Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:55 am

well except all those people around her that...you know...die

I don't like Ted Cruz

but that said, I'm not going to judge the quality or lack thereof in a person running for office because of their lack of political detractors.

Lindsay Graham is a guy that garnered 0% in polls running for president. He couldn't even get the margin of error so what he says for or against anyone doesn't mean a whole lot other than it validates that the people are outright rejecting status quo GOPe politicians.

I don't want 4 years of Trump

I just don't want 8 years of Hillary or the GOPe.

I never want that ever again. If a Trump election is a wake up call to the rest of America that we have to redefine the status quo, then that's a good thing.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:04 am

That has been my take the entire time. Trump brings chaos. Chaos brings change on both sides of the aisle. It has to. It forces them to start listening to people. This is why he should win. If she wins, just rinse and repeat the last 8 years.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:10 am

At the very least we can expect Hillary to do for sexual equality what Obama has achieved in race relations during his term.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 am

aTm wrote:At the very least we can expect Hillary to do for sexual equality what Obama has achieved in race relations during his term.
heh
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:56 am

I agree. Expose it.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:59 am

BigRedMan wrote:Chaos brings change on both sides of the aisle. It has to. It forces them to start listening to people.
Heh...history has not shown that to be the case.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:06 am

as a little kid, I never knew we were considered poor - mainly because we had what everyone else around us had , and I guess poor is relative. It was degrees of poverty. My bike came from Kmart, my friends bike was bought at Sears. Sears? That's because your daddy has a good job! The reality was there was probably $15 difference in the price of the bikes. But $15 in 1975 was probably a weeks worth of meat on the table for dinner. But we both had bikes. Only the kids who couldn't have bikes must have been poor.

I read a story this weekend where a group interviewed people who made salaries between $22K and $200K and they all defined themselves as middle class. That was interesting to me because whenever I hear some standard number as a cutoff to who gets funding ..like I attended a college admissions presentation on Saturday and their person said that anyone who gets accepted to her school and their family makes less than $80K pay no tuition - and I'm like what the fuck! That's not fair.

At the other end of the spectrum, the $22K people, - I believe it to be pride thing - I'm working, I have a full time job and its not McDonalds, so therefore I am middle class.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:26 am

The region plays a part, too, but you're right in the fact that a lot of it is mental. On the flip side, today's internet age and social media in particular has also exposed a lot more people to what "rich" looks and feels like. So, while some people view "middle class" relative to their neighbors, others are looking at Instagram pages of redone kitchens, international trips and meals consisting of small portions on big plates in envy with virgin eyes. Depending on where your lens is pointed, you are feeling pretty solid or poor as shit.

Some of my contemporaries are rich enough for me to fully understand that I still have some wood to chop to make it to 1%. It doesn't keep me up at night, though. My wife spending like I am one of my friends, however...

I remember a decade ago it was reported that a little more than 10% of the people in the country viewed themselves as in the 1%. The 1% like it that way.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:45 am

Fuck Mike Brown. Cheap ass motherfucker

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Owlman wrote:
eCat wrote:talk to Nate Silver about polls and Donald Trump
He has a very good reputation on polling and was very accurate in 2012. On his website right now: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 ... -forecast/

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton Donald Trump
77.7% 22.3%

Right now, he has Clinton predicted to win Florida, NC, Virginia, Penn, Ohio, Michigan, Colorado, New Mexico, Iowa and even New Hampshire
http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/26/silve ... eld-today/

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:01 pm

Leaked documents with sensitive FBI data exclusively obtained by Breitbart Texas reveal that 7,712 terrorist encounters occurred within the United States in one year and that many of those encounters occurred near the U.S.-Mexico border. The incidents are characterized as “Known or Suspected Terrorist Encounters.” Some of the encounters occurred near the U.S.-Mexico border at ports-of-entry and some occurred in between, indicating that persons known or reasonably suspected of being terrorists attempted to sneak into the U.S. across the border. In all, the encounters occurred in higher numbers in border states.

Some of the documents pertain to the entire U.S., while others focus specifically on the state of Arizona. The documents are labeled, “UNCLASSIFIED/LAW ENFORCEMENT SENSITIVE” and contain data from the FBI-administered Terrorist Screening Center, the organization maintaining the Terrorist Screening Database, also known as the “Terror Watch List.”

The leaked FBI data are contained in a fusion center’s educational materials, specifically the Arizona Counter Terrorism Information Center’s (ACTIC) “Known or Suspected Terrorist (KST) Encounters Briefing” covering from July 20 2015 through July 20 2016. The leaked documents are composed of 10 individual pages, but Breitbart Texas chose to release only nine of them due to page 10 containing contact information for ACTIC.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/09/ ... -targeted/

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Makes sense. Our intelligence agencies work extremely hard on identifying individuals that could do us harm. As a result, there are many people in this country who have trouble flying, all because they share a name with a suspected terrorist. They don't want the country to know because our illusion of safety has legitimate merit. It's the same with US companies and cyber security. They work hard to identify threats and thwart them...and work even harder to not tell consumers the amount of attacks they are under on a daily basis.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:00 pm

apparently Silver's website says differently now.

Not sure whats going on with that Dailycaller article

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:02 pm

Why did you lie, Daily Caller?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:24 pm

They update every hour it seems.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Most of this poll volatility is just clickbait and media hype used to keep ratings high.

Well, except for eCat who's seemingly given up on whatever news comes out about these candidates...outside of goofy websites.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:51 pm

If we're not raising a bunch of pussies...

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/hofstra-unive ... ial-debate

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:13 pm

So then we should build a wall? What about tunnels?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:19 pm

I'm watching football instead of the debate.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:21 pm

UT - UF replay is on. Almost half time.
Let 'er Blow!