Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Everybody expects Dem's to get caught in sex scandals. I'm surprised that the Dem colleagues of Rep. Weiner got run out of town. Even Nancy Pelosi was outraged by Weiner's behavior - probably because he was sexting females instead of males.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

gule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: South Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by gule » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 am

OT

God bless TEXAS for doing justice to the(illegal Mex) murderer of one little girl inspite of Obama and his goons....

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:37 am

U.S. employment growth ground to a halt in June, with employers hiring the fewest number of workers in nine months, dousing hopes the economy would regain momentum in the second half of the year.

Nonfarm payrolls rose only 18,000, the weakest reading since September, the Labor Department said on Friday, well below economists' expectations for a 90,000 rise.

The unemployment rate climbed to a six-month high of 9.2 percent, even as jobseekers left the labor force in droves, from 9.1 percent in May.

4 More Yearzzzzz!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:01 am

Private Payrolls Rise by 157,000 in June: ADP

"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:13 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Everybody expects Dem's to get caught in sex scandals. I'm surprised that the Dem colleagues of Rep. Weiner got run out of town. Even Nancy Pelosi was outraged by Weiner's behavior - probably because he was sexting females instead of males.
Ah. Democrats cheat on their spouses with women. It's the Anti-Homosexual Republicans who prefer men.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:13 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Everybody expects Dem's to get caught in sex scandals. I'm surprised that the Dem colleagues of Rep. Weiner got run out of town. Even Nancy Pelosi was outraged by Weiner's behavior - probably because he was sexting females instead of males.
Sex scandals are expected on both sides, there is just a higher rate of male on male sex scandals on the GOP side. The difference is, Dems are fucking whimps and quickly give in to demands that the perp be admonished or kicked out and join in with the GOP tossers shouting for his head, whilst Republicans close ranks and you only hear the Democrats crying for the GOP pervs removal so it ends up some how sounding like partisanship that the Democrats would insist that Senator Fondlebottom be removed for molesting male pages in his wife's hospice room.
THE OG SSG

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am

Dow Up 93 as Stocks Near 2011 High
by Charley Blaine, Moneywatch Thurs., July 7, 2011

A better than expected report on private payroll employment and a dip in jobless claims gave Wall Street a big reason to cheer today.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:38 am

Meanwhile, in GA vegetable crops lay un-tended and dying in the fields, as tough new state immigration laws had the crippling effect of costing farmers hundred of millions of dollars in lost revenue, and driving produce prices sky high.

Hmmm...georgia farmers can't get anybody to pick the crops since all of the mexicans were sent packing... hey toe, what's the unemployment numbers down there? Must be zero if nobody is available to work the fields..

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:07 am

DooKSucks wrote:
Ah. Democrats cheat on their spouses with women. It's the Anti-Homosexual Republicans who prefer men.
Well, there was Jim McGreevey.

But I'll grant that the most humorous recent sex scandal was the Republican Senator from Utah - UTAH! - Larry Craig. Nothing like a devout Mormon grandfather and defender of family values cruising for anonymous gay sex in an airport bathroom.

Ted Haggard is the current leader in the religious bracket.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:10 am

bluetick wrote:Meanwhile, in GA vegetable crops lay un-tended and dying in the fields, as tough new state immigration laws had the crippling effect of costing farmers hundred of millions of dollars in lost revenue, and driving produce prices sky high.

Hmmm...georgia farmers can't get anybody to pick the crops since all of the mexicans were sent packing... hey toe, what's the unemployment numbers down there? Must be zero if nobody is available to work the fields..
Dang! Elberton GA just got a really good Mexican restaurant.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:34 am

I guess the jobs report is in the eye of the beholder...

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout ... et=&ccode=

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:42 am

Dooksucks, I recently saw a CMT special on Kellie Pickler visiting the troops in Iraq.

In the past, you have been rather disparaging of the intellectual capacities of the 2004 Miss Stanly County NC.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:56 am

....report is in the eye of the beholder

Specially when the beholder is a day late and a few million brain cells short.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:16 pm

TheBigMook wrote:
Sex scandals are expected on both sides, there is just a higher rate of male on male sex scandals on the GOP side. The difference is, Dems are fucking whimps and quickly give in to demands that the perp be admonished or kicked out and join in with the GOP tossers shouting for his head, whilst Republicans close ranks and you only hear the Democrats crying for the GOP pervs removal so it ends up some how sounding like partisanship that the Democrats would insist that Senator Fondlebottom be removed for molesting male pages in his wife's hospice room.
Pretty sure you have that 100% backwards as far as closing ranks etc

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:24 pm

bluetick wrote:Private Payrolls Rise by 157,000 in June: ADP

If you retards want to understand why there were eventually surpluses in late 90's and why they want away and then why the deficit started falling again to 160 billion in 2007 and then why it went back up just look at the monthly employment gains:

When you have more people working an paying taxes you have more revenue to waste. Rubio finally said as much on the floor the other day. We need more taxpayers.

Its even easier to see here. The lower the point on the chart and the more revenue to the irs.

Anything that gets in the way of helping to foster job growth is a BAD thing (within reasonable enviro/safety limits etc of course)

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:05 pm

soooo, is growing the amount of taxpayers as good as raising taxes/payer??

balderdash

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey - speaking of growing things..

After enacting House Bill 87, a law designed to drive illegal immigrants out of Georgia, state officials appear shocked to discover that HB 87 is, well, driving a lot of illegal immigrants out of Georgia.

It might be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Thanks to the resulting labor shortage, Georgia farmers have been forced to leave millions of dollars' worth of blueberries, onions, melons and other crops unharvested and rotting in the fields. It has also put state officials into something of a panic at the damage they've done to Georgia's largest industry.

Barely a month ago, you might recall, Gov. Nathan Deal welcomed the TV cameras into his office as he proudly signed HB 87 into law. Two weeks later, with farmers howling, a scrambling Deal ordered an investigation into the impact of the law he had just signed, as if all of this had come as quite a surprise to him.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Okay. Selfishly, I'm a little giddy that GA's republican governor has taken some of the national spotlight away from the comic goings-on** of Tennessee's new republican-dominated leglislature and THEIR notorious bills.
  • **"don't say gay"
    don't teach evolution without equal doses of creationalism
    don't practice Sharia Law (it's a felony!)
    do breastfeed in public with no age restrictions for the child
    do carry guns in bars

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 pm

puterbac wrote:
TheBigMook wrote:
Pretty sure you have that 100% backwards as far as closing ranks etc

You're high right?
THE OG SSG

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by GBJs » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:36 pm

bluetick wrote:Meanwhile, in GA vegetable crops lay un-tended and dying in the fields, as tough new state immigration laws had the crippling effect of costing farmers hundred of millions of dollars in lost revenue, and driving produce prices sky high.

Take the healthy people on the gubmint tit to the farms. ...Here's some temp work, get back to me when the harvest season is over. By the way, your gonna pay taxes on this income. Time to give back. And now your tied to unemployment laws, so don't think you can just quit or get fired.

Problem solved.
Worth. Every. Cent.