of you have signed in to the Green New Deal proposal. Please explain your position on the abolition of the internal combustion engine and cow farts in the next 12 years.

Harris: I wholeheartedly support these proposals to keep our planet from bursting into flames in 12 years. In fact, I believe the GND does not go far enough. I believe we should abolish the internal combustion engine sooner - in 11 years, and immediately impose a 20% tax on beef.

Warren: I am disappointed that Ms Warren would be so timid in her response to the climate crisis. I hereby call for the internal combustion engine to be abolished in 8 years, and an immediate 50% tax on beef.

Booker: I thought you were both woke, but you are still asleep. When I am elected president, I will abolish fossil fuel engines in 6 years, ban all beef entirely.

Biden: I need to urinate. I pee more often than pregnant broads! I’ll be back, but this might take a while..,

Sanders: I know what you mean, Joe. But I would just like to say, when I provide Medicare for all...

Moderator: ... Well?

Sanders: Well what?

Moderator: You were saying that when you provide Medicare for all....

Sanders: Yes. That’s what I said.

Moderator: Tupical Jew; probably busy thinking about all his money.

Klobuchar: I woulld just like to say, I am from a moderate from Minnesota. And I will ban all fossil fuels in 4 years, but with exemptions for tractors and combines used by a Minnesota farmers, until we can come up with wind powered and solar powered tractors and combines. Also, I would ban not only beef, but also pork, to save the planet. This will not apply to caucus goers in Iowa.

Hickenlooper: I will ban all fuel engines by my Inauguration Day. I will also make beef, pork, and chicken illegal. Unless you have the munchies. We have a LOT of people with the munchies in Colorado.

Klobuchar: Speaking of the munchies, I’d like a salad and comb, please:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:58 pm

Sad thing is you think anybody is going to read that and you think it's really witty. But you're wrong on both counts...

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:18 pm

I am deeply distressed that you didn’t like it after you read it. Deeply distressed indeed.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 pm

It was boring and stupid

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:03 pm

Well, I was wrong. Somebody did read it. But hey, one out of two ain't bad...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:12 pm

I hope you choke on a taco

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:00 pm

In recent news, the Canadian government recently approached drug regulations that will essentially allow doctors to prescribe pharmaceutical grade heroin. No, you did not read that incorrectly. Yes, in very specific situations, pharmaceutical grade heroin will now be available in Canada as a medical therapy.

It all started with Crosstown, a highly controversial clinic in Vancouver, British Columbia. This clinic already has a special “heroin-maintenance” program, in which addicts could come into the program and receive free, nurse-supervised injections of heroin as many as three times a day. The Crosstown program was the only one of its kind in Canada and the U.S., but there are eight other countries in the world that utilize programs like this in full force.

With the new policy signed into place by Justin Trudeau, new changes will now make “heroin clinics” legal across all of Canada, which could make heroin trafficking into the U.S. more common. It could also create a variety of negative problems for Canadians too. And this is not the only drug-related change that Trudeau is making. Trudeau also promised to legalize marijuana for recreational purposes. Of course, the future-thinkers are seeing a future in Canada where all drugs are legal, across the boards, and for all purposes.

For better or for worse, Canada is slowly but surely approaching the condition of mass decriminalization of drug practices and the legalization of all drugs. Will it happen in our lifetimes? It's hard to say. But it probably will happen.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:32 am

Already invested in weed stocks. Any herion stocks out there?