Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by 10ac » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Crazed old white dude tackles black saint.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/ ... 73117.html
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Hero resource officer saves lives, disarms phone-wielding terrorist

[youtube]YzugO3x1Q2s[/youtube]
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Why Investors Should Hope a Democrat is the Next President - Moneywatch http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ ... id=U142DHP

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:09 pm

I want a piece of the next round of Democrat stimulus money. "Professor Tiger's Sustainable Green Wind Powered Solar Panel Recycling Corporation." Get a giant research grant, spend a year looking busy, then go bankrupt, keep a few million for myself, but kick some back to the DNC for future business ventures...

Dang, I may vote Democrat for that gig.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:06 am

The FBI Director will soon get a colonoscopy of an IRS audit. If this keeps up, a former secretary will suddenly appear on tv stating Comey once mentioned a pubic hair in his coke.

From https://www.fbi.gov/news/speeches/law-e ... nd-justice
But something much bigger is happening. Most of America’s 50 largest cities have seen an increase in homicides and shootings this year, and many of them have seen a huge increase. These are cities with little in common except being American cities—places like Chicago, Tampa, Minneapolis, Sacramento, Orlando, Cleveland, and Dallas.

In Washington, D.C., we’ve seen an increase in homicides of more than 20% in neighborhoods across the city. Baltimore, a city of 600,000 souls, is averaging more than one homicide a day—a rate higher than that of New York City, which has 13 times the people. Milwaukee’s murder rate has nearly doubled over the past year.

Nobody says it on the record, nobody says it in public, but police and elected officials are quietly saying it to themselves. And they’re saying it to me, and I’m going to say it to you. And it is the one explanation that does explain the calendar and the map and that makes the most sense to me.

Maybe something in policing has changed. In today’s YouTube world, are officers reluctant to get out of their cars and do the work that controls violent crime? Are officers answering 911 calls but avoiding the informal contact that keeps bad guys from standing around, especially with guns?

I spoke to officers privately in one big city precinct who described being surrounded by young people with mobile phone cameras held high, taunting them the moment they get out of their cars. They told me, “We feel like we’re under siege and we don’t feel much like getting out of our cars.” I’ve been told about a senior police leader who urged his force to remember that their political leadership has no tolerance for a viral video.

So the suggestion, the question that has been asked of me, is whether these kinds of things are changing police behavior all over the country. And the answer is, I don’t know. I don’t know whether this explains it entirely, but I do have a strong sense that some part of the explanation is a chill wind blowing through American law enforcement over the last year. And that wind is surely changing behavior.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:06 pm

Prof makes a good point. Cops can't bust heads with impunity like they used to do pre-Rodney King, what with dash cams, body cams, and cellphone cams. What's the point of 'roiding up if you have to reason with the citizenry instead of opening a can of whup-ass on them.

There was a local politician of ours who came up with a brilliant idea for a law recently, and maybe it could be a guide to this current dilemma. He introduced a bill whereby every non-felon-adult in our community had to carry a firearm in public, with the thinking that if everyone is packing heat then we genuinely WOULD have a polite society. And we could save by laying off several LEOs (who were generally never around when you needed one anyway)...and people could thereby handle their own dustups more efficiently and expediantly. Naturally the pussy libs shot him down - the bill went nowhere and he hasn't been heard from since.

But how about borrowing from his idea just slightly...and require everybody to wear a body cam? (Don't leave home without it!) That way, only law-abiding citizens will be out and about. Anybody outside their premises w/o body cam is automatically subject to arrest, so criminals would be inclined to stay home. Which would still leave domestic crime I guess..or whatever calamity befalls an unsuspecting pizza delivery guy. But.. the delivery guy would have his own camera(!)..so it's all good. This almost sounds too common-sensible to be true..

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:29 am

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:40 pm

Those giant premium increases were caused by a youtube video that was offensive to Muslims.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:28 pm

RIP Fred Thompson.
Let 'er Blow!

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Those giant premium increases were caused by a youtube video that was offensive to Muslims.
From the article:

“This is higher than I anticipated early on,” said Adam Linker, health care policy analyst for the N.C. Justice Center in Raleigh. “They are probably raising rates more than they need to be.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/b ... rylink=cpy
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:39 pm

10ac wrote:RIP Fred Thompson.
Cut his teeth investigating Nixon and Watergate, but he was a much better actor than politician, IMO.

RIP Fred.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:43 pm

I saw him on a commercial the other day peddling reverse mortgages and commented that he wasn't looking too good...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:52 pm

He also brought down Gov. Ray Blanton and his pardon scheme.
Let 'er Blow!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:42 pm

We will soon effectively have single payer, or rather something like dual payer. 2 insurance companies that have a quasi monopoly and only "compete" against each other and skim off a hefty profit of what is effectively nationalized single payer health care.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:25 pm

aTm wrote:We will soon effectively have single payer, or rather something like dual payer. 2 insurance companies that have a quasi monopoly and only "compete" against each other and skim off a hefty profit of what is effectively nationalized single payer health care.
That's the best way.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:35 pm

WHY BLACKS ARE STILL PARANOID, VOL. MMCMLV:

Okla. Mayor Apologizes After Husband, Friends Dress Up as KKK, Carry Burning Torches
Lahoma, Okla., Mayor Theresa Sharp publicly apologized after her husband, Cary Sharp, and some of his friends dressed up in white robes and carried burning torches as part of a so-called prank.

The husband of an Oklahoma mayor thought it would just be a hilarious laugh with friends when they donned white sheets to dress up as the Ku Klux Klan, complete with burning torches.

Lahoma, Okla., Mayor Theresa Sharp is now apologizing for her husband, Cary Sharp's, actions, which prompted alarm in their neighborhood, KOCO reports.

"[It] happened on my property. You know, I don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry to the community and I'm sorry to the public," Mayor Sharp told the news station, which noted that the mayor was holding back tears. "It was the stupidity and actions of four separate individuals and it does not reflect on me or anyone else who is in the community."

Cary Sharp said the display, complete with hoods, a cross and bonfire, was just for Halloween.

And although a cross could be seen in the background, according to Fox 17, Cary Sharp insisted that no cross was burned.

"[A] cousin of mine came up with the idea of dressing up like KKK members and so we took a couple of sheets and cut holes in them and wore the sheets, and it was a very, very poor decision," he said.

"I never realized it would have been so harmful," he added. "I truly apologize to everybody for this."

Outraged residents are calling for some action to be taken.

"It's not OK for anybody," one resident, who did not want to be seen on camera, told KOCO. "The mayor needs to take responsibility for what her husband did."

The Garfield County Sheriff's Office said no crime was committed, while acknowledging the costumes were in poor taste. However, the sheriff told the station that the case may be turned over to the district attorney's office for review.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:45 pm

WHY BLACKS ARE STILL PARANOID, VOL. MMCMLVI:
Prominent US Senators and Mayors Outed as Members of the KKK by Anonymous

http://usuncut.com/politics/anonymous-u ... liticians/

Several prominent US Senators and mayors have been outed as members of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) and other racist groups by the hacktivist collective Anonymous, and the group hints that more politicians and public figures will be named in the near future.

In a new post on document-dumping site pastebin, Anonymous names US Senators Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), John Cornyn (R-Tx.), Dan Coats (R-In.) and Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) as members of the KKK. Anonymous also outed several mayors of major US cities, including Madeline Rogero of Knoxville, Tennessee; Jim Gray of Lexington, Kentucky; Paul D. Fraim of Norfolk, Virginia; Kent Guinn of Ocala, Florida; and Tom Henry of Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Thom Tillis, who is listed as a member of the United Northern and Southern Knights of the KKK in Thornton, was North Carolina’s Speaker of the House before being elected to the US Senate in 2014. Tillis was behind the implementation of numerous far-right policies in the Tar Heel State including voter ID laws, public education cuts, restrictions on abortion that were later struck down by federal judges, tax hikes on low-income earners to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy, among others.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 pm

The KKK lets in catholics and gays now? I have a feeling this will not go as planned for Anonymous if this is their real list.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:28 pm

numerous far-right policies in the Tar Heel State including voter ID laws
My God! You can't get any farther right than that. Expecting only citizens to vote and then only once.
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:51 pm

"The KKK lets in catholics and gays now?"

Racial hatred is a big tent bigotry. Kinda like neighborhood bigotry in Manhattan....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.