Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

Dr. Nostron
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Dr. Nostron » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Would love to - but work will not permit it.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Is that what you call your wife?
Let 'er Blow!

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:30 pm

nah...he calls her 'check book'...

KeviNole
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by KeviNole » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Not here - opening day (baseball) for 2 of the 3 boys, and Mrs. Kevi is singing the National Anthem.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:30 am

Jimbo says we are going to be real good - http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2012 ... eal-good-".

I hope he's right.

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Jimbo has put the reverse hex voodoo on us big time

litmfw, baby

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Noles land prospects in football, basketball

Apr. 25, 2012 |
Written by

Ira Schoffel

Democrat sports editor

Late April isn't typically a hot time for commitments in college football or basketball, but the Seminoles landed two impressive prospects on Tuesday.

First Boris Bojanovsky, a 7-foot-3 center from the Slovak Republic, announced in the morning that he is signing with the Florida State men's basketball team and should be available to play for the Seminoles in the 2012-13 season.

Then in the afternoon, highly touted linebacker E.J. Levenberry announced that he was committing to play football for Florida State. He is expected to sign in February and suit up for FSU in the fall of 2013.

Levenberry, who is rated the nation's No. 3 outside linebacker by Rivals.com and the 15th best player at any position, made his announcement during a ceremony at his high school. He chose the Seminoles over Michigan and Oklahoma.

Levenberry, who is listed at 6-foot-3, 230 pounds, isn't as highly rated by some of the other recruiting services — ESPN lists him as the No. 11 inside linebacker — but he was recruited by many of the nation's top programs.

During his ceremony Tuesday, Levenberry spent several minutes thanking those schools as well as his coaches, family and friends.

"Now for the big news," Levenberry said. "I decided to play college football at …"

He then picked up a Florida State hat, placed it on his head and chopped with his right hand while his high school pep band played the Warchant.

Bojanovsky, the basketball prospect, took a more subdued approach. His announcement was posted on the website of his club team, the Canarias Basketball Academy.

"This was always the goal for me when I came to CBA three years ago," Bojanovsky said. "My dream has come true, to know I'll be playing in the ACC under a great coach and at a powerhouse program."

Bojanovsky averaged 22 points and 13.3 rebounds at last summer's U18 European Championship. He also received interest from N.C. State, Virginia Tech, Miami, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State and others.

FSU is expected to bring in one more center as part of this recruiting class.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:47 am

State goes 8-4 next year
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 am

innocentbystander wrote:State goes 8-4 next year
If "State" means "Florida State", I'll put my money where my mouth is. We'll win 9 games if injuries kill us again, I'll be disappointed with less than 11 wins. Our schedule sets up nicely to beat last year's record, and we had a lot of bad breaks leading to 8-4.

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:11 pm

personally, I'm more worried about USF than Clemson ... at Raymond James and BJ Daniels in his senior year...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:10 am

billy bob bocephus wrote:personally, I'm more worried about USF than Clemson ... at Raymond James and BJ Daniels in his senior year...
There are 6 gimmies on your schedule. You'll win (maybe) a couple more and go 8-4.

You aren't beating Clemson, VPI, or South Florida. There is 3 losses right there.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:21 am

Just curious - have you looked at graduation losses in the conference this year? Clemson lost, what, 3 OL and a couple of really good DL? They're going to be inexperienced in the trenches...we're weak at OL but our DL is the best 2-deep in the country and it's not close. And it's a home game. They have some good playmakers on offense; Boyd was fantastic against us last year, and Watkins could have been drafted yesterday, but their RBs don't scare me and we will be better prepared to face the HUNH this year. Venables is an upgrade at DC but he got shoved out at OU.

VT lost 4 of 5 starters on the OL, and their best player at RB. That will be a tough Thursday night game but we have a good history against VT and the weekend off before.

USF will be another tough road game and it follows Clemson. I'm with BBB - there's no reason we should lose this game but it's one of the more dangerous games on the schedule and I could see us losing. I don't see us losing to Clemson, VT, and USF.

This is the most favorable schedule we've had in YEARS and the most talented team as well. I'm not sold on EJ being a difference maker and if the OL sucks we could struggle on offense. But with an average stretch of healthy play, 10 wins should be in the bag.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Kevin,

A terrible season for VPI is 9-3. You are losing to VPI. Accept it.

And you wont stop Boyd.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Yes, 9-3 is terrible for VT because they usually have a schedule like ours this year. And keep in mind, I'm not talking about OOC opponents; timing, home/away, etc. are all very important in assessing difficulty of schedule. Our schedule lines up very nicely; last year it did not. If our OL is above average, we'll compete for the MNC. If it's average, we should win the conference. If it's poor, Trickett needs to be shitcanned and we'll have another disappointing season. The only other area of weakness is LB, where we have many excellent players but not as much depth as we'd like.

VT is a strong program but far from our dynasty of the 90s. They have solid coaching and several good players but they are weak in a lot of areas as well. They also lost 80% of their starting OL, two of their best receivers ever, and a really good RB. They'll reload, but if you think they'll be as good on offense as they were in 2011, you're delusional. They can certainly go 9-3 with us kicking their ass. We play Duke, then an open date, then VT on Thursday. That's a LOOOOOT of prep time for the Hokies. VT plays Miami a week before us, on the road. Miami is not a great team but will require significantly more prep time than Duke/open date just because they still have decent talent.

We may have 3-5 defensive players selected in the 1st round of the draft next year, depending on which juniors go early.

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Mon May 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I see where there are rumors of Clemson and FSU going to the Big 12 ... personally, I don't see it happening for the Noles ... the travel to Boston and DC is bad enough

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 07, 2012 8:34 pm

billy bob bocephus wrote:I see where there are rumors of Clemson and FSU going to the Big 12 ... personally, I don't see it happening for the Noles ... the travel to Boston and DC is bad enough
This is not the Big (L)East.

Teams in the ACC are not going anywhere. The Exit clause is much too painful (financially) for anyone to exit. Everyone knows that Clem wants in to the SEC so the rest of the ACC wrote by-laws to prevent that from happening and Clem signed it.

They are at fourteen teams in the 2013 season and it is only a matter of time before they go to 16 (the first 16-team conference.)

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sun May 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Lot of conflicting messages coming out of FSU about their interest in the Big12. Seems pretty safe to say though that many were disappointed by the ACC tv contract which will probably end up being 5th best despite being the newest

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Mon May 14, 2012 8:14 am

While I'd rather the ACC get their shit together, that's obviously not going to happen so I welcome a move to the Big 12. Let the ACC have their basketball and continue to get less and less relevant in the money sport.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 14, 2012 3:38 pm

We only get $17,000,000 per team per year. Blame that on Wake, Duke, UVa, Maryland, and (of course) BC. We don't draw at the games and we do not draw on the TV ratings. So sorry, not enough alumni.

Sure FSU and Clemson want out and want in to the SEC to get more money, but with the $30,000,000 exit fee, I don't see anyone leaving. Those two have to subsidize the other schools.

Sorry Seminoles, you are trapped in the ACC with us. Get used to it.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Mon May 14, 2012 6:23 pm

The speculation has been that the Big12 would pay their exit fees. The question is more whether they want to play a full schedule against teams completely out of their region, particularly in sports that garner no revenue