Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:59 am

That's the best argument for single payer.

There is an other consideration, however. The constant improvement in the effectiveness of drugs and treatments used in Canada and Luxembourg were created by US pharmaceutical and medical equipment companies. And the reason those companies exist and make their new drugs and machines is because they could profit from them. That's the only why we have things like CAT scans, PET scans, proton radiation treatments for cancer, antibiotics that keep us one step ahead of new resistant strains of bacteria, etc. Those advancements by American ingenuity are used here and all over the world.

If we go to single payer here, there will be no more profit, therefore no more advancements in pharmaceuticals and medical technology. We will sorely miss them, and so will the world whose single payer medical systems could never produce them on their own.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:07 am

I'm a little skeptical that every medical and pharmaceutical advance that the world enjoys today came out of America...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 am

As for N. Korea, I'm a little disappointed that we can't figure out a way to hack their computers and launch a missile towards China. That would effectively shut down Fat Boy and N. Korea would immediately become part of China. The problem with that, though, is that N. Korea may already be a part of China, or at best just a front and complete puppet for China fucking around with the rest of the world, so that if one of "North Korea's" missiles was launched toward China, they would immediately know they were hacked by us. Maybe we could aim the N. Korean missile at Russia and let them deal with each other. My understanding is that China and Russia aren't the best of buddies anyway. Evidently we don't have the technology to do this, though...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:34 am

That would be cool, but is apparently beyond our capabilities.

What do you want Trump to do about NK that IS within our capabilities?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:11 am

hedge wrote:As for N. Korea, I'm a little disappointed that we can't figure out a way to hack their computers and launch a missile towards China.

If Dan Akroyd and Chevy Chase can do it......
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 am

"What do you want Trump to do about NK that IS within our capabilities?"

Well, you're the one touting "American ingenuity" as the sole creator of every medical and pharma advance in modern civilization, seems like we could do something with computer technology that would throw a kink in N. Korea's ability to do almost anything, from military capabilities to financial transactions. The problem with the latter, of course, is that Fat Boy already has the population living in the dark ages, I doubt any tourniquet on their banking system would make a huge difference to population at large, but it could put a crimp in Fat Boy's style (maybe?). Anyway, that's the route I'd explore, and I would think it's likely that we're already doing that. Of course, they've likely got China behind them, so it's hard to outwit and out-tech those crafty Chinese...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 am

hedge wrote:"What do you want Trump to do about NK that IS within our capabilities?"

Well, you're the one touting "American ingenuity" as the sole creator of every medical and pharma advance in modern civilization, seems like we could do something with computer technology that would throw a kink in N. Korea's ability to do almost anything, from military capabilities to financial transactions. The problem with the latter, of course, is that Fat Boy already has the population living in the dark ages, I doubt any tourniquet on their banking system would make a huge difference to population at large, but it could put a crimp in Fat Boy's style (maybe?). Anyway, that's the route I'd explore, and I would think it's likely that we're already doing that. Of course, they've likely got China behind them, so it's hard to outwit and out-tech those crafty Chinese...
So what I hear you saying is... "I wish we could mess with their computers, but we don't seem to be able to, and it probably wouldn't work anyway, so that's it."

Okay. At least you answered the question. Thank you.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:11 am

I do like the idea of a missile going off course and landing in China

maybe a nuclear accident that blows nuclear fallout onto the Chinese border/coastline?

Baby Huey wouldn't be around much longer after that.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 am

"So what I hear you saying is..."

In that case, you need a hearing aid. At any rate, at least I've offered something. What's your plan?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:51 am

I seriously hope there is no one with any sort of real influence that thinks that firing a missile on China (through whatever convoluted scheme) is actually a good idea for us.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:32 pm

aTm wrote:I seriously hope there is no one with any sort of real influence that thinks that firing a missile on China (through whatever convoluted scheme) is actually a good idea for us.
The problem is that there is a non-zero chance that Trump will read this and decide it's a good idea.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Well, I guess there is a chance that he does post here...

http://goatpen.net/forums/viewtopic.php ... 72#p150672
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:48 pm

hedge wrote:At any rate, at least I've offered something. What's your plan?
Start with the following: I want Trump to address the nation and the world from the Oval Office and say:

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I will get right to the point:

The Obese Child running North Korea says he will launch four missiles at Guam. If he does that, we will shoot all four of them down. For that matter, we will shoot down all your future missile launch tests. Furthermore, Guam is a territory of the United States. Any missile launched anywhere near Guam by the Fat Boy running North Korea will be regarded as an attack on the United States. And I will order a full response against the Porky Teenager who ordered that launch, with all the weapons at my disposal.

I am ordering the US military to DEFCON 2 worldwide.

I am ordering all dependents of US military and diplomatic personnel in South Korea and Japan to evacuate to the US mainland, beginning immediately. I am recommending that the South Korean president evacuate Seoul.

I have ordered all the B-2 bombers at Whiteman Air Force Base to deploy to bases in the Western Pacific. I have also ordered three carrier battle groups to assemble off the coast of North Korea, prepared to conduct operations on a moment's notice.

I have ordered Seal Team Six and Delta force into position to infiltrate North Korea to assassinate Fatso-in-Chief, his political leadership, all his generals, and all their families.

I have directed the CIA and NSA to prepare to disable all internet and electricity grids in North Korea, which will take about five minutes for your stone age country.

In closing, I would like to address Kim Jong Un directly. Listen up, you pre-pubescent tub of lard: you are used to dealing with weak, incompetent, and feckless US Presidents. I am not one of them. if you want a war with the United States, launch your missiles anywhere near Guam or any US soil and you shall have one. If you want to go nuclear, I will put on an anti-radiation suit, unzip the fly, and personally piss on the smoking crater where your molecules were scattered.

ESAD, MFer.

Good night.

That would be a good start.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:20 pm

aTm wrote:I seriously hope there is no one with any sort of real influence that thinks that firing a missile on China (through whatever convoluted scheme) is actually a good idea for us.
Not us, North Korea!

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
hedge wrote:At any rate, at least I've offered something. What's your plan?
Start with the following: I want Trump to address the nation and the world from the Oval Office and say:

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I will get right to the point:

The Obese Child running North Korea says he will launch four missiles at Guam. If he does that, we will shoot all four of them down. For that matter, we will shoot down all your future missile launch tests. Furthermore, Guam is a territory of the United States. Any missile launched anywhere near Guam by the Fat Boy running North Korea will be regarded as an attack on the United States. And I will order a full response against the Porky Teenager who ordered that launch, with all the weapons at my disposal.

I am ordering the US military to DEFCON 2 worldwide.

I am ordering all dependents of US military and diplomatic personnel in South Korea and Japan to evacuate to the US mainland, beginning immediately. I am recommending that the South Korean president evacuate Seoul.

I have ordered all the B-2 bombers at Whiteman Air Force Base to deploy to bases in the Western Pacific. I have also ordered three carrier battle groups to assemble off the coast of North Korea, prepared to conduct operations on a moment's notice.

I have ordered Seal Team Six and Delta force into position to infiltrate North Korea to assassinate Fatso-in-Chief, his political leadership, all his generals, and all their families.

I have directed the CIA and NSA to prepare to disable all internet and electricity grids in North Korea, which will take about five minutes for your stone age country.

In closing, I would like to address Kim Jong Un directly. Listen up, you pre-pubescent tub of lard: you are used to dealing with weak, incompetent, and feckless US Presidents. I am not one of them. if you want a war with the United States, launch your missiles anywhere near Guam or any US soil and you shall have one. If you want to go nuclear, I will put on an anti-radiation suit, unzip the fly, and personally piss on the smoking crater where your molecules were scattered.

ESAD, MFer.

Good night.

That would be a good start.
Hear, hear!
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:50 pm

U.S. Judge Deals Death Blow to GOP Sanctuary Cities Law
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-jud ... id=U142DHP

The way things are going for this administration, if we do fire missiles at NK we'll probably miss. Sad. #notwinning
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 pm

The Nation magazine, possibly the most Leftist magazine in America, admits that one of the Ten Commandments of the Trump-Russia conspiracy theory - that Russia hacked the DNC - is laughable:
A New Report Raises Big Questions About Last Year’s DNC Hack

Former NSA experts say it wasn’t a hack at all, but a leak—an inside job by someone with access to the DNC’s system.
By Patrick Lawrence

It is now a year since the Democratic National Committee’s mail system was compromised—a year since events in the spring and early summer of 2016 were identified as remote hacks and, in short order, attributed to Russians acting in behalf of Donald Trump. A great edifice has been erected during this time. President Trump, members of his family, and numerous people around him stand accused of various corruptions and extensive collusion with Russians. Half a dozen simultaneous investigations proceed into these matters. Last week news broke that Special Counsel Robert Mueller had convened a grand jury, which issued its first subpoenas on August 3. Allegations of treason are common; prominent political figures and many media cultivate a case for impeachment.

Qualified experts working independently of one another began to examine the DNC case immediately after the July 2016 events. Prominent among these is a group comprising former intelligence officers, almost all of whom previously occupied senior positions. Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS), founded in 2003, now has 30 members, including a few associates with backgrounds in national-security fields other than intelligence.

By any balanced reckoning, the official case purporting to assign a systematic hacking effort to Russia, the events of mid-June and July 5 last year being the foundation of this case, is shabby to the point taxpayers should ask for their money back. The Intelligence Community Assessment, the supposedly definitive report featuring the “high confidence” dodge, was greeted as farcically flimsy when issued January 6. Ray McGovern calls it a disgrace to the intelligence profession. It is spotlessly free of evidence, front to back, pertaining to any events in which Russia is implicated. James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence, admitted in May that “hand-picked” analysts from three agencies (not the 17 previously reported) drafted the ICA.

Behind the ICA lie other indefensible realities. The FBI has never examined the DNC’s computer servers—an omission that is beyond preposterous. It has instead relied on the reports produced by Crowdstrike, a firm that drips with conflicting interests well beyond the fact that it is in the DNC’s employ. Dmitri Alperovitch, its co-founder and chief technology officer, is on the record as vigorously anti-Russian. He is a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, which suffers the same prejudice. Problems such as this are many.

All those interviewed came in between 90 percent and 100 percent certain that the forensics prove out. I have already quoted Skip Folden’s answer: impossible based on the data. “The laws of physics don’t lie,” Ray McGovern volunteered at one point. “It’s QED, theorem demonstrated,” William Binney said in response to my question. “There’s no evidence out there to get me to change my mind.” When I asked Edward Loomis, a 90 percent man, about the 10 percent he held out, he replied, “I’ve looked at the work and it shows there was no Russian hack. But I didn’t do the work. That’s the 10 percent. I’m a scientist.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-new ... -dnc-hack/
For committing this unspeakable blasphemy, the author of this article had better hire a robust security detail, lest he wind up like Seth Rich.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:13 pm

I frequently disagree with Sam Harris, but he hits the nail on the head here about the frightening problems with Trump's personality. This is from last year during the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yBGE80covk
Big booty hoes.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 am

You are very easily frightened. BOO! Now, give me your lunch money.

Speaking of hitting the nail on the head...
Korea and the Democrats' Deep Psychological Fear that Trump Is Right

One of the unspoken 'indications' in the medical sense of the ever-metastasizing Trump Derangement Syndrome is that the sufferers have a deep conscious/unconscious fear that Trump is right. What if the man they have excoriated unremittingly as a barbarian-racist-xenophobe-homophobe -misogynist-nitwit turns out to have been on the correct side of a fair number of issues on which they have failed, sometimes miserably, for decades?

This although almost any grown-up not comatose knows that "diplomatic" language has been employed by the U.S. ad nauseam for that purpose for the last twenty-five years through three administrations with no discernible impact whatsoever. Indeed, "abject failure" would be an accurate characterization of our diplomatic policy vis-a-vis the NORKS.

And yet it's the "blusterous" Trump who is supposed to be the problem. Actually, he's the one left to pick up the pieces of an American reputation in tatters.

What has been revealed, however, is the psychology of those attacking Trump on this matter. They fear that they will be revealed as having been fools for the last twenty-five years — and indeed they were.

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2017/08 ... -is-right/

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 am

Are you aware it's been shown that people who regularly watch Fox News know less about politics than people who don't watch any news at all?
Big booty hoes.