Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:37 am

eCat wrote:Trump talks alot of shit in regards to foreign policy but he's positioned himself to where he's not interested in playing hall monitor for those tribal goat herders
[youtube]Yg5LXaXQXfs[/youtube]
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:40 am

I heard McConnel say that Clarence Thomas was voted on with something like a 51-47 vote, saying they never required 60 votes then.

Schumer is just in the same position as Boehner was 3 years ago. He's got the progressives who are demanding he do absolutely nothing except stall and vote no, similar to the Tea Party.

The problem he has is however, Harry Reid , in his infinite wisdom , totally fucked the Democrats believing the Obama party would never end.

And its not even fair to fully put Merrick Garland in the same light because McConnell expected Hillary Clinton to be president and was hoping she'd just avoid picking a complete bitch train like Sotomayor.

and let me re-iterate if I hadn't made it clear, Sotomayor is a horrible, horrible choice for SCOTUS.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:09 am

Why?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 am

Did Sotomayor allegedly say, "There's a pubic hair in my coke" in the presence of her secretary?

If Hillary had won, we'd have Raul Castro on SCOTUS by now.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 am

She doesn't believe in equality, she believes in bias and feels its her responsibility to not represent all Americans, just the Americans she identifies with.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:21 am

You mean she supports an agenda that is uneven in order to create equality, such as affirmative action? Or that she is a man-hating chola who would kick you in the nuts if she got the chance?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 am

eCat wrote:She doesn't believe in equality, she believes in bias and feels its her responsibility to not represent all Americans, just the Americans she identifies with.
The vast majority of Dmocrats believe that.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:24 am

There's been plenty of people like that in the judiciary and/or govt. Except most of them are siding with the white people, usually men. I don't know if Sotomayor is or isn't what you describe since I don't follow SC judges but they're all pretty much looking out for some special interest it seems.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:24 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
eCat wrote:She doesn't believe in equality, she believes in bias and feels its her responsibility to not represent all Americans, just the Americans she identifies with.

It sums up the Obama administration quite well.

I read a story on Biden saying his biggest regret/mistake of the administration was not talking to middle class America about what they would do for them and he believes it why it cost the Dems the election.

really Biden? you're figuring that out now?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:26 am

Saint wrote:There's been plenty of people like that in the judiciary and/or govt. Except most of them are siding with the white people, usually men. I don't know if Sotomayor is or isn't what you describe since I don't follow SC judges but they're all pretty much looking out for some special interest it seems.
Give me an example post 1970

Sotomayor lets her personal politics drive her decisions. And thats horrible

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:27 am

Professor Tiger wrote:

The vast majority of Republicans believe that white people, mostly men, are the ones who should be represented it. If we really want to get down to brass tacks, and I always do, the GOP base wants to keep the status quo and is terrified of democracy when it no longer is mostly white, male and/or Christian.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:29 am

Citizens United on campaign spending comes to mind.

It seemed like Scalia was guided by his personal politics, too. If you take the bench as a "liberal" or "conservative" judge, you are probably not going to do your job properly. I would prefer they all be centrist legal drones.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:38 am

Saint wrote:Citizens United on campaign spending comes to mind.

It seemed like Scalia was guided by his personal politics, too. If you take the bench as a "liberal" or "conservative" judge, you are probably not going to do your job properly. I would prefer they all be centrist legal drones.

seems to me George Soros has taken advantage of Citizens United as much as any Koch or Adelson has. Now yes, those are all white guys but Soros sure as hell isn't committed to the status quo of the GOP old guard.

Scalia refused to believe the constitution was a living document. That's an ideology.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:43 am

Except that it is a living document. Otherwise we wouldn't have 240 years of amendments. And Scalia certainly was guided by his religious beliefs and hard-ass philosophy.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:57 am

Saint wrote:Except that it is a living document. Otherwise we wouldn't have 240 years of amendments. And Scalia certainly was guided by his religious beliefs and hard-ass philosophy.

that's fine as long as he was balanced in his rulings.

How can you say some shit like this and expect to be a balanced judge

"A wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life"

"Ethnicity ‘May And Will Make A Difference In Judging’

"While recognizing the potential effect of individual experiences on perception, Judge Cedarbaum nevertheless believes that judges must transcend their personal sympathies and prejudices and aspire to achieve a greater degree of fairness and integrity based on the reason of law. Although I agree with and attempt to work toward Judge Cedarbaum's aspiration, I wonder whether achieving that goal is possible in all or even in most cases. And I wonder whether by ignoring our differences as women or men of color we do a disservice both to the law and society. Whatever the reasons why we may have different perspectives, either as some theorists suggest because of our cultural experiences or as others postulate because we have basic differences in logic and reasoning"

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:18 am

Liberals were busy making Steve Martin apologize to Carrie Fisher for calling here beautiful or sexy in a tweet instead of listening to the middle class. They were busy by SJW and making everyone say sorry for this shit that we could not give 10 flying pig butts for.

And they will keep losing no matter what anyone thinks. The TRUE middle class of America has the numbers. They found out the hard way last November.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:21 am

Whitey has always looked out for whitey on the Supreme Court...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:18 pm

here is something we can all get worked up about together

Law enforcement took more stuff from people than burglars did last year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 6cd34e826a

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Law enforcement = whoever has the most force makes the laws. If you can't enforce it, it's not a law. It's a wish...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Yet another reason why so-called hard drugs will never be legalized (and why law enforcement is against weed being legalized). It cuts into their profits...