Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Toemeesleather
Senior

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Florida's streak without a land-falling hurricane continued, as the state stands at more than nine years (or more than 3,300 days) without experiencing the direct impact of a tropical cyclone with maximum sustained winds of 74 mph or higher. Though the state felt some effects from Tropical Storm Arthur as it first developed, Florida was never seriously threatened this season.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by billy bob bocephus » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:15 pm

more proof of climate change

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:15 pm

pfft...global warming. Buncha junk science.

So your grandkids will never see a polar bear.....hey, I never saw a dinosaur.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:36 pm

bluetick wrote:Hope he lives to spend it. Running around in circles waiting for somebody to get open...just makes those big uglies mad and more prone to violence when they catch him.
That used to be true. But nowadays, the rules only allow big uglies to wave their arms around and make distracting noises. Violence is now discouraged, particularly as applied to highly paid pretty boy QB's.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Some good news:

U.S. Sees Highest Black Friday Gun Sales in Recorded History

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-see ... ar-BBgcQj7
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:38 am

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-dism ... ge-2014-11

Ted Cruze needs to put on his lederhosen and fly to Austria und set these people straight, mach schnell.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:42 am

Don't know how I feel about http://racistsgettingfired.tumblr.com/archive

Apparently, they find your racially offensive posts on Social Media and then report them to your employer. They then encourage others to report them to your employer, who then fires you,

I love the irony, but unless the person's postings have a direct connection to their job (i.e, they are posting while on the clock, post pics wearing company gear or make references to the gig online ["no Jungle Bunnies allowed at the Amarillo Hooters"], etc., this may be excessive.
Last edited by Johnette's Daddy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:49 am

I wonder if it would be workable to have a legal name that you use in your career that is totally different from what everyone who really knows you uses.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:03 pm

aTm wrote:I wonder if it would be workable to have a legal name that you use in your career that is totally different from what everyone who really knows you uses.
Maybe. My wife is an HR Director and as part of the interview process she demands access to candidates' Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media accounts, then she and her assistant actually go through them. Further, if you're hired, they periodically monitor your social media for stuff that is contrary to the company's values. Their stance is they explain the policy to you coming in and if you don't like it, don't work there.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:28 pm

"I don't do social media."
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:54 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:"I don't do social media."
They've heard that before. She Googles you, etc., before she calls you for the interview, plus it's on the application, so if you claim you're not on it and they find out, you're not hired/(or fired if they find out after) for lying on your application.
Last edited by Johnette's Daddy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Go Joe, bout time!!!

"There are so many great people to embrace as heroes in the black community that deciding you're going to embrace a guy who knocked over a convenience store, and then according to grand jury testimony, acted in ways that would get my children shot … that's your hero? That's the reason you want to burn down black businesses?" Scarborough asked.

Scarborough also called out some of his show's guests for agreeing with him privately but refusing to express their views on air.

"You know what pisses me off too is I have people around this set all the time. They let me say what I say on set and they sit and stare at me, slack-jawed," he said. "They're afraid to say anything on the air, even though they know it's BS. People [are] saying one thing when the camera's on and then saying something completely different when the camera gets turned off, because they're somehow afraid they'll be called racist if they tell the truth."

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:40 pm

If the Brown kid had been shot dead while he was wrestling with Wilson through the car window there would be no issue. But once the kid had retreated, wounded, 45 feet from the car...unarmed...the hail of bullets after the struggle is hard to justify. Not impossible,maybe - but hard. You can get a grand jury indictment on a ham sandwich, the saying goes, but not in this situation?

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:05 pm

bluetick wrote:If the Brown kid had been shot dead while he was wrestling with Wilson through the car window there would be no issue. But once the kid had retreated, wounded, 45 feet from the car...unarmed...the hail of bullets after the struggle is hard to justify. Not impossible,maybe - but hard. You can get a grand jury indictment on a ham sandwich, the saying goes, but not in this situation?
Maybe if Ferguson PD had dusted Wilson's gun to get Brown's prints? Oh, wait. They didn't get Wilson's gun until later, after he cleaned it . . .

The interesting thing is how Wilson's un-cross-examined testimony is taken as gospel. Cops are just as unreliable as everyone else as eyewitnesses. They released the audio of the rookie cop in South Carolina who shot the guy who was complying by getting his wallet out of the car and the cop's audio statement is LIGHT YEARS away from what the video shows. The only thing that the cop said that matched the video was that the guy had his wallet in his hand.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:11 pm

I'm friends with AA on Facebook.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:48 pm

You'd have to think cop-cams would be good for everybody. The good cops will be vindicated, the bad ones will be shown the door.

Last year Knoxville PD descended on a scrawny homeless guy with a foul mouth and they beat the ever-loving crap out of him (broken ribs, punctured lung, huge medical bills). 6 cruisers were pointed so that nothing incriminating showed up on dash cam...but the person who originally made the 911 disturbance call became the witness against the arresting officers. Three were convicted of felonies and three others were suspended without pay. The city paid the old guy 200k.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:46 am

Not the easiest way to earn $200K, but far from the most difficult. Some people sell their souls for far less than that. This guy only had to give a couple of ribs and a lung...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:53 am

You can get a grand jury indictment on a ham sandwich..

w/this admin's long/strong arm (and the msm sycophants) on your shoulder......hardly.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Charles Barkley....or Al Sharpton, you decide.

"The true story came out from the grand jury testimony," Barkley said, adding that he was made aware of "key forensic evidence, and several black witnesses that supported Officer Darren Wilson’s story..." He continued, "I can’t believe anything I hear on television anymore. And, that’s why I don’t like talking about race issues with the media anymore, because they (the media) love this stuff, and lead people to jump to conclusions. The media shouldn’t do that. They never do that when black people kill each other. "

He also called those who rioted after the decision was announced "scumbags," and said "There is no excuse for people to be out there burning down people's businesses, burning down police cars."

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:19 pm

What if the police came into some neighborhood and shot a bunch of people and then tried to hide in some stores?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.