Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Im sure Obamacare will be fine once Obama's emergency powers kick in.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Saint » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:27 pm

I've said all along that Obamacare is far from perfect but these clowns are the last ones that will be able to improve it. Fuck it, I haven't had insurance for over a year so I'm happy to see everyone else start falling back into my misery pit.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 pm

The Trump prostitute golden showers thing was created on 4chan. So probably cnn is going to wish they didnt run with Buzzfeeds ball.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Obamacare fucked over the middle class - 140 million people screwed to help 20m

And Obama doesn't give a shit

He just wants to be known as the president who implemented landmark legislation. Someone else can fix it.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 pm

My god, this is the greatest troll of all time. The internet has peaked, its over the hill. Nothing will ever top this.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:41 pm

aTm wrote:The Trump prostitute golden showers thing was created on 4chan. So probably cnn is going to wish they didnt run with Buzzfeeds ball.
I just saw that on twitter. lol.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:17 pm

eCat wrote:Obamacare fucked over the middle class - 140 million people screwed to help 20m

He just wants to be known as the president who implemented landmark legislation. Someone else can fix it.
I think he expected it to be step 1 that walked us to single payer.

Heh...let's see how things go for your premiums and costs (and the costs of care overall) after ACA is dismantled.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:17 am

I certainly was hurt by Obamacare but it's not like things got so much worse because of it. Healthcare costs have been too much of a burden for nearly 20 years now. I don't see a way to rein them in without gov't intervention. We're beyond the free market doing its job because too many people view healthcare as a commodity, not an obligation. The ACA just paid off insurance fucks to keep them from torpedoing the whole thing, which in case you haven't noticed, they're in the process of doing now.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:27 am

Bklyn wrote:
eCat wrote:Obamacare fucked over the middle class - 140 million people screwed to help 20m

I think he expected it to be step 1 that walked us to single payer.

Heh...let's see how things go for your premiums and costs (and the costs of care overall) after ACA is dismantled.
it might get worse but considering the current legislation is built on the millennial's footing the cost for the sick and subsidized with no effective penalties for those that don't pay, its already an upside down pyramid scheme.

Fuck Obama and his $2500 savings.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:57 am

It's only horrible if you are totally opposed to single payer or if you have health care stock.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 am

Bklyn wrote:It's only horrible if you are totally opposed to single payer or if you have health care stock.
umm..no

its horrible because middle class America saw a transition in the healthcare they received go from a monthly premium with little or no deductible and affordable co-pays to a monthly premium with an absurd deductible that is designed to make you pay for everything except high dollar procedures. And if anyone dared give their employees a better deal than the government, they were threatened with a tax for having a "cadillac" plan. In order to insure that that Obamacare stayed solvent while developing dependency among the masses to the point that people are screaming about the government taking away "their" healthcare they had to not only subsidize the poor but also the providers - and once the government took it away, it began to collapse.

This is by design as it pushed every American into the same model, due to the mandates of Obamacare - and now the costs of supporting the impoverished and chronically ill are spread across the entire spectrum.

They took this liberal idea that access to health care is a right and tried to push that into a free market system with no caps on expenses while subsidizing the poor to make sure they can be in the game. Its horrible for many reasons - and worse than the fuckjob it put on the middle class, it also created yet another entitlement that Americans think they now deserve from the government demonizing anyone who decries is as a burden to fiscal security of this nation.

A single payer system isn't going to decrease costs, it will just become a political pawn where the government prints more money to keep it afloat subsidizing the poor while using the deductibles as a ways of means testing for everyone else. Right now you get a tax break if medical costs are 10% of your income. That was intended to help the chronically ill. In the very near future the deductible will be 10% of your income. It won't be considered an anomaly.

To add insult to injury ...literally - the health expectancy for Americans declined in 2015 - and this is with no major epidemic like Aids in the mix.

All the while Social Security is on schedule to go belly up in another 20 years.

fuck Obama

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 am

that golden shower prostitute story,

if I am reading it correctly, not only makes McCain look like a petty horses ass but even more disturbing is the CIA bit on it.

Its about the last thing they needed (again, if true this was made up on a hacker site) as Trump has been decrying them as incompetent for weeks.

Looks like they are taking a play from the John Edgar Hoover playbook

-----------------------------------------

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer suggested Tuesday night that U.S. intelligence agencies could “get back at” President-elect Donald Trump after he questioned the legitimacy of the intelligence community’s probe into Russian involvement in the hacking of Democratic party officials.

Appearing on “The Rachel Maddow Show,” Schumer said, “Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday to get back at you. So, even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he is being really dumb to do this.”

“What do you think the intelligence community would do if they were motivated to?” Maddow asked. (RELATED: Report: Russian Operatives Claim To Have Compromising Information On Trump)

“I don’t know, but from what I am told, they are very upset with how he has treated them and talked about them,” Schumer replied.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Health expectancy dropped (for the first time in American history, I believe) for white American men because of substance abuse. That is more related to economic prospects (imo) than it is ACA. I haven't gone back to confirm and get sources, but I remember seeing Rahm Emmanuel's brother (the dude from Cleveland Clinic) say that. I don't know if life expectancy has dropped for other demographics.

On the ACA diatribe you went through, it is my understanding that where we were going with health care as it was, costs were already sky rocketing. It was becoming a serious millstone on the neck of US fiscal success. It is also my understanding that medical costs have gone up, but its rate of inflation has flattened significantly.

I don't know about all of the damage the ACA has done to people's health plans because mine did not change. It was pedestrian before and pedestrian now. I think they did drop optical. Maybe my employer is paying up for it. That I do not know.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Bklyn wrote:Health expectancy dropped (for the first time in American history, I believe) for white American men because of substance abuse. That is more related to economic prospects (imo) than it is ACA. I haven't gone back to confirm and get sources, but I remember seeing Rahm Emmanuel's brother (the dude from Cleveland Clinic) say that. I don't know if life expectancy has dropped for other demographics.

On the ACA diatribe you went through, it is my understanding that where we were going with health care as it was, costs were already sky rocketing. It was becoming a serious millstone on the neck of US fiscal success. It is also my understanding that medical costs have gone up, but its rate of inflation has flattened significantly.

I don't know about all of the damage the ACA has done to people's health plans because mine did not change. It was pedestrian before and pedestrian now. I think they did drop optical. Maybe my employer is paying up for it. That I do not know.
actually something like 8 out of the 10 leading causes of death are up with heart attacks and strokes leading the way. A major cause is obesity - but I think adding to that is a reluctance to get medical attention with checkups and follow ups because what used to be a $15 co-pay is now $125 applied to the deductible plus the full cost the medicine until the deductible is met.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:30 pm

eCat wrote:that golden shower prostitute story,

if I am reading it correctly, not only makes McCain look like a petty horses ass but even more disturbing is the CIA bit on it.

Its about the last thing they needed (again, if true this was made up on a hacker site) as Trump has been decrying them as incompetent for weeks.

Looks like they are taking a play from the John Edgar Hoover playbook

-----------------------------------------

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer suggested Tuesday night that U.S. intelligence agencies could “get back at” President-elect Donald Trump after he questioned the legitimacy of the intelligence community’s probe into Russian involvement in the hacking of Democratic party officials.

Appearing on “The Rachel Maddow Show,” Schumer said, “Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday to get back at you. So, even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he is being really dumb to do this.”

“What do you think the intelligence community would do if they were motivated to?” Maddow asked. (RELATED: Report: Russian Operatives Claim To Have Compromising Information On Trump)

“I don’t know, but from what I am told, they are very upset with how he has treated them and talked about them,” Schumer replied.
The hilarious thing if true, is gonna be how the switch flips immediately from "fake news" being a problem to (Trey Parker and Matt Stone might look like clairvoyants) a witch hunt against internet trolls.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:31 pm

yea thats the first thing I thought of when I read it

the CIA and FBI is going to track these people down that just made them look like idiots.

I'm watching Trumps press conference live

I won't call it fun but its going to be an engaging 4, maybe 8 years. He *loves* press conferences

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:38 pm

OMG, watching that press conference on CNN was great. Trump essentially told their guy (Acosta) to fuck off and Acosta was yelling questions at him while he attempted to choose someone else while also getting in jabs calling CNN "terrible" and "fake news". Then after the press conference was over, there was no discussion of the conference it was just Tapper talking and Wolf Blitzer nodding at his shoulder at every word about justifying everything that CNN has done, and interspersed with garbage about integrity or some nonsense, and then at the end Tapper just threw Buzzfeed right under the wheels of the bus! The CNN post-coverage of the Trump press conference was just to talk about CNN for 10 minutes.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:41 pm

The country might be going down the shitter but man how much more entertaining could it get?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:44 pm

aTm wrote:The country might be going down the shitter but man how much more entertaining could it get?

it was crazy

he's like - hey I'm gonna riff for a bit here, oh by the way , here's a woman you don't know that is a lawyer that is going to read a prepared statement talking about my vast empire

any questions? fuck you, next question?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm

good day , Sir

Mr. President Elect - thats not appropriate!

I SAID GOOD DAY

[youtube]r2joP3-HGGw[/youtube]

he just laid the guantlet down