The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Saint wrote:Pence, Ryan, anyone. He's laid it all out but he's shown himself to be clearly unfit to handle the role of president. It's almost as if he doesn't want to be there or, heaven forbid, he really is that much of a pompous jackass. Either way, he's a danger to everyone in that position. He's got to go.
They are not going to do it. Only Trump will do it. Ass that he is, he is our ass and he is (at this point) irreplaceable.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:13 pm

eCat wrote:
bluetick wrote:You can't beat clever sarcasm. Nosiree.
or dumbass condescension

David Brooks: "Condescension Fueled Trump Victory" - Real Clear Politics

..//.. "I think those who voted for him certainly are willing to tolerate a lot of ugliness, but maybe, if you're in desperate circumstances, or you think the country is deeply in trouble, you're willing to tolerate that without necessarily liking it," he said.

Brooks also warned his fellow "college-enlightened," educated, enlightened" people not to look down at Trump voters as "those primitive hordes."

"We have populist movements that often, often, often have this ugly racial element," he said. "But, often, there are warning signs of some deeper social and economic problem. And we have rapidly increasing technology, which is making life very good for people who are good at using words, and not so good for people who are not good at using words."

"Condescension is what fueled this thing in the first place," Brooks said. "And so I don't think we want that."

I am sooooo guilty.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:26 pm

bluetick wrote:
eCat wrote:
bluetick wrote:You can't beat clever sarcasm. Nosiree.
or dumbass condescension

David Brooks: "Condescension Fueled Trump Victory" - Real Clear Politics

..//.. "I think those who voted for him certainly are willing to tolerate a lot of ugliness, but maybe, if you're in desperate circumstances, or you think the country is deeply in trouble, you're willing to tolerate that without necessarily liking it," he said.

Brooks also warned his fellow "college-enlightened," educated, enlightened" people not to look down at Trump voters as "those primitive hordes."

"We have populist movements that often, often, often have this ugly racial element," he said. "But, often, there are warning signs of some deeper social and economic problem. And we have rapidly increasing technology, which is making life very good for people who are good at using words, and not so good for people who are not good at using words."

"Condescension is what fueled this thing in the first place," Brooks said. "And so I don't think we want that."

I am sooooo guilty.
At least you admit your guilt. That is more than some on the left, can say. I'll give you that.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:33 pm

love to see trumps ideas without trump being around

but unfortunately trump is the only one ignoring most of the special interests and the political correctness to have the balls to do some of this stuff

there has to be someone out there that isn't a buffoon the average middle class worker can vote for without feeling like they voted for a complete dipshit

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:35 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
At least you admit it. That is more than some on the left, can say. I'll give you that.
IB, if you ever gave me something I'd back away from it and have everybody clear the building.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:39 pm

bluetick wrote:BRM, you probably weren't alive during the civil rights riots of the 60s or the war demonstrations of the late 60s/early 70s. Cities were literally aflame - we're not talking about a trash can or dumpster fire here and there. You have no idea what you're talking about, seriously. Watts, Harlem...read a history book.

"I don't riot but I"M the bad guy - people call me names, waaa." That's snowflake talk, man. Buck up.
Yeah and if MLK saw what were people were doing in his name today, he would straight up take off his belt and beat some ass.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:54 pm

BigRedMan wrote:
bluetick wrote:BRM, you probably weren't alive during the civil rights riots of the 60s or the war demonstrations of the late 60s/early 70s. Cities were literally aflame - we're not talking about a trash can or dumpster fire here and there. You have no idea what you're talking about, seriously. Watts, Harlem...read a history book.

"I don't riot but I"M the bad guy - people call me names, waaa." That's snowflake talk, man. Buck up.
Yeah and if MLK saw what were people were doing in his name today, he would straight up take off his belt and beat some ass.
Correct.

MLK wanted a world where his kids could walk into a restaurant in Virginia owned by a truly racist white person, and know, that they could be served lunch. He wanted property laws changed based on what was moral, and he got his wish. That is civil rights legislation. He wasn't really interested in a world where single black mom with 15 children (by 9 different dads) living on public assistance, could lean on government for the rest of their lives.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:01 pm

If MLK saw what people were doing with his name today, he would shock many with how much more radical his agenda and political view was.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Bklyn wrote:
eCat wrote:but taking her kids away?

like I said, this doesn't tell the complete story but they better be justified moreso than these two kids are missing algebra class.
Something's not adding up there.
I suspect you could say the same thing of her kids' math homework...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
BigRedMan wrote:

Correct.

MLK wanted a world where his kids could walk into a restaurant in Virginia owned by a truly racist white person, and know, that they could be served lunch. He wanted property laws changed based on what was moral, and he got his wish. That is civil rights legislation. He wasn't really interested in a world where single black mom with 15 children (by 9 different dads) living on public assistance, could lean on government for the rest of their lives.

I wonder how many such women there are in America. A few hundred maybe? That's a generous estimate but still very low for an archetype that defines millions of white Americans' political philosophy.

Heaven forbid I pay a few extra dollars in taxes a year so some black lady can have kids with every man she sees. Now, here's the thing, nobody wants that, except maybe the dark lady who can't seem to get enough cock in between the time she spends being lazy. But here's the bigger thing, our gov't and our economy has been taken over by megacorporations that have wrung the middle class into paying for all those black women with 15 kids that anger up your blood so much. So, instead of trying to do something to reverse this trend, which sholly shall be the death of us all, you elect the fox to be hen house monitor.

I have no sympathy for you, my friend.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Yeah, some people just don't seem to mind the untold trillions of dollars that has been stolen from taxpayers and funneled directly to super rich corporations under the guise of military spending and other big ticket items that congress gives to bigwigs in their home districts, to the extent that you could almost conclude that the facilitation of such largess is their main function and reason for being there at all. I say again: Untold trillions. But a black woman on welfare, oh hell naw! That's what's bankrupting the country! Yeah, right...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:43 pm

The European elite better stop ignoring their constituents on immigration or they will be wiped out by populist parties in the elections coming up.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... ent=safari

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:46 pm

Maybe it's time to storm the Bastille again. Remember how well that worked out last time?

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Didn't they give out free cake?
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:03 am

They gave free buggy rides to the guillotine...

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:47 am

Oh Donald...fighting with your own nominee by proxy. What is this? Day 20?

Someone cue up Bernie.

(Mack, that is)
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:02 am

we kinda knew this already but researchers in Utah felt it was an important topic to study

https://unews.utah.edu/deeper-calls-smaller-balls/
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:24 am

BRM. Grow up. Be a man.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova