Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 am

We now take a momentary pause from Bama football to bring you this histrionic twit rage against an email about Halloween costumes. When did Yale start admitting 9 year olds?

[youtube]9IEFD_JVYd0[/youtube]

We now return you to regularly scheduled programming.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:28 am

But, anyway, whether Bryant is good or bad, angel or devil, is irrelevant. The point was simply that Sam Cunningham is not the agent of social change that is portrayed by some in the media. They took the USC win in 1970 and assumed that the black players who played at Bama in subsequent years were a result of Cunningham having a great game. It's a silly leap for the reasons I detailed above.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:29 am

"And Janerette was the inspiration for Fat Albert!"

Finally, I learn something relevant in here.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:41 am

sardis wrote:"And Janerette was the inspiration for Fat Albert!"

Finally, I learn something relevant in here.
And I learned George Wallace's middle name was "Corley." That was amazing.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:41 am

Did you know Arthur Bremer was a bad shot?
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:45 am

Shut the front door!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:25 pm

If Bremer had been a Southerner, he would have been a good shot.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:57 pm

Something I posted last year:

A report by the Economic Policy Institute shows that CEO compensation at the largest corporations has ballooned by 937 percent since 1978, when adjusted for inflation. A typical workers compensation grew a measely 10.2 percent over the same period.

The average CEO compensation at the 350 publicly owned companies with the largest annual revenue in the U.S. last year was $15.2 million, according to the EPI - a 21.7 percent rise since just 2010.

When adjusted for inflation, the federal minimum wage has declined sharply since the 1960s. If it had kept pace with increases in workplace productivity, the federal minimum wage would be $21.72 an hour -- triple what it is today

So everybody in the GOP debate lineup said no to a minimum wage hike (or hell no, or do away with the minimum wage entirely). Trump said, in response to the MW question, that "wages are too high." And in the second debate Carson was for the possibility of a wage hike, but after listening to his cohorts Tuesday night he apparently decided he didn't want to sit on that limb alone..and announced very softly that he is not for a minimum wage hike.

Anywho. Trickle down, for the most part, is just warm and wet and has a yellow hue.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Matt Lauer has signed a new deal to remain with the "Today" show, the New York Times reported late Thursday.

The multi-year deal was signed for an undisclosed amount, but it's widely believed that Lauer will be making an eye-popping $25 million a year......

While overall salary growth has been slow, the sport’s stars are still cashing in. The NFL’s salary cap system makes determining the highest-paid player a game of definitions to some degree. You can look at the leader in guaranteed money (Colin Kaepernick: $61 million), base salary (Jay Cutler: $17.5 million in 2014), average annual salary (Aaron Rodgers: $22 million), total contract (Cutler: $126.7 million) or endorsements (Peyton Manning: $12 million).
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:13 pm

In July 2014 Forbes listed George Soros as the 27th richest person in the world, the world's richest hedge-fund manager, and number 7 on its list of the 400 wealthiest Americans, with a net worth estimated at $23 billion.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Tick raises a fair point that Establishment Republicans should listen to.

The middle class has been getting screwed for the past 2 decades, under both R and D governments. Their wages have not gone up, but the prices they pay - from food to gas to healthcare - have been going up steadily. The Republican tax cuts have put an extra five dollars a week in their pockets, an extra hundred dollars a week in their bosses' pockets, and an extra million dollars a week in the owners' pockets. Trickle down economics has been great for the wealthy, but it has utterly failed the middle class, and they know it. The Republicans should try some other message if they want to win the flyover country vote.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:03 pm

How much $$ has been taken out of everybody's pocket between 2009-2014 for Dem energy/AGW/kum bah ya strategy???

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:09 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:How much $$ has been taken out of everybody's pocket between 2009-2014 for Dem energy/AGW/kum bah ya strategy???
GODDAMIT BIRDS ARE DYING!!!11!!!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:How much $$ has been taken out of everybody's pocket between 2009-2014 for Dem energy/AGW/kum bah ya strategy???
Slightly more than the R's strategy of helping the Arabs' inner American to come out.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Tick raises a fair point that Establishment Republicans should listen to.

The middle class has been getting screwed for the past 2 decades, under both R and D governments. Their wages have not gone up, but the prices they pay - from food to gas to healthcare - have been going up steadily. The Republican tax cuts have put an extra five dollars a week in their pockets, an extra hundred dollars a week in their bosses' pockets, and an extra million dollars a week in the owners' pockets. Trickle down economics has been great for the wealthy, but it has utterly failed the middle class, and they know it. The Republicans should try some other message if they want to win the flyover country vote.
Pure gold. Thank you, comrade Professor.

Workers of the World Untie!!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:03 pm

So how come income disparity is pretty severe in blue states with higher minimum wage laws like California, New York, and Connecticut?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:43 pm

sardis wrote:So how come income disparity is pretty severe in blue states with higher minimum wage laws like California, New York, and Connecticut?
I'm guessing there's a wage disparity between your own income and the top-earners where you live. Do you think the gap would improve in your favor if you moved to CA or NY?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:20 am

bluetick wrote:
Professor Tiger wrote:Tick raises a fair point that Establishment Republicans should listen to.

Pure gold. Thank you, comrade Professor.

Workers of the World Untie!!
People wonder why so many Republican voters (the plebeian ones anyway) are abandoning the Establishment-approved candidates like Bush, and are flocking to circus clowns instead. That's the biggest reason why.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:09 am

You what else you should have learned. Michael Jordan was the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft the year he was drafted.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:26 am

Zombies or Vampires? Discuss.