cmon say it....you know you want to --do it cmon

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by 10ac » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 am

hedge wrote:Indicted for reporting inaccurate facts? LMAO, the entire industry of journalism would cease to exist if they did that...
OK.
I wish you would cease to exist.
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:32 am

"It's Russian, hedge. I prefer "t'varich." Since Soviet tactics are back in style, might as well bring back the lingo, da?"

Yeah, I get that, if you want to go full russian, just do it. But if you're going to translate it into english, why misspell it?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Durak.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:02 pm

10ac wrote:
hedge wrote:Indicted for reporting inaccurate facts? LMAO, the entire industry of journalism would cease to exist if they did that...
OK.
I wish you would cease to exist.
A

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:22 pm

I wonder why DSL isn't gloating over Hastert. Is he dead?
Let 'er Blow!

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:00 pm

What has happened to tangerines? Now it's all Cuties and Halos. They peel the same but have absolutely no taste. Did they disappear when they changed the name of the Tangerine Bowl?
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:25 pm

10ac wrote:I wonder why DSL isn't gloating over Hastert. Is he dead?
DSL is part of the class action lawsuit against Hastert. His lawyers are keeping him quiet until trial.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:27 pm

10ac wrote:What has happened to tangerines? Now it's all Cuties and Halos. They peel the same but have absolutely no taste. Did they disappear when they changed the name of the Tangerine Bowl?
Thanks for sharing.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Amherst has a free speech event, and campus PC enforcers of tolerance, pluralism, diversity and inclusion contribute their valuable perspective.

[youtube]ANgl54duC0A[/youtube]

Those little veal will all get jobs in the Hillary Clinton administration.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Conservative Icon & Serial Child Molester/Registered Sex Offender . . .

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016 ... /83584440/

CHICAGO — Former House speaker Dennis Hastert, who less than a decade ago stood second in line to the presidency, was sentenced to 15 months in federal prison Wednesday for a bank fraud case linked to allegations he sexually abused teen boys more than 30 years ago.

Federal Judge Thomas Durkin called Hastert, 74, a "serial child molester" and rejected a prosecutor's recommendation of six months in prison on a banking charge that carries a maximum five-year sentence. The court also fined Hastert $250,000 and sentenced him to two years of supervised release after leaving prison. Hastert must register as a sex offender.

"Nothing is more disturbing than having 'serial child molester' and 'Speaker of the House' in the same sentence," Durkin said.

Hastert, who entered court in a wheelchair and needed help standing to address the judge, admitted for the first time mistreating some athletes when he was a high school wrestling coach in Illinois before he began his political career.

“I want to apologize to the boys I mistreated,” Hastert said. “They looked (up) at me and I took advantage of them.”

Zachary Fardon, the U.S. Attorney for Northern Illinois, said federal guidelines for the charge of illegal structuring of bank withdrawals dictated his office's recommendation for up to a six-month prison term. Hastert pleaded guilty to the charge in October. Fardon noted that Hastert would have faced more serious charges for sex abuse had the statutes of limitation for the criminal sexual misconduct not expired years ago.

The federal guidelines set a maximum sentence for illegal structuring at five years in prison. Prosecutors say Hastert knowingly tried to evade triggering a rule that requires banks to report withdrawals over $10,000 to the IRS, but the money was legally obtained and he paid all appropriate taxes on the funds. Those details direct prosecutors to seek a relatively short sentence under the guidelines.

"We followed the case where it led, we brought the charges we could bring, and through that Mr. Hastert's legacy and legend are gone," Fardon said. "In its place are a broken, humiliated man."

Durkin acknowledged he could not sentence Hastert "for being a child molester" and that his sentence would "pale in comparison" to what the former lawmaker would have faced had he been convicted of state charges for sexual abuse of a child.

Under current Illinois law, Hastert would have faced between three and seven years in state prison if convicted of a single count of sexual misconduct with a minor.

The judge said that the prison term was not intended to be a "death sentence," but made clear that Hastert's age and shaky health should not prevent him from doing time. More than 4,600 inmates federally incarcerated are above the age of 70, roughly the same age that Hastert began making the illegally structured withdrawals to cover up his past wrongdoing, the judge said. Durkin has yet to set a surrender date for when Hastert has to report to prison.

Hastert's lawyer have said that he suffered a small stroke shortly after he pleaded guilty in October, and that he was also hospitalized for a blood infection.

The sentencing completes the spectacular fall of a former small-town high school coach who rose to lead Congress. Hastert was a legendary wrestling coach and social studies teacher at Yorkville for 16 years before launching a political career in the early 1980s that culminated with him being elected as U.S. House speaker.

One former athlete, now 53, testified that he was abused by Hastert, describing a locker room molestation when he was 17 years old.

"Judge, I wanted you to know the pain and suffering he caused me then, and the pain and suffering he causes me today," said Scott Cross, the brother of prominent Illinois politician Tom Cross. USA TODAY normally does not name victims of abuse, but Cross revealed his name in open court.

Defense attorney Thomas Green confirmed that Hastert asked his legal team to reach out to Tom Cross to write a letter on Hastert's behalf. Lawyers for Hastert have said in court papers that Hastert did not recall the incident with Scott Cross.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:41 pm

DSL changed his moniker.
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:13 am

Conservative icon? Hardly.

But Hastert joins countless other Chicago and Illinois pols that went to prison - including ANOTHER Speaker of the House, three recent governors, several congressmen, etc. a prison record is required for any politician's resume in the Land of Lincoln.

My favorite was congressman Mel Reynolds. When he got arrested for having sex with a Catholic schoolgirl, his response was, "Can't a brother have a love life?"

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:51 am

I wonder if Mexico is paying for it.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/investigat ... 29721.html

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:25 am

Why does the White House have a fence at all? That's racist.

"Mr. Obama, tear down this fence!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:40 am

The rate of real economic growth is the single greatest determinate of both America’s strength as a nation and the well-being of the American people.

On Thursday the Commerce Department announced that the US economy expanded at the slowest pace in two years. GDP growth rose at an anemic 0.5% rate after a paltry 1.4% fourth quarter advance.

Ronald Reagan brought forth an annual real GDP growth of 3.5%.
Barack Obama will be lucky to average a 1.55% GDP growth rate.

This ranks Obama as the fourth worst presidency on record.

Barack Obama will be the only U.S. president in history who did not deliver a single year of 3.0%+ economic growth.

According to Louis Woodhill, if the economy continues to perform below 2.67% GDP growth rate this year, President Barack Obama will leave office with the fourth worst economic record in US history.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:08 am

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:39 am

I'm not a fan of Obama, but to be fair, he inherited an economic Chernobyl on his first day in office. That would skew any president's numbers downward.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:42 am

Toemeesleather wrote:Image
A good cartoon, but my caption would have been, "The greatest threat to America is climate change!"

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:13 am

Professor Tiger wrote:I'm not a fan of Obama, but to be fair, he inherited an economic Chernobyl on his first day in office. That would skew any president's numbers downward.
Don't worry - President Trump will make America great again.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."