Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Tucker Carlson is doing the first segment of a week-long series on the opioid epidemic, which has has already stated three times is the worst drug epidemic in the history of America...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:57 pm

I saw that. I thought of you.
Last edited by AlabamAlum on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
eCat wrote:this is more about making you feel better about not being racist anwyays
Exactly. They call it "virtue signaling."
lmao
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:12 pm

"Black folks make bad decisions and kill each other. There is no underlying reason."

"Well, actually, there are a myriad of socio-political reasons and to suggest there are segments at the lowest rung of their population who commit crimes simply because they are black is -in fact- pretty racist."

"WHEN YOU CALL ME RACIST FOR SAYING RACIST THINGS, YOU'RE JUST VIRTUE SIGNALING!"

Funniest goddamn thing I've read in a long while. Thanks. I needed that.
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:24 pm

hedge wrote:Tucker Carlson is doing the first segment of a week-long series on the opioid epidemic, which has has already stated three times is the worst drug epidemic in the history of America...
I tried watching his show because I thought early on he was a breath of fresh air to Fox, but I'm not a fan of the 7 minute segment. He guests have learned to just stick to bullet points to push their viewpoint and he eventually runs out of time and moves on to something else.

Here is essentially every Tucker Carlson interview I've seen

TC - So you're saying this
Guest - No Tucker, I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying this
TC - But I have a quote where you said this
Guest - Tucker, its very clear that this, not that , is the problem here
TC - laughing condescendingly, - yea well, that's not what you said
TC - OK, our next guest......
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:59 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:"Black folks make bad decisions and kill each other. There is no underlying reason."

"Well, actually, there are a myriad of socio-political reasons and to suggest there are segments at the lowest rung of their population who commit crimes simply because they are black is -in fact- pretty racist."

"WHEN YOU CALL ME RACIST FOR SAYING RACIST THINGS, YOU'RE JUST VIRTUE SIGNALING!"

We get it, AA, we get it. Everybody who disagrees with liberal views on race is a racist. You might as well throw in sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, and all the other gratuitous, intellectually lazy, stale, identity-politics labels. We all understand that you liberals are inherently morally superior to us deplorables.

And when you shout out "racist" at anybody who disagrees with you, we all understand that it is also some sort of mating call to other similarly morally superior beings. I'm sure they heard your virtue signal, and maybe they will respond, and maybe you can go get a room to celebrate your moral superiority over anyone who disagrees with you.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:11 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:"Black folks make bad decisions and kill each other. There is no underlying reason."

You're dealing with someone who thinks the whole "mark of Cain" thing is real so expecting any sort of nuanced thinking here is unrealistic.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:57 am

See, AA? It worked! You sent your mating call out to other morally superior non-racists, and - poof! - another morally superior non-racist person appears. And he greets you by also expressing his own moral non-racist superiority. You can now help each other feel better about your mutual non-racism, just like eCat said.

Isn't virtue signalling beautiful?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:50 am

You guys are interesting.

Some battles are not worth fighting, for the victory is short-lived and the same squabbles re-appear when the confirmation bias kicks back in.

Fun reading, though.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:18 am

Bklyn wrote:You guys are interesting.

Some battles are not worth fighting, for the victory is short-lived and the same squabbles re-appear when the confirmation bias kicks back in.

Fun reading, though.
Yeah. True that.
— Abraham Lincoln

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:35 am

I've seen a lot of large words used in the past ten or so posts, not sure what they mean, but I am gonna take'em as disrespect.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:35 am

I'm surprised that super christians like Prof and sardis would take issue with virtue signalling. Isn't that what christians do all the time? They never seem to tire of telling anyone who will listen how their way is the only right way, indeed, to the point that if you don't fall in line, you're going to hell. They call that evangelism.
And criticizing someone for moral superiority? Again, christians are the experts at precisely that sort of chest-puffing. As always, we criticize in others what we most dislike about ourselves, except in this case, it's falsely accusing others of what they most dislike about themselves...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:00 am

"2. It's interesting that you chose Wilcox County. Violent crime is more than double the US average there"

I think I chose florida for those stats

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:14 am

You are not "prof" and he specifically said Wilcox County, AL.
— Abraham Lincoln

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:24 am

I don't think I've ever had an issue with AA and Cletus on their feelings of moral superiority. We all have it. That's why we argue and call each other idiots.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:07 am

sardis wrote:I don't think I've ever had an issue with AA and Cletus on their feelings of moral superiority. We all have it. That's why we argue and call each other idiots.

like anyone listens to your stupid ass
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:52 pm

heh
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:51 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:
2. It's interesting that you chose Wilcox County. Violent crime is more than double the US average there - and no one has a pot to piss in, but still, they steal that.
Incorrect. Wildly so.
Wilcox County, AL | Crime Rates

Wilcox is a county located in AL, and has a population of 8,716. This region is policed by WILCOX COUNTY.

Wilcox County has an overall crime rate of 436 per 100,000 residents. This is one of the safest regions in the United States. This means that your chances of becoming a victim of any type of crime in Wilcox County is 1 in 229 if you reside there for a year.

The average overall crime rate for Wilcox County for the previous 2 years was 1,480 per 100,000 residents. This means that the crime rate for Wilcox County has been decreasing over time.

Below are its crime rates and policing statistics according to the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports (UCR). For more specific crime statistics (NIBRS) for many US cities & counties, see Offense Statistics.

Crime Rates
(per 100,000) Wilcox USA

Crime Rate (Overall) 436 4,506
Murder Rate N/A 6
Robbery Rate 11 148
Rape Rate N/A 30
Assault Rate 115 644
Burglary Rate 126 726
Forced Entry Rate 115 417
Larceny Rate 184 2,185
Auto Theft Rate N/A 362

http://www.insideprison.com/city_crime_ ... 6&stateID=
I am Prof and I specifically said Wilcox County AL.

Why do you lie, AA?

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
AlabamAlum wrote:
2. It's interesting that you chose Wilcox County. Violent crime is more than double the US average there - and no one has a pot to piss in, but still, they steal that.
Incorrect. Wildly so.
Wilcox County, AL | Crime Rates

Wilcox is a county located in AL, and has a population of 8,716. This region is policed by WILCOX COUNTY.

Wilcox County has an overall crime rate of 436 per 100,000 residents. This is one of the safest regions in the United States. This means that your chances of becoming a victim of any type of crime in Wilcox County is 1 in 229 if you reside there for a year.

The average overall crime rate for Wilcox County for the previous 2 years was 1,480 per 100,000 residents. This means that the crime rate for Wilcox County has been decreasing over time.

Below are its crime rates and policing statistics according to the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports (UCR). For more specific crime statistics (NIBRS) for many US cities & counties, see Offense Statistics.

Crime Rates
(per 100,000) Wilcox USA

Crime Rate (Overall) 436 4,506
Murder Rate N/A 6
Robbery Rate 11 148
Rape Rate N/A 30
Assault Rate 115 644
Burglary Rate 126 726
Forced Entry Rate 115 417
Larceny Rate 184 2,185
Auto Theft Rate N/A 362

http://www.insideprison.com/city_crime_ ... 6&stateID=
I am Prof and I specifically said Wilcox County AL. I said it is one of the poorest counties in the US, and if the liberal theory of "poverty equals high crime" were true, then Wilcox County should be a hotbed of crime. AA said it IS. The above evidence proves it is just the opposite.

Why do you lie, AA?
Prof,

Let me start with a few questions:

1) You do know that data submission to the FBI's UCR is voluntary, correct?

2) Would you say it's possible for a county with 10,000 people in it and has scant resources to have issues accurately reporting to the FBI?

3) Aside from lack of staff and resources, do you think it's possible for a sheriff (Wilcox County sheriffs get arrested a lot, incidentally) to have an ulterior motive in not reporting or filing voluntary FBI forms, as it's seen as a report card of sorts?

With a county that size, methodology is critical. Interestingly, other websites who use the FBI's UCR for Wilcox County have come up with different results. This one for example: http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/county/alabama/wilcox (there are others).

I have ALEA's 2016 report on my desk. Give me your address and I'll mail it to you as it's not on-line yet. It lists the population as 10k (and some change) with 241 total index crimes (homicide, rape, robbery, assaulty, car theft, burglary, and larceny), or approximately 24 index crimes per 1000 persons. According to the NACJD, rural counties with less than 15,000 in population have an average crime index of 11.26 per 1000 persons.

(https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NA ... 399#method).

As an aside, my knowledge of the county comes as a researcher. Wilcox County held the national record for prevalence of chlamydia for three decades. I came to know the area fairly well, and assumed you had seen something I had written about it. The crime there for so few people was staggering. Three weeks in Camden and one week in Pine Hill was enough for a lifetime.

Next, do crime on Indian reservations!
— Abraham Lincoln

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:38 pm

[youtube]LH_EyxsupRE[/youtube]