Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:47 am

Owlman wrote:
Professor Tiger wrote:What's done is done. The bridge was partially blocked. We don't know if Christie ordered it, or whether his aides went rogue.

AT THIS POINT WHAT DOES IT MATTER???!!!"

This is a phony scandal.
The feds are involved because the bridge is interstate channel of commerce. If it were a bridge solely within New Jersey and a state highway, they wouldn't be involved with this. A govt. official intentionally blocking a channel of interstate commerce as part of a pattern of punishing enemies or opponents would be a violation of federal statute. Unless one of the underlings turns though, then I don't think Christie will be indicted. Somebody though is going down for this.

If they find that there is a pattern of punishing people by govt officials involving federal interests, then it may violate RICO statutes.
Preet Bahrara, US Attorney for the Southern District of NY, is now investigating David Samson (Christie's bagman). Bharara is 80-0 vs. Wall Street inside traders, 5-0 vs. Big Banks and is 57-0 in public corruption cases.

Bharara was one of the ones who just met with David Wildstein.

Once people start talking, who knows what the feds will uncover? Wildstein's attorney seems to hint at kickbacking, influence peddling and bribery.

Remember - the Monica Lewinsky scandal started as an investigation into Whitewater.

There's a real chance of Christie going to prison.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:06 am

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Even the wacko greenies in Kalifornia understand the situation better than the gnob-gobbling brothers, Brock and tick.....

In the suit filed Friday in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California, the environmental groups asked a judge to issue an injunction to stop construction of North Sky River. They argue that the BLM had violated the federal Endangered Species Act and other environmental laws by failing to adequately consider the impact of the wind farm on condors, golden eagles and other protected wildlife when it leased the project site to NextEra, the Florida-based energy developer.

“An existing wind project adjacent to the North Sky River Project site, Pine Tree Wind Farm, which is owned and operated by the Los Angeles Department of Power and Water, has one of the highest avian fatality rates in the nation,” the suit states. “The North Sky River Project will utilize more turbines than the Pine Tree facility, and the North Sky River Project site contains better riparian and foraging habitat for eagles and other avian species than the Pine Tree site. Fatality rates for the North Sky River Project are expected to equal or exceed those reported for the Pine Tree site.”
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:12 am

Wildlife advocates are increasingly insisting wind farms be held accountable to protections in the Endangered Species Act and Migratory Bird Treaty Act. To date, the federal government has turned a blind eye to routine killings of endangered birds by wind turbines.

“Green groups are finally starting to realize that their pet energy projects have real environmental impacts,” said Daniel Simmons, director of regulatory and state affairs at the Institute for Energy Research. “Everyone knows that wind turbines kill birds and bats, but for far too long, many environmentalists have given wind turbines a pass.”

To date, the federal government has turned a blind eye to routine killings of endangered birds by wind turbines.

Shazamm!!!111

"held accountable"? It would be nice if someone around here would look this up...
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:44 am

Why does Toe hate wildlife?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:57 am

The Birdman of PNN.

At least he has a little dignity when he gets his panties in a twist over Benghazi
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 am

But what the hell...I'll play.
Toemeesleather wrote:

“Green groups are finally starting to realize that their pet energy projects have real environmental impacts,” said Daniel Simmons, director of regulatory and state affairs at the Institute for Energy Research. “Everyone knows that wind turbines kill birds and bats, but for far too long, many environmentalists have given wind turbines a pass.”

Shazamm!!!111
Institute for Energy Research (aka American Energy Alliance): the CEO and founder of IER is Robert Bradley, better known as the former director of policy analysis for Enron and former speechwriter for Ken Lay. Bradley is now committed to keeping the government from regulating carbon. His 2003 book, Climate Alarmism Reconsidered, argues that carbon dioxide "is not a pollutant but a building block of a living and vibrant biosphere."

IER's chief donors are Exxon, KBR, and trusts set up by Koch Industries. Also on the IER payroll is former Virginia Sen. George "Macaca" Allen and Thomas Pyle, a former policy analyst for former Rep. Tom DeLay before becoming director of federal affairs for Koch Industries

Well Gol-leeee!!111

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:52 pm

bluetick wrote:But what the hell...I'll play.
Toemeesleather wrote:

Shazamm!!!111
Institute for Energy Research (aka American Energy Alliance): the CEO and founder of IER is Robert Bradley, better known as the former director of policy analysis for Enron and former speechwriter for Ken Lay. Bradley is now committed to keeping the government from regulating carbon. His 2003 book, Climate Alarmism Reconsidered, argues that carbon dioxide "is not a pollutant but a building block of a living and vibrant biosphere."

IER's chief donors are Exxon, KBR, and trusts set up by Koch Industries. Also on the IER payroll is former Virginia Sen. George "Macaca" Allen and Thomas Pyle, a former policy analyst for former Rep. Tom DeLay before becoming director of federal affairs for Koch Industries

Well Gol-leeee!!111
[youtube]YWyCCJ6B2WE[/youtube]
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Are Christie's days numbered? Bridgegate plotter David Wildstein cooperates with federal prosecutors

David Wildstein, the Port Authority figure at the center of the George Washington Bridge scandal, has met with the US Attorney's investigators
So has Charlie McKenna, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's former chief legal counsel and a longtime confidante
The 'Bridgegate' plot was an apparent effort to stymie traffic entering the George Washington Bridge as political payback against a Democratic mayor
US Attorney Paul Fishman, who succeeded Christie in the job, is probing the governor and his staff; Christie says he knows nothing
Christie's job and presidential ambitions hang in the balance as former aides weigh testifying and he waits to see if their memories clash with his

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2yK4gaxQ0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Maybe the GOP Establishment will re-open their recruitment.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 am

Jeb Bush is getting a lot of play.

Clinton vs Bush... deja vu all over again.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Same result as well...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:31 pm

bluetick wrote:Jeb Bush is getting a lot of play.

Clinton vs Bush... deja vu all over again.
Jeb's wife is Mexican-American, so that may cut into the Dems domination of that vote, but his position on immigration and some other issues may cost him with the Redneck Wing, making it a wash.

Meanwhile, considering how his daddy (half assed a war, created a recession) and brother (lost 2 wars, created a depression) left office, it will make the Dem message maker's job easy - "Do we really want another Bush?"

Couple that with the generally good feeling about the times under Clinton (economic boom and blow jobs in the White House) and it won't be a contest.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Applications for US Jobless Aid Dip 32K to 300,000

WASHINGTON (AP) - The number of people seeking U.S. employment benefits dropped to the lowest level in almost seven years, falling 32,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 300,000.

The Labor Department said Thursday that the four-week average of applications, a less volatile measure, fell 4,750 to 316,250.

Fewer Americans sought benefits last week than at any point since the Great Recession began at the end of 2007. Applications are at their lowest level since May of that year.

Applications are a proxy for layoffs. The decrease suggests that employers expect stronger economic growth in the coming months and are holding on to their workers.

Employers added 192,000 jobs in March, the Labor Department said last week, That follows gains of 197,000 in February, as the unemployment rate stayed at 6.7 percent for the second straight month.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Speaking of 2007....U.S. military deaths in Iraq that year totalled 889, and in Afghanistan 111 for a total of 1000.

Sad to say there have been 15 U.S. military deaths in Afghanistan through April 1 of this year, but that too is a major improvement in the intervening 7 years.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Yeah, I know. "At this point WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!"

tin soldiers and Clinton coming
we're finally on our own
this summer I hear the drummin'
4 dead in Ben-ghai-zo

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Hiring Colbert is a declaration of war on the United States, says fat, drug-addicted, thrice-divorced, college dropout

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/stephen-colbe ... 00633.html

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm glad the government is taking over the healthcare system so we can end corruption...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/political ... 37053.html

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:04 am

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... n-patients

I see that some of the posters here have had their prayers answered.
Let 'er Blow!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:37 am

Yeah, they can scratch that one off their donor card...