Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:52 pm

sardis wrote:It looks like College Game Day outside the Senate.
Or the Star Wars cantina scene.

Susan Collins needs a lot more Secret Service protection. Heidi Heitkamp needs to update her resume.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:24 pm

After failing to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation, Democrats wonder if it's time to be more ruthless

ok, so you're already protesting on the street as Antifa, hitting unarmed counter protesters with bike chains and clubs

you're already BLM, inciting violence against police officers

and accusing a man of gang rape & possible (or at least potential) pedophilia. Doxxing families of politicians. Shooting up Congressional baseball games. These events weren't democrats being "more ruthless"?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:08 pm

It almost worries me what's going to happen (and it's going to happen, sometime) when dems are in power again...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Buy kleenex stock

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Im not worried. It looks like it’s mostly women and patsy men. Besides, these effeminates don’t believe in owning guns.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:33 pm

hedge wrote:It almost worries me what's going to happen (and it's going to happen, sometime) when dems are in power again...
I've had the same thought. The current Left's rhetoric already reminds me of Robespierre's Committee of Public Safety, Mao's Red Guards, and Khomenei's Revolutionary Council. There's no telling what they will do if/when they get power.

I agree with Sardis that they are mostly effete vegan little panty waists, and the right has a LOT of guns. (That is precisely the situation for which the 2nd Amendment was written). But the Revolutionaries would have the state and local police, FBI, DOJ, NSA, CIA, etc on their side. That is a LOT of capability. Against that, the armed right wouldn't last very long.

I'll go to Ireland. I've got my Irish citizenship and passport, ready to go.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:05 pm

Can you speak the language?
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Because I grew up with Irish grandparents, my fake Irish accent is flawless enough to fool natives, and has in a couple of pubs. Gaelic, not so much.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:06 am

Lmao

[tweet]1049077517208838144[/tweet]
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:19 am

So, young privileged white boy, how many women have you raped this month?

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:20 am

You got to love the topics that were written.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ax/572212/

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:46 am

"Leftists, as soon as you give yourselves completely to your hate, your journey to the Dark Side will be complete." - Darth Vader.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 am

The dilemma of progressive affluent white parents

the capper is the ending

Being a good parent should not come at the expense of being — or raising — a good citizen. If progressive white parents are truly committed to the values they profess, they ought to consider how helping one’s own child get ahead in society may not be as big a gift as helping create a more just society for them to live in in the future.

JFC. now you're not raising your kids properly if you're white because you're not letting them get the shit beat out of them in some inner city school

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:29 am

I am in the first generation of my family on both sides to go to college (and more of my cousins do not have degrees than do). I attended majority minority schools all the way through high school (and most of the time white was not even second on the list). I was educated mostly by black females. The idea that anyone would ever understand all that before making a judgement though seems laughable. Just as laughable as the idea that my parents should somehow be lauded for those decisions. They were simply doing the best they could like everyone else. The fact that I didnt go to "the best" schools has nothing to do with race and everything to do with money. The fact that I got a good college education out of it anyway, also doesnt seem to be related to race. The smart people got out and into major universities and the dumbfucks mostly didn't whether black, hispanic, white, etc.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:37 am

yea but that nefarious white privilege has followed you around since birth making sure you had an easier path than your black or latino counterpart.
and because of that you have an obligation to them and furthermore, no ability to provide commentary on what is right or fair in society in regards to race.

no matter how successful you or your children are in life, it will always be because you had it easier than the most disadvantaged minority.

never forget that.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:49 am

It takes a village...

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:54 am

Privilege definitely exists. The phrase that "its not what you know, but who you know," can be dead-on perfectly accurate at times. The fact that this is a huge disadvantage to minority and immigrant populations cannot be denied.

But what it has become in the last 15 years or so with the rise of hard core identity politics is insanity. Assuming someone is privileged just because they are white, or are not privileged just because they are a minority is basically the exact type of racist bullshit that we were taught was horseshit from when we were babies.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:43 am

aTm wrote:Privilege definitely exists. The phrase that "its not what you know, but who you know," can be dead-on perfectly accurate at times. The fact that this is a huge disadvantage to minority and immigrant populations cannot be denied.

But what it has become in the last 15 years or so with the rise of hard core identity politics is insanity. Assuming someone is privileged just because they are white, or are not privileged just because they are a minority is basically the exact type of racist bullshit that we were taught was horseshit from when we were babies.
well to some extent, the idea has really changed from Kings statement - it IS about judging someone by the color of their skin and not the content of their character -

its really about equal outcomes, not equal opportunity - and if there is an outcome inequality then its not about an individual, its about a race.

I recognize there are issues beyond economics, but economics is the #1 issue here. If you're a minority and you are affluent enough to move into a neighborhood where your kids are in good schools, there is no crime and you have access to shopping, community amenities and entertainment, then I have to believe that racial inequality isn't you're primary driver during the day.

And what bothers me is this idea that all white kids go to a high dollar major university, graduate (relatively debt free) and then start off with their $200K home in the suburb and the Toyota Camry in the driveway.

They ignore the hundreds of thousands of kids that are going to community college because of their lack of privilege who go on graduate, land a mundane job and work 10 or 15 years before they attain the level of middle class. Their kids won't be going to private schools, they won't be socking away $2 million into a 401K and they won't be getting memberships to a country club, but they've laid the groundwork for them to get out of the cycle of poverty and maybe their grandkids , assuming their own children inherit a similar work ethic they did, will see some of the benefits of generational ladder climbing.

This path is open to anyone and everyone in America - whether they are in the midst of living in the worst inner city neighborhood or on the side of a mountain in Appalachia - and the privilege is - there is a path you can take to dig your way out. Lets call that the American privilege. Its why thousands of people walk for days to cross our border.

And being white you aren't allowed to say it but both minorities and white America have a large % of people that just don't take advantage of that opportunity. The difference is I don't give a fuck about the white people that don't, but I'm supposed to feel guilty about the minorities.

I don't know if electing Donald Trump made white people more embolden to talk about this sort of thing or his election just outraged minorities who associate white privilege with those who elected a president who was white (and had the misfortune to follow an African American president), but the country has many, many more white people that are in their first generation of being middle class , whose parents sacrificed and pushed them to obtain that position with their own hard work than multiple generations of white wealthy country club types, and those first generation middle class white people have zero sympathy for anyone telling them they benefited from privilege.

That is why they'd vote for and support a guy like Trump, not because they have any connection or aspirations to the life he leads, but because they just aren't going to listen to any entitled bullshit from anyone which is what they'd get electing any democrat to office.

Obama had a great opportunity to move this country forward in race relations. Instead he spoke to and inflamed the baggage of racial inequality as he presided over his job as the most powerful man in the world, a job he earned because white people voted for him.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:10 pm

I'd like to live on the side of a mountain in Appalachia...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:16 pm

sardis wrote:You got to love the topics that were written.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ax/572212/
That was kinda funny. I never knew there was a field of Fat Studies...