hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Music

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:08 am

[youtube]gAYL5H46QnQ[/youtube]
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:47 am

The new Red X.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 am

Suge Knight gets shot 6 times at a party and walks to the ambulance. Dude is legend

Apparently the intended target was Chris Brown and possibly Justin Bieber who was hanging out with Chris Brown in his best white man Pharrell hat.

Talk about a possible win/win for America. Big ass Suge had to get in the way.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:55 pm

I have a standing rule that if Suge Knight shows up to any party that I am, then I IMMEDIATELY leave. That saved me from dealing with Suge's shooting in Miami in 2005...ironically at a pre-VMA party. MTV is not good for him.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:32 am

Did anybody see if it was a thin white boy rolling in a 5.0 that did the shooting?
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:43 am

so Prince loved Dave Chappelle's skit about him so much that he wrote a song called "Breakfast can wait" and instead of himself, he put Dave Chappelle dressed as himself on the cover.

Chappelle was talking about it on The Tonight Show and he said "what am I going to do? Sue Prince for using a picture of me dressed as him? He turned that joke back around on me. Checkmate!"

Just look at the picture though - the song is supposedly "classic" Prince but they forget that Prince also wrote some pure dog shit songs back in the early 80's.

[youtube]Qg8NERylAjE[/youtube]
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:46 am

Bklyn wrote:I have a standing rule that if Suge Knight shows up to any party that I am, then I IMMEDIATELY leave. That saved me from dealing with Suge's shooting in Miami in 2005...ironically at a pre-VMA party. MTV is not good for him.
The surprising part of that story is "wait, Suge Knight wasn't the intended target?"

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:54 am

I heard that, but still find it hard to believe. As far as shooting opportunities go, I don't know if Biebs is ever into anything serious enough to bring about shots fired. Chris Brown, however, is believable...but seriously, Suge was that close to Chris Brown to take that many shots and Chris had zero? C'mon. I'll believe it when the shooter is arrested.

Like I said, Suge has been shot, shot at and assaulted (and done his share of reciprocating) at all manner of industry parties over the last decade, plus. I am going to still pin the intent of the shooter on where the bullets landed.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:59 am

have you ever read that story about him running Death Row Records? He was so hard core he scared Dr. Dre basically into just giving up his shares and when he brought Tupac in things got crazy. I think Snoop Dogg was pretty much in survival mode getting away from those guys as well. I think there was the guy that actually started Death Row and they ran his ass off too - maybe shot him , I can't remember.

Suge had a staff onsite that just crazy thugs - an aspiring rapper would come in and if they didn't like him, they'd beat the shit out of him. That was the price of performing badly at Death Row.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:27 am

Oh, I am a child of that era. I know all the stories from Suge dangling Vanilla Ice off a balcony to get "Ice Ice Baby" royalties, to Harry O (a gangster's gangster) and David Kenner really starting Death Row and Harry going to jail and Suge jipping him. And you're right, Dre did bounce (quickly) from Death Row with basically nothing (because it was crazy there). Actually, Suge and his Bloods came to Dre's house and took all his masters and unreleased material he held there from the Death Row recording sessions. Dre moved out of that house, ultimately. Like he said in "The Watcher" from his classic "Chronic 2001" album (which was released in 1999, but they had to make the name 2001 bc Suge released a horrible "Chronic 2000" album in advance to scoop Dre):

"How would you feel if n*ggas wanted you killed?
You'd probably move to a new house on a new hill.
Get a new spot, if n*ggas wanted you shot
I ain't a thug. How much Tupac in you, you got?"

Dre has never been dumb and he's never been a gangster. He realized it was not a good situation with Suge and the music was not a priority. Good for him.

Snoop ran to New Orleans and a different group of thugs (No Limit with Master P) to get away from Death Row.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:38 am

"and Harry going to jail and Suge jipping him."

I assume you meant "gypped", which is a derogatory reference to gypsies. Gypsist! GYPSIST!!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:40 am

You know, Hitler tried to kill off the gypsies just as much as he did the jews, but since there weren't as many of them, nobody really thinks the extermination of the gypsies was as horrible as that of the jews. So in a way, you could say the gypsies got gypped...

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:44 am

Well done on both posts.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:09 am

I've learned they hate gypsies in France - maybe in other countries, but I saw people going off on gypsies panhandling on the subway there.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:53 pm

So I guess Prince hates the way he looks now that he's old?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:56 pm

I went to a comedy club one time, one of the lines was "Prince is proof that Jimi Hendrix mated with a poodle"...

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:58 pm

aTm wrote:So I guess Prince hates the way he looks now that he's old?
I don't know if Prince looks any different than he did 10 years ago. He's got that Pharrell disease where he only ages in 20 year movements.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Very similar to BRM's bowel movements...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:58 pm

And your posts

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:55 pm

I don't know if Prince looks any different than he did 10 years ago. He's got that Pharrell disease where he only ages in 20 year movements.
What I meant is that unless Prince is now a 20 year old, possibly a woman with a mustache, and I haven't heard about it, then he didn't seem to put himself in either his video or on the cover of that single, but used other people to represent him.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.