Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:15 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:P.S. Tomorrow, the African American vote will go almost entirely to Hillary. Does that mean that black voters think only she will give them equal access to education, jobs, housing, health care, and a safety net, and Bernie will not?
We don't think America will elect Bernie. We're not ones to waste votes.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:19 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:After voting for Democrats by %90+ margins for at least 40 years, how much has that extraordinary loyalty gotten black voters? After all this time, nowhere are equal access to education, jobs, housing, health care, and a safety net more glaringly absent than cities which are overwhelmingly Democrat - Compton, the Bronx, Southside Chicago, East St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, etc. It does not appear that you're getting your vote's worth.
Much better than we would've fared had the GOP held the WH all of the past 40 years.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:13 am

As a contrast, I think the GOP cultural conservatives believe they have been giving their loyalty to the Establishment for 40 years, faithfully voting for dweebs like Dole, the Bushes, and McCain with little to show for it. (They failed to show up for Romney.) They are now flocking to Trump as a way of telling their country club betters that their four decades of loyalty has now come to an end.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:39 am

MSNBC mistakenly shows black man introducing logic into political debate....guarantee somebody at MSNBC lost their job over this....

[youtube]jcWbpGMzSjc[/youtube]
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:56 am

A rising Democratic star — first Samoan-American member of Congress, one of the first female combat veterans to win a House seat — Tulsi Gabbard just quit as vice chair of the Democratic National Committee so she could endorse Bernie Sanders.

Thereby earning herself a spot high on Hillary Clinton’s enemies list.

Gabbard had been unhappy for months: She was one of the few voices decrying the machinations that limited the party to just six presidential-primary debates — mostly at times designed for low viewership.

Everyone knew party head Debbie Wasserman Schultz was doing Clinton’s work on that front — debates were too likely to boost Hillary’s opponents.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:03 am

I'd like to boost your opponents, but that hardly seems possible given the number you have already...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Booooooooo

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:As a contrast, I think the GOP cultural conservatives believe they have been giving their loyalty to the Establishment for 40 years, faithfully voting for dweebs like Dole, the Bushes, and McCain with little to show for it. (They failed to show up for Romney.) They are now flocking to Trump as a way of telling their country club betters that their four decades of loyalty has now come to an end.
The "modern" GOP (Post Ike) has been a tenous marriage of Eastern Elites, Western Libertarians & Southern Segregationalists, with the latter two serving as clients for the former.

The Libertarians want small government, but the Elites need Big Government - they just want it to be funded by everyone but them. Big Government funds Big Ag subsidies, subsidizes R&D for Big Pharm & Big Defense, provides insurance for Big Banking and staffs a military full of poor kids to protect the Elites' global business interests. So, with 20 years of Reagan, Bush & Bush II - the size of Big Government exploded.

The Sergregationalists want to "make America great again," with white culture insulated from the influence of Mud People on White Neighborhoods, White Schools, White Jobs, White Women & White Jesus (& White Santa Claus, too, according to Megan Kelly), but the Elites can't be quite as elite if the underclass is only made up of minorities. With Blacks as maids/nannies and Latinos picking grapes & tomatoes, the Elites only made 10-15 times as much as their employees. But by reducing the middle class and forcing more whites into the underclass, the Elites can make 800 -1,200 times as much as their employees, so they convince middle class & working class whites that things like Social Security, Medicare, Collective Bargaining, Public Education and a Progressive Tax - all of the things that "made America great" for working class and middle class whites - are bad.

So at some point the glue comes apart. The Libertarians begin to realize that the GOP makes the government even bigger than Dems do (unbudgeted wars are a great way to do that) and the Segregationalists see their agenda is largely ignored in the places where the Elites live (for every abortion clinic they close in OK they'll build 5 in NY, CA, FLA, MA or places the Elite actually care about). They'll let them have all the assault rifles they want to protect Idaho from an invasion of Putin, the Ayatollah or Jesse Jackson, but if you have pistol for personal protection in NYC, your ass is going to jail.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:56 pm

"They are now flocking to Trump as a way of telling their country club betters that their four decades of loyalty has now come to an end."

Ah, the revolt of the rabble. Who would've ever thought it would have happened in the GOP? Makes perfect sense, actually, but most of those those people were so happy just to be white that it was enough for them to think themselves elite. They didn't realize (or rather, didn't want to realize) that they were just poor white trash all along. But once the gene expresses itself, there's no going back. Cheers...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:15 pm

JD, as one who leans Libertarian myself, I agree with that description of my tribe.

Hedge, "revolt of the rabble" describes the GOP situation accurately. The Bastille will be stormed today.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Gabbard had been unhappy for months: She was one of the few voices decrying the machinations that limited the party to just six presidential-primary debates — mostly at times designed for low viewership.

Everyone knew party head Debbie Wasserman Schultz was doing Clinton’s work on that front — debates were too likely to boost Hillary’s opponents.
Likely to boost Hillary's opponents? Plural? Hell, nobody after Sanders polled more than 3%...I doubt Hillary's people ever worried about anyone beyond Bernie. And nobody in that field was going to out-debate Hills anyway, c'mon. What a bunch of nonsense.

Most pundits think Hillary having to duke it out in the primaries instead of being coronated is a plus for her, and I tend to agree. She needs to be in fighting trim when The Donald gets his gop championship belt..."The Trumpinator". 6'4" 240lbs vs 5'7" 148lbs (he has a longer reach but she has massive ankle support).
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 pm

"The Libertarians want small government, but the Elites need Big Government - they just want it to be funded by everyone but them. Big Government funds Big Ag subsidies, subsidizes R&D for Big Pharm & Big Defense, provides insurance for Big Banking and staffs a military full of poor kids to protect the Elites' global business interests. So, with 20 years of Reagan, Bush & Bush II - the size of Big Government exploded.".

Rare cogent analysis by JD.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:51 pm

"The Sergregationalists want to "make America great again," with white culture insulated from the influence of Mud People on White Neighborhoods, White Schools, White Jobs, White Women & White Jesus (& White Santa Claus, too, according to Megan Kelly)"

This is outdated with regards to the South. Even though it would have been true 20-30 years ago It's not white vs. black, now, as much as Protestant Christian vs. everything else including secularism.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:44 pm

bluetick wrote:
Toemeesleather wrote:Gabbard had been unhappy for months: She was one of the few voices decrying the machinations that limited the party to just six presidential-primary debates — mostly at times designed for low viewership.

Likely to boost Hillary's opponents? Plural? Hell, nobody after Sanders polled more than 3%...I doubt Hillary's people ever worried about anyone beyond Bernie. And nobody in that field was going to out-debate Hills anyway, c'mon. What a bunch of nonsense.

Most pundits think Hillary having to duke it out in the primaries instead of being coronated is a plus for her, and I tend to agree. She needs to be in fighting trim when The Donald gets his gop championship belt..."The Trumpinator". 6'4" 240lbs vs 5'7" 148lbs (he has a longer reach but she has massive ankle support).

The more salient point of her publicly endorsing the Bern is that yet another fissure is exposed in the PAHs supposed lock on getting elected. She has nowhere near the support of liberals, hispanics, females, millennials or men that Slick and Obammer had. The only group she has in her pocket to the degree Slick/Obammer had is the coloreds.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:She's losing ground to a freakin' communist.....and she'll never get the 98% black vote like Slick and Brock got.
Toemeesleather wrote:She has nowhere near the support of liberals, hispanics, females, millennials or men that Slick and Obammer had. The only group she has in her pocket to the degree Slick/Obammer had is the coloreds.
Well, which is it Gov. Maddox? You're a very un-complicated person, yet you still manage to contradict yourself from one week to the next.

a riddle wrapped in a mystery, inside an enema
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:57 pm

I'd say 90-92% is still in the pocket, but short of what Slick/Obammer got. Simple enough for you? Most folks, regardless of color, creed, age....just don't tolerate the level of lying/prevarication coming from the PAH, doesn't seem to bother you though.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:12 pm

sardis wrote:
This is outdated with regards to the South. Even though it would have been true 20-30 years ago It's not white vs. black, now, as much as Protestant Christian vs. everything else including secularism.
I disagree. The Southern white evangelicals are Protestant Christians and largely vote R. The Southern black church is Protestant Christian and heavily vote D. The Southern Protestant Christian vote is VERY black vs. white and split down the middle.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Most folks, regardless of color, creed, age....just don't tolerate the level of lying/prevarication coming from the PAH...
There is a group that DOES tolerate the level of lying/prevarication coming from the PAH. They are called Democrats.

There is another group the USUALLY tolerates the level of lying/prevarication coming from the PAH. They are called American voters.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:07 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
sardis wrote:
I disagree. The Southern white evangelicals are Protestant Christians and largely vote R. The Southern black church is Protestant Christian and heavily vote D. The Southern Protestant Christian vote is VERY black vs. white and split down the middle.
Yep. I haven't lived in the South since 1987, but I still travel to Memphis every 6 months or so and Little Rock annually. I've noticed that things are downright civil - if not completely inclusive - within the city limits. Once you get about 10 miles outside of the city limits, however, it's 1891 again.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:24 am

You should visit my hometown, the ATL. You'd really like it here. I do.