Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Bklyn » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Has anyone ever been hit by a car during a protest?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:31 pm

eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:It seems like all the high school girls around her put out like crazy. At least compared to my high school experience in the early '80s.
I was under the impression they were all whores too

I'm a grouch today. Didn't get any sleep. Something is wrong with my dogs butt so he laid on the floor in our bedroom and licked his ass for 9 hours straight. I would shut the door but then he lays outside the door and whines.

The little dog knew something was wrong too because he kept following around the big dog all day yesterday resulting in my wife screaming every 10 minutes "GET YOUR NOSE OUT OF HIS BUTTHOLE!"

at least it was rotisserie chicken night and not spaghetti /toast. That would have been the capper to a really shitty chain of events.
This post reminds me of the time you said of Mecca, during a particular rough stretch for him when he was waging 6 or 7 battles simultaneously, that he was like a dog dragging its ass around on the carpet in the den trying to scratch it.

Kudos for the spaghetti and toast reference!

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:42 pm

We're Tennessee and we have a GOP supermajority legislature so we get crazy bills like this all that time. Usually our moderately-sane R governor vetoes the ones that actually make it to his desk. Just your typical legislation involving secession and border checkpoints, rights to road kill, Don't Say/Think/or Act Gay bills, guns in baby carriages, and seemingly endless attempts to re-honor Nathan Bedford Forrest (and a thousand others like that).
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:It seems like all the high school girls around her put out like crazy. At least compared to my high school experience in the early '80s.
I was under the impression they were all whores too

I'm a grouch today. Didn't get any sleep. Something is wrong with my dogs butt so he laid on the floor in our bedroom and licked his ass for 9 hours straight. I would shut the door but then he lays outside the door and whines.

The little dog knew something was wrong too because he kept following around the big dog all day yesterday resulting in my wife screaming every 10 minutes "GET YOUR NOSE OUT OF HIS BUTTHOLE!"

at least it was rotisserie chicken night and not spaghetti /toast. That would have been the capper to a really shitty chain of events.
This post reminds me of the time you said of Mecca, during a particular rough stretch for him when he was waging 6 or 7 battles simultaneously, that he was like a dog dragging its ass around on the carpet in the den trying to scratch it.

Kudos for the spaghetti and toast reference!
I knew you'd be the only one to appreciate it.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:02 pm

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Bklyn wrote:Has anyone ever been hit by a car during a protest?
There's some pretty funny videos on YouTube. They ought to put a bounty on those animals.
Let 'er Blow!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:07 pm

When you are part of a ministry that helps low income families you see this first hand. Rent, even in awful neighborhoods, are $900 a month for a 1 bedroom in Charlotte. For a minimum wage family, that's impossible. There are agencies that can help, but trying to find the right one is confusing even to me.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:27 pm

It was eye opening. I've been dialed into financial insecurity and the problems of the lower middle/lower class over the past year...but this was another piece that I was missing in my overall understanding of things. There are some efforts that some attorneys I know are making to assist in parts of NY with this (primarily with older residents in buildings that have skyrocketed in value and are under pressure to leave). I will lend my hand and resources to help slow some of these practices where I can.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:00 pm

I can't imagine how tough it is in NYC, even outside of Manhattan.

I think there are resources from both private and government out there, but they're scattered in different directions and difficult to bring together to be enough of a factor for a family

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Rent too damn high!

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:07 am

Flynn resigned.

Had to.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:30 am

Dammit. I had him second out the door after Priebus.

'Course, if things veer totally out of control and the brand continues to suffer... the big orange guy himself could be the next one to walk.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:42 am

I'm leading in my ranking.

I have Reince next. He is outside the core group, so he will suffer from his own gaffes AND be the first sacrificed if he can be scapegoated in lieu of a guy in the circle.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:50 am

personally I think Trump should have told the press to fuck off, he's keeping his guy.

Who here demanded Loretta Lynch resign when she met privately with Bill Clinton to discuss the FBI investigation against his wife?

not that I care about Flynn at all, but what he did seems pretty small to me for people to get worked up over it. His crime was lying to the VP. Lets see, a national security guy lying to officials about what they've done behind closed doors. Certainly unprecedented.

then again, that's what liberals do - get worked up over anything that the Trump administration does.

An over the top response is what results

" Rep. Adam Schiff of California, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee — which is investigating the Trump campaign's alleged contacts with Russia — said Flynn's resignation was "all but ordained the day he misled the country about his secret talks with the Russian Ambassador."

"In fact, Flynn was always a poor choice for National Security Advisor, a role in which you need to be a consensus builder, and possess sobriety and steady judgment," Schiff said in a statement. "It is certainly no role for someone who plays fast and loose with the truth." "
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:12 am

David Duke Endorses Keith Ellison For DNC Chair

Does he force a condemnation from the Democrats? I guess we'll see.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:15 am

I dunno. You read in the WSJ before the resignation that the WH was made aware a month ago about Flynn's lies wrt the conversation with the ambassador, that the DOJ warned how the general had opened himself up to blackmail. Seems a lot od serious people are skittish about that, not just bedwetters on the left. Why the long gap? Under whose authority was Flynn working under? Shades of 'what did the president know, and when did he know it'.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:22 am

I told you all he won't last 4 years.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:41 am

I get that Flynn lied

and I understand integrity is an issue.

If this was a case of Trump having an integrity issue.

He doesn't

Everyone assumes he's lying...about everything

Keeping Flynn in the fold is a good buffer for Trump.

I think its a mistake to force or accept his resignation.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:54 am

1. He couldn't stay after he lied to Pence (or, at least, it appeared he lied to Pence. The alternative is Pence deliberately lied to the public...which would be worse)
2. Trump did say "fuck yo' couch, press" because he knew about this since (at least) the end of December when the (now fired) acting Atty General told the White House about it
3. It's bordering on treason what Flynn did. It's the reason Comey still has him under investigation
4. If you think this has the moral equivalence of the actions of Loretta Lynch when Bill Clinton visited her plane, then we fundamentally see the world...and national security...in different ways
5. As bluetick accurately pointed out, don't drop this on liberal's yard. People from both sides see the problem with this...in principle. This is not a party issue...at least it shouldn't be. I expect at least McCain to call it what it is.
Last edited by Bklyn on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:09 am

Yes, Flynn talking to a foreign state and discussing the potential actions and strategies of the US and lying about it is much different than the Lynch saga. Especially considering that there is rumor of the Russians sending him "gifts". Some believe Putin flipped on Flynn as another "present" to Trump.

I have no idea if those rumors have weight, but -regardless- Flynn is indefensible in this. Trump made the right move, albeit a bit late.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.