Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:28 am

without the second amendment there would be no first amendment

I won't even debate that.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:21 am

"What you really want is to rewind our culture back to the 1950s or earlier. You want America to be much whiter, you want brown people gone or quiet, you want gays back in the closet and freely persecuted, and you want less science."

This is what I was talking about the other day. There's no way we're going to go back to those days, much as Prof and his cohorts would like to. The culture has moved past all that and will never go back. Government can't do anything about it even if it wanted to, and although I'm sure there are some (plenty?) in government who would secretly like to, they know they can't. Kids today (for the most part) don't even think twice about gays or race. Once the ilk of Prof's generation dies out (God speed to that), we won't even be talking about this stuff. Prof's and Toe's and people like them, their kids hate them, certainly their grandkids do, or at the very least feel sorry for them and shake their heads at their stupidity. They are basically the same as George Wallace supporters in the 1960's, they had a platform back then, but are regarded now and forever as reactionary fools. This is Prof/Toe/10ac's fate as well. Of course they don't care, but nobody cares about them, either...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 am

I use that line from the Soprano's around the house (or I used to, the kids are old enough to call bullshit on it now) all the time.

It may be 2010 out there, but in here its 1955.

And I was born in 66!
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:21 am

hedge wrote:"What you really want is to rewind our culture back to the 1950s or earlier. You want America to be much whiter, you want brown people gone or quiet, you want gays back in the closet and freely persecuted, and you want less science."

This is what I was talking about the other day. There's no way we're going to go back to those days, much as Prof and his cohorts would like to. The culture has moved past all that and will never go back. Government can't do anything about it even if it wanted to, and although I'm sure there are some (plenty?) in government who would secretly like to, they know they can't. Kids today (for the most part) don't even think twice about gays or race. Once the ilk of Prof's generation dies out (God speed to that), we won't even be talking about this stuff. Prof's and Toe's and people like them, their kids hate them, certainly their grandkids do, or at the very least feel sorry for them and shake their heads at their stupidity. They are basically the same as George Wallace supporters in the 1960's, they had a platform back then, but are regarded now and forever as reactionary fools. This is Prof/Toe/10ac's fate as well. Of course they don't care, but nobody cares about them, either...

Exhibit 1A of a msm trained useful idiot.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:52 am

The MSM is merely another example of cultural liberalism's victory. Fox News had it's day, but Beck jumped ship along with half the other blond bimbos (plus the one that Trump hated who wasn't a bimbo) due to the sexual harassment of Bill O'Reilly, who left in shame b/c of it. Hannity is a certified loon whose head is going to explode when Trump is gone. The only other "outlets" for your culture of idiocy is shit like Breitbart and other even less reputable (if that's possible) websites. Rush Limbaugh is a opioid addict whale who'll be dead soon and nobody cares about him anymore anyway. It was a good 20 year run for you, but the glory days are long gone and you're running on fumes now. Liberalism continues to triumph, despite some obvious setbacks, but that's all they are, setbacks. You can't turn the tide of history...

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:53 pm

"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:08 pm

not reading the article but from the link, sounds like he doesn't like Alex Jones stealing his audience

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:10 pm

hedge wrote:The MSM is merely another example of cultural liberalism's victory. Fox News had it's day, but Beck jumped ship along with half the other blond bimbos (plus the one that Trump hated who wasn't a bimbo) due to the sexual harassment of Bill O'Reilly, who left in shame b/c of it. Hannity is a certified loon whose head is going to explode when Trump is gone. The only other "outlets" for your culture of idiocy is shit like Breitbart and other even less reputable (if that's possible) websites. Rush Limbaugh is a opioid addict whale who'll be dead soon and nobody cares about him anymore anyway. It was a good 20 year run for you, but the glory days are long gone and you're running on fumes now. Liberalism continues to triumph, despite some obvious setbacks, but that's all they are, setbacks. You can't turn the tide of history...

Stay the course, one day maybe you will be Secretary of Collusion, Racism and Landslides.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Here is a famous building that must be torn down immediately:

It has the same name as a famous Confederate general:

It is shocking that, here in the 21st century, a building with a racist name like "Stonewall" is still standing. It pays homage to slavery, so it must go, NOW!
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:31 pm

eCat wrote:without the second amendment there would be no first amendment

This is a piece of American mythology that I don't think stands up to scrutiny. There are plenty of Western societies that have essentially the same freedoms we do and they manage to hold them without millions of yahoos armed to the teeth. I really don't think Americans are that different.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Cletus wrote:

This is a piece of American mythology that I don't think stands up to scrutiny. There are plenty of Western societies that have essentially the same freedoms we do and they manage to hold them without millions of yahoos armed to the teeth. I really don't think Americans are that different.
our country and our freedoms were founded by the barrel of the gun. Since our founding we've seldom gone a decade without spilling blood in the name of freedom. You're not in touch with reality.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:17 pm

I agree that we've spilled a lot of blood...

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 pm

eCat wrote:
Cletus wrote:

our country and our freedoms were founded by the barrel of the gun. Since our founding we've seldom gone a decade without spilling blood in the name of freedom. You're not in touch with reality.
It is true we've fought in a lot of wars. However, very few of them and none since the Civil War have had anything to do with protecting American freedoms. But, regardless of the reason we are always abroad fighting, the second amendment has no bearing on the ability to fight or the outcome. It's a relic of a very distant time and ought to go.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:44 pm

it will never go

ever

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 pm

No, it probably won't and that's unfortunate.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Don't you just hate long goodbyes?

10ac
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 pm

lol
Let 'er Blow!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:24 am

This is the second one of these that organized the alt right rallies.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/2017 ... rom=global

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
It has the same name as a famous Confederate general:

It is shocking that, here in the 21st century, a building with a racist name like "Stonewall" is still standing. It pays homage to slavery, so it must go, NOW!
Once again. Your hotel example..is not tax-payer funded. Make your own paean to Old Stonewall...put it alongside your mega
manger scene.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:09 am

The 2nd A has nothing to do w/wars or law enforcement, it's all about gov't/prez/tyrants getting too big for their britches. The founders knew the odds of losing "freedom" was most likely to come from within. So it IS relevant and proves the founders prescient.