[youtube]3HbsUs-LU8U[/youtube]

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by Bklyn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Without Billy Corgan the whole thing is fraudulent.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:02 pm

u ok Bkln from the storm?
My Dad is my hero still.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:19 pm

Yeah, we're all good. My kids slept through it all. The worst for me was that I didn't have cable and internet for a few hours between 9pm and 1am on Monday night. So, in the grand scheme of things, shit was not bad for me and the whole fam is very blessed. I'm actually back in the office today...and will be here til about 4am closing a big ass epic deal that is making me hate everyone in my office. Pressure does strange shit to some people. One woman just stopped coming to work and her mother (her mother...and this woman is married) called in for her and said she would need to be out of work for a few weeks...and that was a month ago.

I'll be glad when this shit is signed and I can move on to the next herculean task I have to help execute.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:49 am

" The worst for me was that I didn't have cable and internet for a few hours between 9pm and 1am on Monday night."

Storm of the century! Epic devastation! Internet out for a few hours! Goddamn! Seriously, glad you didn't have any really serious shit happen...

On another note, when I lived in NY, we drove out to Breezy Point one day to hang out. Mostly on the beach right when you cross the bridge, not sure if that is technically Breezy Point right there, but we did drive down to the end where all the houses were destroyed as well. Kinda quite and out of the way (way out of the way, actually), can't imagine what that community is going thru now...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:33 pm

insurance has to be a bitch around there

hurricanes
plane crashes
lost 20 plus from there on 9/11

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:39 pm

hedge wrote:" The worst for me was that I didn't have cable and internet for a few hours between 9pm and 1am on Monday night."

Storm of the century! Epic devastation! Internet out for a few hours! Goddamn! Seriously, glad you didn't have any really serious shit happen...

On another note, when I lived in NY, we drove out to Breezy Point one day to hang out. Mostly on the beach right when you cross the bridge, not sure if that is technically Breezy Point right there, but we did drive down to the end where all the houses were destroyed as well. Kinda quite and out of the way (way out of the way, actually), can't imagine what that community is going thru now...
That whole story is heart breaking. They lost a few people to the 9/11 tragedy, then a couple of months later a plane takes off from JFK and gets caught in the wake of an earlier departing plain and crashes onto Breezy Point and now 80 homes get burned down during Sandy. They're like Peter Brady in the touching Hawaii episode with the cursed talisman that made Greg Brady fall off his surfboard.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:27 pm

Goldsboro has one.
Saint wrote:there's a place here called Western Sizzlin. I thought it used to be a chain but the only other one I've seen is in the next town. it's a leftover '70s-style steak joint where you take the tray through the line and get drinks and maybe strawberry shortcake and turn in your order. they have a big salad bar and a buffet so you get a little 4 oz. steak with potato, Texas toast and tea along with the buffet, which is basically country cooking. the fried pork chops are pretty good though. the whole thing is just $11 each, except tip. That's why there are so many fat people in this town.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:21 pm

The hotel I stay at in Puerto Rico has three restaurants, Ruth's Crist, a Japanese restaurant and an Eyetallian restaurant. But I was passing a Ponderosa at lunch one day and decided to stop for some real American food. I could almost drink the steak. Disgusting.
Let 'er Blow!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 am

[youtube]cKm1FkdsDOI[/youtube]

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:54 pm

I love how this video conveniently doesnt show the medical staff who had to treat the sliders throughout the course of the video shoot

props to the sliders who caught enough air to hit the 3rd pool
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 pm

the chick who did the whole "play the trailer to the fat guys cab" role in the slide definitely caught a bad one. They didn't even show them come off the ramp...

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:52 pm

U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:53 pm

LMAO
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:55 am

damn,

Hostess shut down their plants nationwide due to not resolving a union strike. 18,500 jobs lost, twinkies and ding dongs shut down - at least temporarily.

I"m a Little Debbie guy anyways but I hate to hear it - I did like Hostess Peach pies.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:00 am

Not only did the union cost everybody their jobs, but I heard that of the 18,500 workers that will be laid off, the strike was only with 5000 in the bakers union and that the rest of the unions sided with management.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:18 am

yea, I read that too. I think they were bolstered by other unions supporting them outside of Hostess.

I'm pro union but when your company filed for bankruptcy 3 times in the last decade, calling their bluff isn't a smart move.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 am

Unreal that 5000 jackoffs could cause everyone else to lose their job. This hits home. My aunt works for the hostess plant here in Columbus, IN. She has been there for a long time and I believe works in the office now. She started in the factory and worked her way up.

In this economy, what makes you think you could pull this off?

And of course, my cubicle neighbor is all about the unions. I asked him what the union will do for these 18000 workers now. He had no response. He didn't care much for mine when I said unions are stupid now, serve no purpose, and right now have screwed over a bunch of people that just wanted to work.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 pm

BigRedMan wrote:Unreal that 5000 jackoffs could cause everyone else to lose their job. This hits home. My aunt works for the hostess plant here in Columbus, IN. She has been there for a long time and I believe works in the office now. She started in the factory and worked her way up.

I'm sure this does hit home but not because of your aunt. It's because you won't be able to stuff ye jowls with Snowballs, HoHos, Twinkies and those orange cupcakes now. This is probably the worst news you've ever received...

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 pm

YOU GOD DAMN RIGHT IT IS!!!
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.