College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by crashcourse » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:45 pm

wish your parents had mad e that decision

first 1/2 of a pregnancy im all for choice

second 1/2 im all for prolife

tic at what point do you think we stop taking charity cases to this country and try to help all the charity cases we already have

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Heh, my very existence is probably predicated on the fact that abortion wasn't legal back then. Not so much me personally, but I can easily see that the time b/w my parents wedding and the birth of my older brother makes it plain that it was a rush job. I suspect that was the case for many people back in the day...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:13 pm

All very solid points...and points to the difficulty abortion plays on people's lives and philosophies. Cletus' experience mirrors exactly CMAC's and his twins. He flipped to Pro-Choice after that experience.

As far as abortion as a central (and basically sole) tenet of the Feminist platform, I can only go by how Feminists define their platform. Agency over their bodies (which is bigger than abortion) is only one component. So, I have to look at it as if that is true. You may see it as one thing, but if they don't then I have to go with them (there is a whole "mansplaining" thing there, too, but I haven't mastered all the new Feminist outrages).

As far as your question on the position of black evangelical women (and men)...and I grew up in a house with them...they are largely pro-life. However, on their side I have not seen their abortion stance often get in the way of the larger Feminism movement. They still line up closely with the Feminist movement and vote in that manner. My guess is that the older women (like my mother) were so aligned with the civil rights movement that they are conditioned to deal with a parts of a platform they are not in love with for the greater good of the movement they believe in.

For my Mom, her weakness is LBGTQ shit. She'll go to her grave not really caring about their plight.
Last edited by Bklyn on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:15 pm

sardis wrote:Oh, and the hysteria over Trump invading Mexico? CNN says he only offered our troops to Mexico, not told him he was sending them in.
That's not how the White House described it. After first denying that the comment was ever made, now they are saying it was just a "lighthearted" threat to wage war against a close ally.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ghthearted

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks. I forgot to cover that one in the list of posts. The amount of times the story changed is not surprising...and shouldn't be. This administration is straight Keystone.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:20 pm

All very solid points...and points to the difficulty abortion plays on people's lives and philosophies. Cletus' experience mirrors exactly CMAC's and his twins. He flipped to Pro-Choice after that experience.
CMAC can show up here if he wants his argument known rather than hiding back in Iowa crying over every Tennessee Titans or Hawkeye loss. Well, I'm sure thats mostly what he's up to, anyway.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Not much else to do in Iowa, so your guess is as good as any.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Heh...just saw a live news report from a reporter in Nogales. During the broadcast, some dude jumped over the wall in Nogales from Mexico, saw the cameras and jumped back over into Mexico.

Maybe the Nogales wall isn't beautiful enough. Yeah, this $20B will be money well spent.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Bklyn wrote:Heh...just saw a live news report from a reporter in Nogales. During the broadcast, some dude jumped over the wall in Nogales from Mexico, saw the cameras and jumped back over into Mexico.

Maybe the Nogales wall isn't beautiful enough. Yeah, this $20B will be money well spent.
It's amusing that you think it would only be $20B.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:46 pm

crashcourse wrote:well since her dad was ben ladens heir apparent unfortunately she was a casualty of being in the middle of an alqueda stronghold

lost a seal in that operation --love how the press and people like you are wanna blame trump for every woe to mankind--I though I was gonna throw up when I saw schumers fake little tears blaming trump for the muslim family he surrounded himself with at the news confermnece.

berfore we get all butthurt over this little girl be interesting to see what the target was whether we got the target and any other associated casulaties to alqueda

but of course you'll go on believeing seal team 6 just murdered that little girl without any provocation and Donald trump was the executioner

I mean we all know seal team 6 is just a bunch of ruthless baby killers
sad
Based on the post-op reporting that is coming out now, it seems like Trump and his team probably need to take some (or a lot) responsibility for the fuck up here. The guys on the ground were put into an impossible situation. And, with some care, could have been avoided. This is just the first of what will undoubtedly be a series of horrific mistakes that cost many lives and lots of money that Trump will make this week.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:38 pm

All of this abortion stuff has truly been enlightening and entertaining, says nobody ever.

Certainly I will show myself to the door..
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Trump's got me listening to a lot of Pink Floyd lately. Some of those re-edited videos of "In The Flesh" from The Wall using Trump campaign footage is pretty cool. Trump does remind me of that cartoon judge at the end of The Wall.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:25 pm

My fav Pink Floyd song:

And I don't own the clothes I'm wearing,
And the road goes on forever,
And I've got one more silver dollar,
But I'm not gonna let 'em catch me, no
Not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:53 pm

[youtube]SahjzZ_sWwI[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Gregg Allman and Cher were in Pink Floyd? Cool...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 pm

I think they were in the Spiders from Mars in that clip.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Today in Alternate Fact Land we learned about the Bowling Green Massacre. I can't wait for tomorrow.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:58 am

Michael Savage has told Trump too much too soon

Pat Buchanan has told him the line in the sand with Iran was a mistake.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:25 am

not sure I understand the timing or logic in rolling back Dodd Frank rule that required brokers to only make deals that are in the best interest of the client and not the brokerage firm.

common sense would say that if a brokerage firm is fucking over clients to pad their wallets, they won't have those clients very long so why is this rule necessary but the optics of it aren't very good coming from a standpoint of having a put the people first platform.

I'd like to know why this was a priority to Trump.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 am

found the answer to my question

--------

During the DOL commenting period, a period where comments could be voiced to help shape the final rule, one concern heard was that the rule would hurt the small investor. It was suggested advisors’ fees would need to increase to cover new requirements from the rule such as new disclosures and to help overcome loss of commissions. Some feared this would steer firms toward exclusively working with higher net worth individuals moving forward and potentially feel the need to fire their small clients to keep up revenue. There was also a concern that smaller clients might decide that paying higher fees for advice wasn’t worth it based on the amount of assets they have. In these cases, the small guy truly could lose, and a recent survey shows that advisors agree with this concern.

According to a recent InvestmentNews article, “The top concern of advisers is that the rule will make it more expensive to serve clients. About 79% of advisers worry this will be the case.” Another consequence? Some financial planners will increase the minimum investible assets a client must have to do business with them. The article also says that “nearly a quarter of advisers said they are likely to increase the amount of assets prospects must have,” leaving smaller clients (those with less than $500,000 in investible assets) with fewer places to turn because, “they’ll need to focus on higher-net-worth clients and the most valuable relationships.”