Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:37 am

I agree that much of the plight of black America is the result of their own collective choices. The negative consequences of the destruction of black fatherhood alone has been incalculable. No social program is going to change that. It is absolutely not caused by racism. Until black people decide to start getting married before they make babies and husbands bother sticking around to support their wives and children, their communities will continue to face the inevitable negative consequences of their collective choices.

That said, there are obviously factors that are not the result of black choices. Since the horrible days of slavery in the South ended in 1865, and since the disgusting days of Jim Crowe in the South ended in the 1960's, I believe black people have been primarily victimized by the government in two things:

1. Unfair treatment by the criminal justice system. The statistics may say that 13% of the people commit %50 of the crime, but I have a hard time believing that black people are THAT much more prone to criminality than white people. The disparity between the sentences for possession of crack cocaine vs. powder cocaine are morally indefensible. In general, the war on drugs has been the most harmful governmental act against black America since slavery.

2. The terrible education systems available to black people. If you are black and live in the inner city, it is very likely the schools your kids are forced to attend are crap. Nearly all the major metropolitan areas in America, where the schools are particularly terrible, are run by Democrats. It's hard for city leaders of NYC or LA or Chicago to blame Republicans or whitey for the human warehouses posing as public schools when they are all one-party cities. I have never understood why black people vote 90% for Democrats in the cities, but happily accept the pathetic schools they get in return for their party loyalty.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:47 pm

concur PT

certainly better then AA's impotent response
years of living in the heat and humidity certainly have taken a toll on his mental capabilities to form an intelligent post or even a sentence of two of reasoned communications let alone formulate an independent idea these days.
More terrifying is knowing that he is some kind of medical bureaucratic figurehead in charge of formulating short and long range medical business plans for thousands from the crimson tide state. Its no wonder with minds like his they rank in the lower 20% on delivery of health care nationally.

So when I see the rants and ravings of a frustrated washed up old man nearer to death then most with cigar stained fingertips, emptied bottles of old panther littering his house, clinging to days when his dementia was in its early stages I pause....I reread his script trying to find something-- anything, of knowledge or wit from that embittered, venomous grandiloquent geriatric old turd. I come away with nothing.

And so in closing I go the way of many of us nostalgic for the day when I read AA's post and even smiled wondering what made that guy tick, but now saddened by the thought that he needs to retire from frequenting message boards, that these days his attempts of wit and discourse just show how far he has fallen.

I will always miss the Old AA

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm

crashcourse wrote:
So when I see the rants and ravings of a frustrated washed up old man nearer to death then most with cigar stained fingertips, emptied bottles of old panther littering his house, clinging to days when his dementia was in its early stages I pause....I reread his script trying to find something-- anything, of knowledge or wit from that embittered, venomous grandiloquent geriatric old turd. I come away with nothing.

why drag me into this?!?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:55 pm

Once the basic requirements of Maslow's hierarchy aren't met, deference to some ideal of lofty ethics aren't going to make the top 10. With anyone. Ever. Regardless of skin color. We humans are animals, and once we're hungry for long enough, we will kill, rob, steal, form roaming mobs of the like-minded, and teach or model these behaviors to our young.

Why has it gotten worse for certain segments of blacks over the last 50 years? Surprisingly, economic intergration played a part. Before that, black-owned businesses -shops, markets, restaurants, cafes, motels, banks, repair shops- catered to blacks because blacks couldn't go to white businesses. This forced patronage provided an economic lifeline to many poorer black communities. Once that went away and left a still broken social infrastructure that kept blacks from high-paying jobs and equal education, it eroded the economic base to a point where the poorest of the poor went hungry. And as I said above, we are animals. We will kill if hungry for long enough. Once you have that happen in suffcient numbers, they model that to their young.

It's happened in every part of the world. Where, when hungry, you lose your haughty ethics when in such economic despair: The gypsies of eastern Europe, the bands of gangs in Guizhou, China, thousands of once respectable French women becoming whores to the Germans, English, and GIs during WWII, poor Italians -both in Italy and abroad- who joined crime syndicates as a way out...and the list of people who dropped any pretense of piety when faced with hunger is millennia long and it is not color-bound and never has been.

Wait. No, im wrong. Obviously, black people just make bad choices and they are genetically predisposed to immorality. Right?

Y'all need Jesus.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:58 pm

speaking of being politically incorrect.

I took my daughter to Greaters saturday night. On the way back we were talking about stuff on Netflix and I asked her if she had seen the Dave Chappelle specials. She said no and I was telling her that at 16 she probably wouldn't think they are as funny as I do but she should still watch them.

I told her about the Kevin Hart piece where he was saying he brought his kid to see Kevin Hart and he was pissed at how popular Hart was and how nobody recognized him, then when the show started he looked over and his son was laughing so hard he was slapping his knees, and then I qouted Chappelle talking to his son saying "Nigga I do this for a living too!"

you would have though I burned a cross in someone's yard given her reaction.

"I can't believe you said that dad!" and I'm like what? I just repeated what he said! "You can't say that!". I'm just in the car with you, whats the big deal. "I thought you were better than that!" "OH FOR GOD"S SAKE GIRL, GOT DAMN"

and then we rode home in silence, which fortunately was only a 1/2 mile or so.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:14 pm

She's given up on lacrosse and now this. I would say the only disappointment left for you is if she comes out as a lesbian, but I doubt she would've given up on lacrosse if that was the case, so at least you won't have to deal with that...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:14 pm

hedge wrote:She's given up on lacrosse and now this. I would say the only disappointment left for you is if she comes out as a lesbian, but I doubt she would've given up on lacrosse if that was the case, so at least you won't have to deal with that...

I'm not certain that's off the table at this point.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:19 pm

How does she feel about your support of Trump? Or is she not old enough to really be caring about national politics yet?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:23 pm

hedge wrote:How does she feel about your support of Trump? Or is she not old enough to really be caring about national politics yet?
oh yea, she lets me know I'm an asshole for voting for Trump.

But I encourage both my kids to form their own opinions on politics and religion so whatever, I assume life will drive her views moreso than her old man.

We did talk about Trayvon Martin once and she said she understood my viewpoint on it.

My son was old enough to vote and he voted for Jill Stein

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 pm

crashcourse wrote:concur PT

certainly better then AA's impotent response
years of living in the heat and humidity certainly have taken a toll on his mental capabilities to form an intelligent post or even a sentence of two of reasoned communications let alone formulate an independent idea these days.
More terrifying is knowing that he is some kind of medical bureaucratic figurehead in charge of formulating short and long range medical business plans for thousands from the crimson tide state. Its no wonder with minds like his they rank in the lower 20% on delivery of health care nationally.

And so in closing I go the way of many of us nostalgic for the day when I read AA's post and even smiled wondering what made that guy tick, but now saddened by the thought that he needs to retire from frequenting message boards, that these days his attempts of wit and discourse just show how far he has fallen.

I will always miss the Old AA
Dang, crash. If you keep this up, you will start getting an unending dose of...

"Crash, you are a ________ moron." (Insert any insulting adjective here, but "mouth-breathing," "knuckle-dragging," and "cock-gobbling" and "dullard" are perennial favorites.)

"Crash, how dare you post about race! This is a thread about the Florida State Seminoles! In what way was your post about the Florida State Seminoles? I am the self-appointed topic relevancy Barney Fife around here, and I'm telling you to nip it! In the bud! If you continue to post non-Florida State posts on a Florida State message board, I shall mete out the ultimate punishment! I shall go elsewhere!"

"Mike Price was never the Coach at Bama!"

Crash, you have been warned.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:29 pm

"My son was old enough to vote and he voted for Jill Stein"

Should've made him run more laps when you had the chaince...

crashcourse
Senior

Post by crashcourse » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:45 pm

the thing I don't get the most is the male abandonment of family and the blacks killing blacks

all the examples you cited there was always a sense that family still meant something and rampant killing of each other wasn't taking place.

I don't know what the answer is I almost think a mandatory 2 year enlistment for everyone not in college would be a good start. a little discipline in life with some interracial education

whomever said prejudice is still alive and well im not sure I'd call it prejudice as much as frustration with the overblown view that whites are prejudiced if they say anything at all portraying a black man in the wrong light

My grandparents--prejudiced --my aunt hid the fact she married a black man so as not to kill my grandfather
my patents semi prejudiced
my generation not so much--I dated a black girl for 6 months but in Indianapolis as a 17 yo still scorned at but mixed race couples and interracial schools, establisments etc much more prevalent. 20 years working arm in arm with multiracial soldiers probably helped
my kids--I don't think they even pay attention to what color somebody is kids 30 and under there's as many interracial couples as there are non interacial when I strolled through Kansas city legends this weekend and no one even gives a second glance
and say what you will about barack's election not meaning that much but in 20 states he got almost 50% up to 70% of the white vote. and that was on the heels of listening to his loudmouth racist pastor and we still voted for him. racist countries don't vote for other races though its interesting that 95%of his race voted Obama many for only one reason

so even though race relations imo are miles better then 25 years ago is economic survival worse and that's why blacks are killing blacks and abandoning their families? if jobs become plentiful as the babyboomers start retiring do we expect family dynamics and black crime to change--is there anything the last president did to stem the trend or was more fuel thrown on this fire.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Poverty does not cause crime. If that were the case, the most dangerous places in America would be places like Tunica MS or Wilcox County AL or some Native American reservations out west.

Moreover, there have been plenty of racial groups that experienced poverty in America, but they did not respond by slaughtering people of their own racial groups on an industrial scale, e.g. Hispanics.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:22 pm

1. Persons at or below line have more than double the rate of violent crime.

2. It's interesting that you chose Wilcox County. Violent crime is more than double the US average there - and no one has a pot to piss in, but still, they steal that. Also, look up the stats on the crime rates at Indian reservations. Shockingly high.

3. It's more than poor. It's hunger, lack of resources, and hopelessness bred over decades and generations.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:35 pm

In short, eschewing the obvious socio-political and economical root causes for black inner-city crime is just thinly-veiled racism.

But whatever. I am tired of the convo. Go with the "them thar coloreds just aren't as righteous or as moral as us white folks! Look at them negroes! Thievin' and killin' and the like!" If you want.
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:31 pm

this is more about making you feel better about not being racist anwyays

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Well most cops and lawyers will tell you the hardest thing to do is to get active and accurate information from crimes in the bad areas of town. Why? Maybe they don't trust cops. Not a snitch. So they will let gang members, drug dealers, and such just continue along with their business all the while screaming that no one will help them and have their hands out.

As far as opportunities and resources, please. It is easier now more than ever. However, it is easier (women mostly) to live how their mothers lived and just repeat the cycle instead of trying to work and achieve something.

There are opportunities out there and I will admit that some people can start at more of a disadvantage than myself. However, I would be willing to bet Cletus started 5 squares ahead of us. Not to single him out but I hope you get it. Being poor knows no color, race, or religion. Everyone has a different starting point and to those that are already a mile ahead, what should I do???? Try to drag them back to me or try to catch up?
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

crashcourse
Senior

Post by crashcourse » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:20 pm

catch up

kid works in california advertising

she has went from an intern on kardashian show to some place called trailor park doing ads for a DVD series to VeVo to amazon to colleghumpor .com and starts athe fandango account for NBC today as a matter of fact.
Point is every job she left behind moans about the fact the pool for her job isn't as deep--degrees are beginning to matter and kids with degrees can pick and choose what they want--hopefully those who are forced into crime by poverty will start getting more opportunities in an expanding job market

but jeesus Christ the big racket is the cost of a degree and how much student debt these kids have when they get out

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Alabama's governor resigning. Pity. He actually did some decent things in office. If you're in office, don't have an affair. If you do, don't fire people if they won't cover it up. If you do that anyway, don't use campaign funds to aid your continued cover-up.

What a mess.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch ... ex-scandal
— Abraham Lincoln

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm

eCat wrote:this is more about making you feel better about not being racist anwyays
Exactly. They call it "virtue signaling."