Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:26 pm

A friend of mine I went to high school with just posted a picture of his new Tesla. I'm not sure what he's doing since he retired from the Air Force but life must be good.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Do any of you play Scrabble on your phones?

If you do, send me a request. Once you download the app, sign up for Origin (it and the app are free) and invite me, hyde6062.

I'm not great, but it's a diversion.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Do any of you play Scrabble on your phones?

If you do, send me a request. Once you download the app, sign up for Origin (it and the app are free) and invite me, hyde6062.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:32 pm

AA is a spambot?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm not sure what you mean. There are scrabble playing spambots?
— Abraham Lincoln

CAT
Sophomore

Post by CAT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 am

Hi darlings, sorry I am not participating much, I am and have been for 2 years, working on a big conference. I am supposed to be co chair but my 'co' is gone 90% of the time, plus he has never done an international conference---or any bloody conference so I have to double check or re-do everything he does! Now I am going to be a big pest (I know, as usual). There is a YouTube video I would love to have on DVD. I tried doing a google search but it left me totally confused. Download it change the format to DVD format I can't remember the format thing flv or something I have never heard of. Can anyone tell me how to do it---remember I am a computer moron, but I would love to have this YouTube on DVD before it disappears . I would really appreciate any help.
I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy and happy. All your kids are growing up. Hopefully playing soccer !!! Well I had to say that! Does deGaulle check in? World Cup play offs coming soon! David Beckham is one of my Facebook 'friends'. He has been sending me pics of his latest underwear ads :shock:
Ok rambling as usual, will say goodnight and reiterate help please on the YouTube to DVD thingy..
I try not to limit my madness to March

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:04 am

CAT wrote:Hi darlings, sorry I am not participating much, I am and have been for 2 years, working on a big conference. I am supposed to be co chair but my 'co' is gone 90% of the time, plus he has never done an international conference---or any bloody conference so I have to double check or re-do everything he does! Now I am going to be a big pest (I know, as usual). There is a YouTube video I would love to have on DVD. I tried doing a google search but it left me totally confused. Download it change the format to DVD format I can't remember the format thing flv or something I have never heard of. Can anyone tell me how to do it---remember I am a computer moron, but I would love to have this YouTube on DVD before it disappears . I would really appreciate any help.
I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy and happy. All your kids are growing up. Hopefully playing soccer !!! Well I had to say that! Does deGaulle check in? World Cup play offs coming soon! David Beckham is one of my Facebook 'friends'. He has been sending me pics of his latest underwear ads :shock:
Ok rambling as usual, will say goodnight and reiterate help please on the YouTube to DVD thingy..
There are other ways to do this but this one is probably the easiest.

Step 1. If you don't have Mozilla Firefox installed, go to Download.com, search for Mozilla Firefox and install Mozilla. While you are there, search for Any Video Converter -download and install the free version of this as well.
Step 2. Open Firefox, go to the Tools pull down menu and choose Add-ons.

Step 3. After you are in the add-ons screen , search for downloadhelper

Step 4. See in the photo above where I have an options button? You should have an install button. I have options because I have already installed downloadhelper in Firefox. Click on the install button. After it finished installing, shut down Firefox and start it up again.
Step 5. Go to Youtube and find the video you want to capture.
Step 6. Start the video in Youtube, then look down in the lower right hand corner of your scree and you will have 3 balls animated and twirling - click on the animated balls. This will open an options pull down menu that shows you what formats you have in downloading the video

Step 7. Choose a format. In some cases you'll only have FLV as a choice, in others you will have MP4. If you have a choice between MP4 and FLV, always choose the highest quality MP4 format you can. If you only have FLV, then download the FLV format. Windows Media Player can play mp4 files, but as now I don't think it can play an FLV file. A free video player (again, download.com) called VLC player can play FLV files.

If you have to download an FLV file, this is where Any Video Converter comes in . You'll need to convert it to a more DVD friendly format if you want to burn it in a DVD format with menus, etc.

and choose where you want the newly converted file to go

Now you have a file that is ready to burn to DVD. If you want it to just be a data file that you can play with Windows Media Player, then you can just burn the file as is (in .mp4 format or the new Mpeg2 format you just converted from FLV) onto a DVD.

If you want it to be a real DVD with menus and the whole 9 yards, then you'll need some video software that burns DVDs. But at any rate , at this point you have the file saved onto your computer so if its taken off Youtube, you still have a local copy of it.

Depending on the version of windows you have, XP and Vista has Windows Movie Maker, Win 7 and 8 have Windows DVD maker

For Win 7 and Win 8 just run the application, choose the file you just downloaded or converted (remember, no FLV) and make sure you have a blank DVD in your DVD burner and have it pointing to the blank DVD

Just clicking next will setup the default menu to play - you can get more creative if you want or you can just click Burn

and it will start burning your DVD

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:29 am

AlabamAlum wrote:Do any of you play Scrabble on your phones?

No takers? Hedge?
— Abraham Lincoln

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:45 am

Is this like WWF?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:50 am

Yes. Scrabble - just like the board game. WWF is a cheap, johnny-come-lately ersatz scrabble.
— Abraham Lincoln

CAT
Sophomore

Post by CAT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Thank you so much eCat----I am still confused although you put it into the simplest steps possible. I get lost when it gets to files and putting things here and there. what do you mean when you say a simple DVD or one with all the bells , I want one I can play on TV not just have on the computer. Can I do it on my laptop as yesterday I had the DVD burner drawer open and knocked it with my knee, it now won't open or close--probably knocked it off it's track or broke it entirely. Pisssed myself off so much for being so stupid I haven't checked it by opening the tower--still too mad at myself! Again thank you me love for taking the time to explain in the steps you did.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:34 pm

"No takers? Hedge?"

I have actually played scrabble on a friend's smart phone, but alas, I don't have one myself. It's actually very fun and you can have multiple games going with different people. If I ever get a smart phone, I'll take you up in the offer...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 pm

CAT wrote:Thank you so much eCat----I am still confused although you put it into the simplest steps possible. I get lost when it gets to files and putting things here and there. what do you mean when you say a simple DVD or one with all the bells , I want one I can play on TV not just have on the computer. Can I do it on my laptop as yesterday I had the DVD burner drawer open and knocked it with my knee, it now won't open or close--probably knocked it off it's track or broke it entirely. Pisssed myself off so much for being so stupid I haven't checked it by opening the tower--still too mad at myself! Again thank you me love for taking the time to explain in the steps you did.

simple DVD - DVD that only a computer can read and you use the computer to play the video file

full DVD - one with menus, etc that can go into virtually any DVD player. If you want one that can play on a TV via a DVD player, then you need to follow all the steps in my post. But without a DVD burner readily available to you, you have limited options unless you can play from your Laptop (via a male to male VGA cable or HDMI output) to the TV. Most new Hi-Def TV's do have a PC VGA connection and if your laptop has video out, you can get a cable for about $20 that can allow you to connect your laptop to the TV.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Hedge,

We're barreling toward 2014 at mach 2 with our hair on fire and with our foot on the gas and we're not looking back.

Time to get one.
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Nope, I'm like the National Review, standing athwart history, yelling "Stop"...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:10 pm

I would have thought that eCat would have learned by now that when a woman asks for help, she basically is asking you to do it for her.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:38 pm

It's not about the nail.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:50 pm

heh
Let 'er Blow!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Cat,

Send me a link to the youtube video. I"ll take care of it.

CAT
Sophomore

Post by CAT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Actually I wasn't asking anyone to do it--just help me--but I am SO right brained as easy as you, eCat did those instructions I was totally lost which is so frustrating as I try so hard. If you have the time, the link is It is all of Adam Lambert's songs on American Idol season 8 I love what he did to Ring of Fire (he definitely is NOT a country singer!!) If you do this eCat I would like to do something nice for you. (calm down guys he has a gorgeous wife!) I paint and draw, am a pretty good cook, bake things like banana nut bread, chocolate zucchini etc or fancy stuff like lavendar shortbread and rose shortbread. If you like wine what kind? I have all kinds of connections in USA and other countries for conferences (I know you have to set them up too) or I would like to have you and your wife have dinner on me--what nice restaurants are near you. You can message me on Facebook. I can't thank you enough as I was trying to go point by point onyour directions but until I get by cd burner fixed--if it can be fixed! and I am still too pissed at myself for being so stupid. Just overloaded at the moment I guess, this conference is in October--will be glad when it's all over. We have people coming from Russia, the Ukraine, Sri Lanka and all have to have a letter of invitation sent to the American Embassy in their country for a 2 week visa! Professional people have to go through all that hassle to come to this country for a meeting and look at all the illegals we are keeping--I can say that because I am legal and went through a 3 year process to immigrate here. See--brain cells are burnt out!!!! Love to all you guys.