Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:01 am

Is this real? I gotta say, this doesn't make a lot of sense, the PS line is particularly hilarious.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/h...KK#.xqk99XyRGG

Mr. James Comey

FBI Director

November 2, 2016

I am the 15-year-old (now 16) who was the victim of Anthony Weiner. I now add you to the list of people who have victimized me. I told my story originally to protect other young girls that might be a victim of online predators.

Your letter to Congress has now brought this whole matter back into the media spotlight. Not even 10 minutes after being forensically interviewed with the FBI for seven hours, I received a phone call from a REPORTER asking for a statement. Why didn't you communicate with the local FBI agents that I had just spoken to? They could have scheduled our interview sooner or scheduled a time to interview me later, or change locations of the interview. My neighborhood has been canvassed by reporters asking for details about me.

In your letter, you chose to use a vague approach, meaning the media had to keep searching to try and find out what evidence you had uncovered and how. Every media outlet from local to national has contacted me and my family to get my "story." Why couldn't your letter have waited until after the election, so I would not have to be the center of attention the last week of the election cycle?

In his "cooperation" with you and with his love of the spotlight, Anthony Weiner has given information that led to the media finding me. You have assisted him in further victimizing me on every news outlet. I can only assume that you saw an opportunity for political propaganda.

I thought your job as FBI Director was to protect me. I thought if I cooperated with your investigation, my identity as a minor would be kept secret. That is no longer the case. My family and I are barraged by reporters' phone calls and emails. I have been even been blamed in a newspaper for causing Donald Trump to now be leading in some polls and costing Hillary the election.

Anthony Weiner is the abuser. Your letter helped that abuse to continue. How can I rebuild my life when you have made finding out my "story" the goal of every reporter? When I meet with my therapist next time, she will already know what we are going to talk about before I get there by reading Friday, October 28th, 2016's New York Times article.

I may have been Weiner's victim, but the real story here is that I am a survivor. I am strong, intelligent, and certain that I will come out from under this nightmare, but it will not be as a result of your doing your job to protect me. I hope that by making my letter to you public, you will think about how your actions affect the victims of the crimes you are investigating. The election is important, yes, but what happened to me and how it makes me feel and how others see me, is much more important. It's time that the FBI Director puts his victims' rights above political views.

Girl that lost her faith in America

P.S. To all reporters: AP, FOX, CBS, NBC, and all other media outlets, please respect my position and stop interrupting my life!
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:08 am

She's a footnote to history
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:22 am

She writes well for a 16 year old.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:25 am

yea I thought the same thing

a big jump from "ur so funny"
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:16 am

one thing I firmly believe

The NSA has those 33000 deleted emails.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:16 am

If she wins, it all goes away like a fart in a whirlwind.

American people scream about holding people accountable, unless it is a woman candidate than we are all just racist women hating cavemen who support a man just like us.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:19 am

For such a precocious teenager, how did she let herself get involved with Weiner in the first place?

As far as all these "leaked" emails, if Hillary goes down over this, it's just going to be the tip of the iceberg. Bitter libs with any computer skill will be hacking repubs from now until doomsday. It will be the new normal...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:38 am

BigRedMan wrote:If she wins, it all goes away like a fart in a whirlwind.

it may but the NSA has so much shit on Hillary (and everyone else) - she isn't going to tell them what to do. She may end up president and that might be the best thing for the NSA - unlimited budget and no intervention from the executive branch

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:28 am

eCat wrote:Brooklyn

What are your views on Margaret Sanger?

I've read her quotes and they can be interpreted in more than one way.

The Planned Parenthood lady? I don't know a lot about her beyond what has been thrown around lately with respect to Hillary Clinton.

As far as my opinion...I view her roughly the same as I view any white person born in the late 19th century/early 20th century. Just like all New Yorkers are a little bit Spanish and a little bit Jewish. Old white people are all a little bit racist and a little bit ignorant of history and human behavior.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:28 am

Bklyn wrote:

The Planned Parenthood lady? I don't know a lot about her beyond what has been thrown around lately with respect to Hillary Clinton.

As far as my opinion...I view her roughly the same as I view any white person born in the late 19th century/early 20th century. Just like all New Yorkers are a little bit Spanish and a little bit Jewish. Old white people are all a little bit racist and a little bit ignorant of history and human behavior.

I asked because of her Eugenics belief. Farrakhan and Ben Carson both support the idea that she viewed abortion as a way to decrease the African American population.

in a sense that's true. The question is did she also believe it to reduce the Caucasian,Asian, Latino and American Indian population as well. She was very big on creating the superior race of human.

Was she racist in that regard? Alot of people think so, even the more "rural" types I converse with.

That said, Martin Luther King accepted an award from Planned Parenthood with her namesake I believe and she hired african american doctors to act on her Eugenics beliefs.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:30 am

Old white people's lives matter!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 pm

Trump is in Selma, NC tonight, which is about 30 minutes from where I live. Hillary is in Greenville, NC tomorrow, about 15 minutes from where I work...

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:37 pm

eCat wrote:
Bklyn wrote:

I asked because of her Eugenics belief. Farrakhan and Ben Carson both support the idea that she viewed abortion as a way to decrease the African American population.

in a sense that's true. The question is did she also believe it to reduce the Caucasian,Asian, Latino and American Indian population as well. She was very big on creating the superior race of human.

Was she racist in that regard? Alot of people think so, even the more "rural" types I converse with.

That said, Martin Luther King accepted an award from Planned Parenthood with her namesake I believe and she hired african american doctors to act on her Eugenics beliefs.
Yeah, I just think she was fucked up all around. I'm not too hard on her for the eugenics bullshit. It was racist, but back then it was viewed as real science.

Like I said...white people born during that time get a sort of a pass from me.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:33 pm

All old people (and most young people) - not just white - are racist. The question is, simply, to what degree and how well they're able to hide it.

I am pretty anti-racist myself. Except for the goddamned no-account Irish.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:05 am

True, my Mom (who grew up in and around Philly) doesn't trust about any white person. She was the daughter of a domestic, though, so she spent a decent amount of time on "the other side of the tracks" after school waiting for my grandmother to finish work. Her treatment and my grandmother's treatment by people impacted her to this day.

My Dad was raised in southwestern Georgia in the 40s. My family has owned about 100 acres down there for a few generations (no idea how they were able to keep it without it being ripped away by government fuckery...but I do come from a blessed bloodline). My Dad is probably the least racist person I know. Seriously. It boggles the mind, a bit.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:53 am

The most racist friend I have towards people of color is black himself. He has said some things that are, well, uncomfortable. He doesn't say them ironically or to be funny, usually, either. What's funny is, and I have told him this to his face, if he were white I would have ended our friendship over the things he said long ago. So, now he keeps quiet about such things, but I still grapple with whatever defect I personally have that made what he said more tolerable because he was black himself.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:18 am

That is interesting. So, he was a bit of an Uncle Ruckus?

I guess, if I think about it, if I knew a Jewish dude that was overwhelmingly harsh and vile in his views of Jews and their customs, actions and overall culture I would probably not be emotionally gut-punched (for lack of a better way of putting it)...but I do wonder if I would keep any friendship in place.

I do have a half white/half Italian (did that on purpose) gay friend who is constantly complaining about white people. He's the biggest "white people are so..." person I know. Hands down. He's also hilarious, though (and my kids love him), so I never push back on some of his more "out there" pronouncements. It also helps that he doesn't go into that mode around my kids. I'm trying my best not to enter too much of the toxic part of this fake construct of "race" into my kids just yet.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:19 am

Oh...and how I wish this allegation that Gloria Allred is paying bitches to accuse Trump of shit is true. I would love to see her sanctimonious, holier than thou ass taken down.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:50 am

I don't get the Uncle Ruckus reference.

He is a surgeon who is the son of a surgeon. Family was from Michigan. He went to med school at Michigan. He just does and says things that are out there. For example, we often appointed a scribe to take notes as he made rounds. He always specifically asked my manager over that dept for white scribes because he didn't want to wait for "CPT" - my manager made it a point to send him a black employee to take notes because she didn't want it to appear that we were capitulating. I thought he was joking for some time. I learned he wasn't, though.
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:19 am

What is CPT?