Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:00 am

sardis wrote:I guess the first amendment applies to professors and not students or guest speakers.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04 ... onors.html
Cal State Fresno is about to go the way of Mizzou.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/17/tw ... image.html

But on the bright side, that professor may have just become the keynote speaker at the next Democrat convention.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Saint » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Trump ain't making it to year 4. Fuck that orange bastard

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:19 pm

It’s hysterical that Trump just pardoned Scooter Libby, “out of the blue.” On Monday, he should pardon G. Gordon Liddy. On Tuesday, he should pardon the doctor who prescribed all that propofol to Michael Jackson. On Wednesday, he should pardon Rod Blagojevich. On Thursday, he should pardon Darryl Strawberry.

He should keep pardoning famous people until Michael Cohen takes the hint.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:30 am

I recognize Breitbart isn't the bastion of bullet proof journalism , but then again, no one hits that bar anymore. That said....

An unpublished Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) study confirms Florida State University criminologist Gary Kleck’s findings of more than two million defensive handgun uses (DGUs) per year.

Since the early 1990s, Kleck has maintained that there is a minimum of 760,000 DGUs annually. That is his low estimate; Kleck and research partner Marc Gertz have contended the actual number is closer to 2.5 million.

Kleck reaffirmed his numbers on February 17, 2015, explaining that while plenty of naysayers have criticized his findings, none have been able to offer empirical evidence to counter them.

Now, a CDC study conducted on data from 1996, 1997, and 1998 has been uncovered. The study, which was never released to the public, shows approximately 2.46 million DGUs per year.

Kleck summarized the CDC findings:

In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale national surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU). They never released the findings, or even acknowledged they had studied the topic. I obtained the unpublished raw data and computed the prevalence of DGU. CDC’s findings indicated that an average of 2.46 million U.S. adults used a gun for self-defense in each of the years from 1996 through 1998 – almost exactly confirming the estimate for 1992 of Kleck and Gertz (1995). Possible reasons for CDC’s suppression of these findings are discussed.

On April 20, 2018, Reason magazine quoted Kleck’s reaction to the unpublished CDC findings; he explained that a figure of 2.46 million DGUs a year “[implies] that guns were used defensively by victims about 3.6 times as often as they were used offensively by criminals.”
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:48 pm

The NRA magazine has a whole section reporting on armed citizens defending themselves against attackers during the previous month. That happens all the time, although it’s hardly ever reported.

At least that’s what I hear. I don’t receive “American Rifleman” because I don’t belong to the NRA. (Yeah, that’s the ticket.)

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:50 am

Uh-oh: Kanye West just ran away from the liberal plantation. When they catch him, they will whip him until he says his name is Toby.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Uh-oh: Kanye West just ran away from the liberal plantation. When they catch him, they will whip him until he says his name is Toby.
Incorrect. Kanye fell asleep and the plantation itself picked up and ran oft.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:40 pm

funny how liberals don't see it this way.....

-----------------------------------------------------------

By charging former national-security adviser Michael Flynn for lying to the FBI, Mueller emphasized that even the appearance of false testimony is felonious behavior.

If that is so, then the DOJ will probably have to charge former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe with perjury or related offenses. A report from the Office of the Inspector General indicates that McCabe lied at least four times to federal investigators.

Former FBI director James Comey may also have lied to Congress when he testified that he had not written his report on the Hillary Clinton email scandal before interviewing Clinton. Former director of national intelligence James Clapper and former CIA director John Brennan lied under oath to Congress on matters related to surveillance.

Clinton aides Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin probably lied when they told FBI investigators they had no idea that their then-boss, Hillary Clinton, was using an illegal private email server. Both had communicated with Clinton about it.

Mueller is said to be investigating whether Trump obstructed justice by requesting that Comey go easy on Flynn.

If so, then the DOJ will have to look at Comey himself and DOJ officials who obstructed a federal court. On at least four occasions, they were not honest about the deeply flawed Christopher Steele dossier being the source of information used in applications to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:14 pm

What a banana republic situation this is.

There WAS collusion going on between a presidential candidate and the Russians. That is a proven fact. But the Colluder-in-Chief was Hillary. And nobody is investigating that. There is no evidence at all that Trump colluded with the Russians, yet HE is the one being investigated.

There WAS an attempt by a presidential candidate to hack and hijack a US election. That is a proven fact. But the Hacker-in-Chief was Hilllary and what she did to Bernie. And nobody is investigating that. There is no evidence that Trump tried to hack the US election, yet HE is the one being investigated.

This crooked partisan third world Deep State justice system we have right now is worthy of Russia or Venezuela, not the US.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Nothin' gets tick riled more than an uppity colored.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:09 pm

By charging former national-security adviser Michael Flynn for lying to the FBI, Mueller emphasized that even the appearance of false testimony is felonious behavior.
Classic VDH. He gives no citation that would lead one to conclude the Mueller indictment was based on "the appearance" of a lie. And btfw, Flynn pled GUILTY. Not because what he did looked bad, but because he lied his ass off about things that were directly contradicted by surveillance from U.S. intelligence.

Hanson can claim McCabe lied about this or that, or Comey or whomever, but here's how it works: show evidence to the contrary re: McCabe's statements and swear out a warrant. Conservatives may not see it this way, but they actually do control all 3 branches of the federal government. Sessions is the AG and Wray is the head of the FBI. Make the fucking case or stfu.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Nothin' gets tick riled more than an uppity colored.
You use dated terms like coloreds and negroes quite a lot, toe. Your reasons are all your own, of course.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:31 am

North Korea and South Korea have agreed to denuclearize the peninsula and later this year formally end the war between the two nations that began in 1950.
Interested in North Korea?

The nations signed an armistice when the fighting ended in 1953, but they've now agreed to pursue a proper peace agreement tied to the "common goal of realizing, through complete denuclearization, a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula."

-----------------

somehow I don't see Trump getting the Nobel Peace Prize like Obama did

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:39 am

I’m not sure that threatening nuclear war and being so unhinged that people believe you’ll do it is very peaceful.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:50 am

Cletus wrote:I’m not sure that threatening nuclear war and being so unhinged that people believe you’ll do it is very peaceful.

certainly as valid as Obama talking about global peace and then increasing drone strikes, keeping gitmo open and propagating the rise of Isis.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:59 am

I don’t recall defending Obama’s prize.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:00 am

I guess it's possible that Trump is a political genius, that the persona he crafted his whole life was solely in order to make crazy foreign despots believe that he was even crazier than them and not to fuck with him, but that kind of scenario is almost always the stuff of fiction. Now then, I would guess most Trump supporters would say it doesn't matter if it was the deliberate ploy of a genius or if he's really just batshit crazy, the results are the same.

The downside is, either way, in order to make foreign despots believe you are batshit crazy, you have to do a lot of batshit crazy stuff. For every political gain, there's a price. I guess, believing as I do that Trump is not a political genius and that he has not crafted the Trump personal over decades precisely in order to exercise a global mindfuck on foreign despots, you might as well get something out of him and his craziness. Certainly this element of his personality is something that similarly whacko despots like Kim Jung-un understand intimately, something that resonates in their very souls, something they fear, from the most personal experience. Like I say, might as well get something positive out of all of this...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:05 am

I think that his performance on Fox & Friends yesterday proved that he’s a senile old fuck and not a brilliant strategist.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:09 am

Yes, that was disturbing, even for Trump. He was literally screaming and ranting, even the Trump-friendly Fox hosts were clearly aghast. The best (well, or something) part was when one of them just cut him off in an (failed) attempt to salvage the situation, he just blurted out "well Mr. President, we know you're busy, thanks for calling in, bye!"
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.