Florida State Seminoles

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by bluetick » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:52 am

And even being on a group health plan as an older American is a dicey proposition anymore.

In virtually every industry, at virtually every level of the income ladder, employees are explicitly seeking to move people off the payroll as they age into their 50s. Which means more of those Americans must buy insurance on the market the Republicans are currently trying to remake.

After the financial crisis, the big autoworkers worked out two-tier wage systems with unions which protected existing wages and benefits for older workers while allowing them to add new people to the payroll at lower rates and with less extravagant promises. So, of course, these large employers have lots of incentives to hasten the retirement of older workers.

Earlier this year, Fidelity Investments offered voluntary buyout packages to employees over the age of 55. In April, Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston offered buyouts to employees over the age of 60. Last year the Museum of Modern Art in New York offered buyouts to, you guessed it, employees over the age of 55. In education, some states are trying to get rid of tenure
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 am

90% get there insurance through their work and or govenement

the 10 percent using Obama care 70 percent of those are subsidized leaving 30 % of those actually using obamacare to pay the full premiums--you must be part of that 30%

ive said it before say it again

until we curb costs on those in the population who do nothing but sap up resources in their last 6 months of life pursuing high cost medical care that really has little effect on the overall outcome--that's what the drives up the costs.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:15 am

crashcourse wrote:
until we curb costs on those in the population who do nothing but sap up resources in their last 6 months of life pursuing high cost medical care that really has little effect on the overall outcome--that's what the drives up the costs.
You're not wrong on this point and we've sided on it before. https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelbel ... 081f2528d7

Of course you remember who led the cries of "death panels," right?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
whenever a liberal makes a snide remark about science or religion to a conservative, its good to remind them they have no concept whatsoever of basic economic principles.
So true. Very few Democrat politicians have ever had a private sector job in their entire lives. The free market is a concept that is as alien and disturbing to them as God.
So sayeth the career government employee living off of two government pensions...

Prof: hello!

I understand basic economic principals and help manage a small business. I also understand that the trickle down bullshit espoused by the right is limited and in its current form has resulted in massive costs incurred by the lower and middle classes that will be borne by taxpayers in the long run. I would much rather pay a little more now than a lot more later.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:20 am

Did I call this...
Professor Tiger wrote:Two weeks from now, Trump's approval ratings will remain the same: 40% nationwide, 80%-ish among Republicans, Trump will still be President, and the Junior-Russsian adoption lawyer meeting thing will be just another...

[youtube]K8zzimrIN-s[/youtube]
...or what?
Recent Wall Street Journal/NBC News polling gives the president a 40% job-approval rating among all voters, while 55% disapprove. In counties Mr. Trump won last year, however, voters still back him by 50% to 46%. Similar results come from a Washington Post/ABC News survey released Sunday, which found that the president’s approval rating had slid to 36% from 42% in April, while his disapproval rating had climbed five points to 58%. Yet among Republican voters over the same period, Mr. Trump’s favorability has barely budged and remains above 80%.

Moreover, these polling results reflect voter sentiment since news broke that Donald Trump Jr. met during the campaign with a Russian lawyer who claimed to have dirt on Hillary Clinton —the latest development in the Kremlin “collusion” narrative that has saturated cable news for months. According to the Post/ABC poll, 41% of all voters believe that the Trump campaign helped Russia try to influence the election, but that belief is shared by fewer than 1 in 10 Republican voters. The average Trump supporter’s concern about Russia roughly matches his concern about the president’s unreleased tax returns or witching-hour tweets.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-presid ... 1500419237

So Trump is no closer to impeachment now than he was before. In other words, MeetingGate was just another in a long line of...

[youtube]J1LV6Fsd2HM[/youtube]
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:24 am

Please note that I said Democrat "politicians" have never held a private sector job in their lives, not all Democrats. The latter are where all the donations come from.
So sayeth the career government employee living off of two government pensions...

My previous private sector jobs included a Baskin-Robins dipper, newspaper deliverer, swimming pool cleaner, lawn mower, marble bathroom fixture maker, and church pastor.
I also understand that the trickle down bullshit espoused by the right is limited and in its current form has resulted in massive costs incurred by the lower and middle classes
I agree there.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:37 pm

the Junior-Russian adoption lawyer meeting
LOL Yeah, that's what you called it, alright. Before Junior released the emails. And other participants came to light. Intelligence officers, money-launderers...just the kind of adoption advocates you'd expect in attendance.

Give up.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Cletus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:44 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Please note that I said Democrat "politicians" have never held a private sector job in their lives, not all Democrats. The latter are where all the donations come from.

My previous private sector jobs included a Baskin-Robins dipper, newspaper deliverer, swimming pool cleaner, lawn mower, marble bathroom fixture maker, and church pastor.
So a bunch of teenage summer jobs and another complete waste of time that could barely be called a job and, in any event, is largely subsidized by the government. Yeah, you're a real expert in this topic.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:50 pm

"My previous private sector jobs included a Baskin-Robins dipper, newspaper deliverer, swimming pool cleaner, lawn mower, marble bathroom fixture maker, and church pastor."

I hope eCat didn't see that...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Parole Could be in Jeopardy After OJ Simpson Caught Masturbating in Cell - Lawnewz.com

No matter what, OJ gets off.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Cletus, you are displaying the typical liberal disgust for honest work and those who perform it. Those jobs got me through high school, college and seminary. There were zero government subsidies. I guess I could have done the liberal thing and just gone on welfare and made myself a victim and demand reparations from somebody.

Democrats used to champion people who did such work. And now your post is a perfect example why those people now hate Democrats who feel just like you do: arrogant, elitist and condescending. You and your ilk are why they voted for Trump.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:42 pm

"Those jobs got me through high school, college and seminary. There were zero government subsidies."

I thought you were an Army pastor. That's 100% government subsidy...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:56 pm

To qualify for being an Army chaplain, you first have to serve as a pastor for at least one year. I made $1k per month back then with no benefits. We survived on my wife's job as a secretary.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:00 pm

bluetick wrote:Parole Could be in Jeopardy After OJ Simpson Caught Masturbating in Cell - Lawnewz.com

No matter what, OJ gets off.
LMAO. Post of the day.

Now OJ can follow through on his pledge to spend the rest of his life finding Nicole's real killer.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:26 pm

its against the rules to masturbate in your cell?

holy hell...that's just being human
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Cletus, you are displaying the typical liberal disgust for honest work and those who perform it. Those jobs got me through high school, college and seminary. There were zero government subsidies. I guess I could have done the liberal thing and just gone on welfare and made myself a victim and demand reparations from somebody.

Democrats used to champion people who did such work. And now your post is a perfect example why those people now hate Democrats who feel just like you do: arrogant, elitist and condescending. You and your ilk are why they voted for Trump.
No subsidy? Your church paid taxes? Organized religion is just a massive welfare program.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:45 pm

With most legislators, if there's one urge more powerful than their faux morality, it's their greed. Marijuana will be legal everywhere 20 years from now, if not sooner...

Colorado Hits Another Cannabis Milestone With Half A Billion In Sales

https://www.forbes.com/sites/debraborch ... 1559226d63

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:02 pm

It’s not against the rules to masturbate, but it could be considered a disciplinary violation if it was viewed to be sexual harassment. For instance, if someone did masturbate in his cell, and it was believed that it was intentionally done in front of a female officer, that could be an issue.

O.J.’s parole hearing will take place Thursday at 1:00 pm ET/10:00 PT, and will be streaming live on the LawNewz Network.

From the story, OJ was caught rubbing one out by a female corrections officer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arole.html

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Cletus wrote:
Professor Tiger wrote:Cletus, you are displaying the typical liberal disgust for honest work and those who perform it. Those jobs got me through high school, college and seminary. There were zero government subsidies. I guess I could have done the liberal thing and just gone on welfare and made myself a victim and demand reparations from somebody.

No subsidy? Your church paid taxes? Organized religion is just a massive welfare program.
Ah yes, the common liberal hatred of Christians. Another reason why so many normal people don't like democrats anymore and voted for Trump instead. Cletus, would you consider yourself open-minded, tolerant, pluralistic and inclusive? Do you have the same hatred for Muslims and black Christians?

Here is a list of all the types of groups that qualify for tax exemptions. Other than the religious ones, which ones do you hate?
According to the IRS Publication 557, in the Organization Reference Chart section, the following is an exact list of 501(c) organization types and their corresponding descriptions.[1][a]

501(c)(1) – Corporations Organized Under Act of Congress (including Federal Credit Unions)
501(c)(2) – Title-holding Corporation for Exempt Organization[3]
501(c)(3) – Religious, Educational, Charitable, Scientific, Literary, Testing for Public Safety, to Foster National or International Amateur Sports Competition, or Prevention of Cruelty to Children or Animals Organizations
501(c)(4) – Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations, and Local Associations of Employees
501(c)(5) – Labor, Agricultural and Horticultural Organizations
501(c)(6) – Business Leagues, Chambers of Commerce, Real Estate Boards, etc.
501(c)(7) – Social and Recreational Clubs
501(c)(8) – Fraternal Beneficiary Societies and Associations
501(c)(9) – Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Associations
501(c)(10) – Domestic Fraternal Societies and Associations
501(c)(11) – Teachers' Retirement Fund Associations
501(c)(12) – Benevolent Life Insurance Associations, Mutual Ditch or Irrigation Companies, Mutual or Cooperative Telephone Companies, etc.
501(c)(13) – Cemetery Companies
501(c)(14) – State-Chartered Credit Unions, Mutual Reserve Funds
501(c)(15) – Mutual Insurance Companies or Associations
501(c)(16) – Cooperative Organizations to Finance Crop Operations
501(c)(17) – Supplemental Unemployment Benefit Trusts
501(c)(18) – Employee Funded Pension Trust (created before June 25, 1959)
501(c)(19) – Post or Organization of Past or Present Members of the Armed Forces
501(c)(20) – Group Legal Services Plan Organizations
501(c)(21) – Black Lung Benefit Trusts
501(c)(22) – Withdrawal Liability Payment Fund
501(c)(23) – Veterans Organization[c]
501(c)(24) – Section 4049 ERISA Trusts[d]
501(c)(25) – Title Holding Corporations or Trusts with Multiple Parents
501(c)(26) – State-Sponsored Organization Providing Health Coverage for High-Risk Individuals
501(c)(27) – State-Sponsored Workers' Compensation Reinsurance Organization
501(c)(28) – National Railroad Retirement Investment Trust
501(c)(29) – Qualified Nonprofit Health Insurance Issuers[e]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)_organization

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:18 pm

bluetick wrote:It’s not against the rules to masturbate, but it could be considered a disciplinary violation if it was viewed to be sexual harassment. For instance, if someone did masturbate in his cell, and it was believed that it was intentionally done in front of a female officer, that could be an issue.

O.J.’s parole hearing will take place Thursday at 1:00 pm ET/10:00 PT, and will be streaming live on the LawNewz Network.

From the story, OJ was caught rubbing one out by a female corrections officer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arole.html
Can't a brother have a love life?