Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:00 pm

That's going on.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:22 am

So are teenagers

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Millenials are sexting each other on drones.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:53 pm

You know that because?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Millenials are the first generation in history that have trouble figuring out whether they are dudes or ladies.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Have you ever met Hedge in person?

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:20 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Millenials are the first generation in history that have trouble figuring out whether they are dudes or ladies.
Just b/c you don't approve doesn't mean that people of this generation or any other have had trouble figuring out which gender they identify with...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:36 am

In California--which with a July 2016 population of 39,250,017 is the nation’s most populous state--44.6 percent of the people five years of age and older do not speak English at home, according to data released this week by the Census Bureau.

At the same time, according to the Census Bureau, 18.6 percent of California residents 5 and older do not speak English “very well.”

That ranks California No.1 among the states for the percentage of people in both of these categories.

Nationwide, 21.6 percent speak a language other than English at home and 8.6 percent speak English less than very well.

Texas ranked second for the percentage of residents five and older who do not speak English at home (35.6 percent). New Mexico ranked third (34.5 percent); New Jersey ranked fourth (31.7 percent) and New York ranked fifth (31.0 percent).
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:33 am

What bothers me about mass illegal immigration today is the illegality and uncontrolled nature of it. I’ve got a copy of my and my wife’s grandparents’ ship manifests that brought them to Ellis Island. They arrived legally, were given health exams, and were documented. They were allowed in to serve the national interest of providing needs labor for a then-booming economy. If our economy went into recession or depression, we could turn off the spigot to protect those already here. We knew who they were and that they were here. If they committed a crime and were arrested, they were imprisoned and/or deported, period. Their immigrant status made their stay here more legally tenuous, not less.

I want CONTROLLED borders which legally and intentionally manage the arrival of people here. Not the free for all we have today. The Wall will help greatly.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:10 am

So Mueller was head of the FBI until 2013.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Before the Obama administration approved a controversial deal in 2010 giving Moscow control of a large swath of American uranium, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States, according to government documents and interviews.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

The racketeering scheme was conducted “with the consent of higher level officials” in Russia who “shared the proceeds” from the kickbacks, one agent declared in an affidavit years later.

Rather than bring immediate charges in 2010, however, the Department of Justice (DOJ) continued investigating the matter for nearly four more years, essentially leaving the American public and Congress in the dark about Russian nuclear corruption on U.S. soil during a period when the Obama administration made two major decisions benefiting Putin’s commercial nuclear ambitions.

The first decision occurred in October 2010, when the State Department and government agencies on the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States unanimously approved the partial sale of Canadian mining company Uranium One to the Russian nuclear giant Rosatom, giving Moscow control of more than 20 percent of America’s uranium supply.
-----------------------------------------------------------

So Mueller and Comey both protected Hillary, now both going after Trump.

Trump should fire the assistant AG that recommended Mueller and dump Mueller from this investigation immediately. I can't believe he hasn't done it already.

-----------

From the WSJ

For anyone who cares to look, the real problem here is that the FBI itself is so thoroughly implicated in the Russia meddling story.

The agency, when Mr. Mueller headed it, soft-pedaled an investigation highly embarrassing to Mrs. Clinton as well as the Obama Russia reset policy. More recently, if just one of two things is true—Russia sponsored the Trump Dossier, or Russian fake intelligence prompted Mr. Comey’s email intervention—then Russian operations, via their impact on the FBI, influenced and continue to influence our politics in a way far more consequential than any Facebook ad, the preoccupation of John McCain, who apparently cannot behold a mountain if there’s a molehill anywhere nearby.

Which means that Mr. Mueller has the means, motive and opportunity to obfuscate and distract from matters embarrassing to the FBI, while pleasing a large part of the political spectrum. He need only confine his focus to the flimsy, disingenuous but popular (with the media) accusation that the shambolic Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin.

Mr. Mueller’s tenure may not have bridged the two investigations, but James Comey’s, Rod Rosenstein’s , Andrew Weissmann’s , and Andrew McCabe’s did. Mr. Rosenstein appointed Mr. Mueller as special counsel. Mr. Weissmann now serves on Mr. Mueller’s team. Mr. McCabe remains deputy FBI director. All were involved in the nuclear racketeering matter and the Russia meddling matter.

To put it bluntly, whatever its hip-pocket rationales along the way, the FBI would not have so much to cover up now if it had not helped give us Mrs. Clinton as Democratic nominee and then, in all likelihood, inadvertently helped Mr. Trump to the presidency.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:17 am

Our government at work. The sad thing is that everybody just accepts that this is how government "works." There is no telling what you'd have to use as a multiple to get the real number on how much money is stolen/wasted due to these types of governmental actions...

The Whitefish No-Bid Puerto Rico Contract Stinks

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... act-stinks

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:21 am

Funny thing is, this is the actual real problem with government, i.e., their whole handling of the finances of the nation, from the type of graft in the above article to the inept handling of things that actually matter like social security and medicare. But again, the public allows itself to be distracted from this by issues that seem to be manufactured and promoted for precisely that goal, i.e., their distraction...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 am

Well, it's a start...

Opioid addiction and the most controversial bathroom in New York

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/health/op ... index.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:09 am

hedge wrote:Funny thing is, this is the actual real problem with government, i.e., their whole handling of the finances of the nation, from the type of graft in the above article to the inept handling of things that actually matter like social security and medicare. But again, the public allows itself to be distracted from this by issues that seem to be manufactured and promoted for precisely that goal, i.e., their distraction...

sometimes I think thats about knowing how to rig the system.

We deal with that sort of thing at work - a former employee knows that a contract is about to go up for bid, they'll come in and lowball it without any concern as to whether they can deliver on the SOW, and if they get it, they plan on contracting it out to some even more fly by night group out of India or China, pay for a Project Manager that deals with the headaches and then hope they collect enough money before the contract is terminated for non-performance.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:26 am

I'm not sure Flake or Corker realize this but people are celebrating them not running for re-election - at least people outside their voting disctrict.

People would celebrate Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell not running as well, along with Lindsay Graham, John McCain, Lamar Alexander and probably 20 others I could name if i sat down and thought about it.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Well naturally when the inmates are running the asylum, they're happy when any member of the old staff absconds...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:52 pm

hedge wrote:Well naturally when the inmates are running the asylum, they're happy when any member of the old staff absconds...
you a big fan of established GOP politicians getting re-elected?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:01 pm

hedge wrote:Funny thing is, this is the actual real problem with government, i.e., their whole handling of the finances of the nation, from the type of graft in the above article to the inept handling of things that actually matter like social security and medicare. But again, the public allows itself to be distracted from this by issues that seem to be manufactured and promoted for precisely that goal, i.e., their distraction...
Dang, hedge. Your using negative words like “graft” and “inept” to describe the federal government, and “distractions” to keeping people from noticing it, make you sound like a conservative.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:20 pm

But I didn't mention anything about travel bans on the citizens of Chad or anything about not touching Confederate monuments, which is what passes for conservative talking points these days...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:22 pm

"you a big fan of established GOP politicians getting re-elected?"

I wasn't until Trump got elected, but as I said before, Trump makes George W. Bush look like Lincoln when it comes to leadership, statesmanship and basic presidential bearing...