Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:17 pm

I disagree. I'm a strong believer that it's a moral failing. Still, it should be legal...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Actually, I'm just being obstinate when I say that. I don't think it's a disorder or a moral failing or a character flaw. Humans (and probably pre-humanoids) have sought to alter their consciousness since day one (see Adam and Eve, which was also the origin of the idea of it being a "sin." But it's not a sin or anything else, it's just an essential part of our DNA, hardwired into us as a species. I've read articles about the evolution of human consciousness being the result of apes (or pre-apes) who ate mushrooms or some other psychedelic substance. I can believe that...

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:52 pm

eCat wrote:it would appear that Bolton is in. It will be a minor miracle if we don't go to war with Iran now
It will be fun to see how you rationalize whatever atrocities come from the trump/Bolton pairing.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Cletus wrote:
eCat wrote:it would appear that Bolton is in. It will be a minor miracle if we don't go to war with Iran now
It will be fun to see how you rationalize whatever atrocities come from the trump/Bolton pairing.
you mean like saying at least we don't have Hillary?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:50 am

I have some good news for you TDS sufferers: today, March 23, 2018, is the day that may go down in history when Trump lost a sizeable chunk of his supporters. The $1.3 trillion spending bill just passed by the congress and senate is a betrayal of everything that the Republicans and Trump ran on, and Trump says he is going to sign it.

It could have been written by Pelosi. It gives the Democrats - the minority party - everything they want. Schumer even praised the bill, which tells you everything you need to know. The Trump base could care less about the Russian Collusion hoax and Stormy Daniels. They can put up with the loony tweets and staffing chaos. But giving up on the Wall is a fireable offense.

At the very least, the Republicans just handed control of the house and senate to the Democrats in the midterms with a red bow at the top. So enjoy, Democrats.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:32 am

A Manhattan millionaire who was also a lifelong dem. Manchurian candidate. And you're the sucker who bought it...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:59 am

As he attempts to make his presence felt in the West Wing, Bolton is likely to meet resistance from Mattis and the president’s chief of staff John Kelly, who are said to be “sceptical” of him. And he appears to have struck some kind of bargain to moderate his bellicose instincts. One source told CNN’s White House correspondent Kaitlan Collins that “Bolton promised Trump ‘he wouldn’t start any wars’ if he selected him as the new national security adviser”.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:09 am

Mattis and Kelly have been there for a long time (well, a long time in Trump cabinet tenure time), they're due to be fired or quit any day now...

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:17 am

eCat wrote:As he attempts to make his presence felt in the West Wing, Bolton is likely to meet resistance from Mattis and the president’s chief of staff John Kelly, who are said to be “sceptical” of him. And he appears to have struck some kind of bargain to moderate his bellicose instincts. One source told CNN’s White House correspondent Kaitlan Collins that “Bolton promised Trump ‘he wouldn’t start any wars’ if he selected him as the new national security adviser”.
Of course, now "sources" are denying that he made any promises. In any event, promises like that are useless. A 70 year old guy is not going to suddenly change his worldview and everything his professional life has been built on to this point.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:25 am

I was thinking about that when I heard it.

I think that was probably leaked to box Bolton in and protect Trump

No, I don't believe Bolton will change his spots but I do think he's been labeled publicly as a war monger now and will have to defend that in all his positions.

Trump will fire him in a year after some resolution with North Korea and Iran have been met.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:26 am

hedge wrote:Mattis and Kelly have been there for a long time (well, a long time in Trump cabinet tenure time), they're due to be fired or quit any day now...
I think one of them, I can't remember which is up next

Trump clearly has a problem when he says "final answer" and then someone disagrees with him. And these two guys aren't going to sit around and be yes men for him.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:14 am

To this casual observer it appears that Trump has fired the 'adults' who were minding him - Tillerson, Cohn, and McMaster come to mind, all casualties in the last couple of weeks. The same applies to his legal team. He's pretty much drained his own swamp, so to speak. The firings and the crazier tweets and the flip-flopping (sign budget, err veto, umm sign) suggest an unhinging of sorts. Clues point to Mueller cutting too close to the bone for Trump to ignore.

This mega-event tonight with Stormy Daniels figures to add to the instability. Everybody's gonna watch, right?
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Will she flash some titties?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Dammit. I wish these games were on TBS so I don't have to was for the hour delay for 60 Minutes. I wanna drool at Stormys boobs.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:14 pm

I wish you only had 60 minutes left to live...

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:05 pm

The interview will reveal that a Stormy Daniels had sex with Donald Trump 12 years ago, long before he entered public office.

We will also learn that he didn’t pay her for her professional services. Instead, Trump’s lawyer paid her.

This is ground breaking stuff. Epic. Trump will be gone by summer. For sure.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:08 am

John Edwards lost everything based on a whole lot less.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:20 am

screwing around on your wife dying of cancer - yea, I'd say that loses the women vote.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Gary Hart's career was ruined for a consensual affair 30 years ago. Shows you how fast attitudes can change. Which is what I've been saying about gun laws as well...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:38 pm

hedge wrote:Gary Hart's career was ruined for a consensual affair 30 years ago. Shows you how fast attitudes can change. Which is what I've been saying about gun laws as well...
well, and he challenged the press to find him doing something wrong.