Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:41 am

Not a damn thing wrong with Runaway. Gene Simmons was the bad guy in that and was awesome.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:16 am

Toemeesleather wrote:2002 Peach Maryland 3-30 L
2003 Peach Clemson 14-27 L
2009 Chick-fil-A Virginia Tech 14-37 L
2010 Music City North Carolina (2 OT) 27-30 L
2011 zip
2012 zero
2013 nada

I'm talking eeeeeeeeepocccch.
Who follows GA Tech for its football anymore? If you're really smart, you go there for a superb STEM education, period. If you're not that smart, young and single, the only reason to go down there is to hang around the Varsity trying to meet geeks with huge earning potential.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:48 am

Putin told the Ukrainians that, if they like their country, they get to keep it.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:07 am

Kerry said the US reaction to the invasion would be small, very small, unbelievably small.
Let 'er Blow!

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:14 am

Acolytes of the Church of AGW not only are wrong about the climate, they also can't seem to settle on the gloom and doom of running out of crude oil. These crude supply graphs are a dime-a-dozen prior to 2009.

Yet now, no thanks to stimulus or the NLRB or Obammacare, we are on the verge of leading the world in crude production......what was it acolyte tick said?

Crichton had some misses of his own.

How many misses does the Church of AGW get?

Jed Bailey, an expert on Latin American energy markets, says nobody was predicting the near-simultaneous spike in energy supply from Canada, the United States and Mexico as recently as 10 years ago, and it's prompted "a rather marked shift in how the world thinks about energy and how the world thinks about North America's role in energy markets."

The main engine behind the continent's rise has been its use of new technology, starting late in the last decade, that taps into oil and gas reserves found in underground shale rock formations — what's been dubbed a "shale revolution" — led by the United States.

Combined with Canada's development of its tar sands (the source of the oil that would be transported via the proposed Keystone XL pipeline), technological advancements in deep-water oil drilling (think Deepwater Horizon), and Mexico's recent energy reforms aimed at developing one of the biggest untapped oil reserves in the world, it's leading some experts to hail the arrival of a "new Middle East" when it comes to energy.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:58 am

These must be hard times for the theologians of Man Made Global Warming Religion. I can imagine all those poor liberal college professors east of the Mississippi, preaching daily sermons on the imminent combustion of the planet, to classes full of students who just trudged through 3 feet of snow and subzero temperatures to get to class.

"Who are you going to believe? Computer models created by Greenpeace, or your lying skin?" must be a tough sell.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Even Mexico can admit long held (80+ years) mistakes.....Don't hold yer breath waiting on the MSM (Dept. of Propaganda) to do same.

The Mexican Senate approved the most far-reaching oil reform in 75 years on Tuesday, opening up Mexico’s $95 billion-a-year oil industry to private capital. In a building ringed by thousands of security forces, the ruling PRI party and the opposition PAN voted to pass the politically controversial reform, overriding the strong opposition by the leftist PRD party lawmakers who displayed a gigantic banner in the center of the hall reading: “NO TO PEMEX’S PRIVATIZATION.” Pemex is Mexico’s state-own oil monopoly.

“The historical significance of the reform is enormous. This is a paradigm shift in the Mexico hydrocarbons sector, with a meaningful role for the private sector permitted for the first time since the 1930s,” Duncan Wood, President of the Woodrow Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute, told me.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:33 pm

For the first time in 6 weeks I couldn't hold my shit in long enough to make it to the toilet. Watch your step.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Here comes El Nino, with big effects on the world's climate:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

Salient quote:
An El Nino is a warming of the central Pacific once every few years, from a combination of wind and waves in the tropics. It shakes up climate around the world, changing rain and temperature patterns.
From the above description, it doesn't sound like human activity causes the cycles of El Nino (and La Nina) That begs a serious question for the manmade global warming college of cardinals: Does human activity cause the cycles in El Nino and La Nina? If so, how? If not, then here is a perfect example where a huge variable in the global climate is not caused by human activity, and further evidence that MMGW is a hoax.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:04 pm

BlueTick,
Crichton had some misses of his own.
Sure. But that is not his point. His point is that science doesn't (nor should it) give a damn about consensus. Ever. It only cares what is right and what is wrong. Or at least it should.

Global warming is a political issue. It is not a scientific one. It was never a scientific one. That is main reason why those who are politically motivated by it will never allow a scientific debate on what they believe to be the accepted consensus. Those who believe in Global Warming, or Global Cooling, or man-made climate change all share the consensus on one thing (politically....)

The Western Nations (more specifically the United States) are too rich. The 3rd World is too poor. That's racist. Lets find a way to give the 3rd World a leg up financially by fucking the United States in the ass economically.

That is basically the whole purpose to the consensus of man-man climate change. Hurt the wealthiest nations by forcing them to consume less resources OR force them to pay a tax to be given to the savages. Man-man-climate change creates the consensus from which this goal could be best achieved.

Fuck everything else you could ever say or think on this matter that is accepted by consensus.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:52 am

Easy to see why the NYT is all in w/Hurricane Obamacare:

Ideally, President Obama would not have extended the period for retaining the less-comprehensive policies, but in the current political environment, he opted to take a step to protect health care reform against a Republican takeover in the Senate.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:02 am

Charts are for dorks

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:09 am

Only dems (in safe states/districts) and the MSM see this and call it success.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:07 am

Uninsured Rate Drops; Healthcare Law Cited

Washington (AP) - With just three weeks left to sign up under President Obama's health care law, a major survey tracking the rollout finds the uninsured rate keeps going down.

The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, released Monday, found that 15.9 percent of U.S. adults are uninsured thus far in 2014, down from 17.1 percent for the last three months - or calendar quarter - of 2013.

That translates roughly to 3 million to 4 million people getting coverage.

Gallup said the share of Americans who lack coverage is on track to drop to the lowest quarterly level it measured since 2008, before Obama took office.

The survey found that almost every major major demographic group made progress getting health insurance, although Hispanics lagged.

If any of that makes it to Faux News, it'll probably sound something like "Latino healthcare jam means obamacare is toast."
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:39 am

A Republican, in a wheelchair, entered a restaurant one afternoon and asked the waitress for a cup of coffee. The Republican looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus sitting over there?"

The waitress nodded "yes," so the Republican requested that she give Jesus a cup of coffee, on him.

The next patron to come in was a Libertarian, with a hunched back. He shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea. He also glanced across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus over there?"

The waitress nodded, so the Libertarian asked her to give Jesus a cup of hot tea, "My treat."

The third patron to come into the restaurant was a Democrat on crutches. He hobbled over to a booth, sat down, and hollered, "Hey there honey! How's about getting me a cold mug of
Miller Light?" He too looked across the restaurant and asked, "Isn't that God's boy over there?"

The waitress nodded, so the Democrat directed her to give Jesus a cold beer. "On my bill," he said loudly.

As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Republican, touched him, and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Republican felt the strength come back into his legs, got up, and began to praise the Lord.

Jesus passed by the Libertarian, touched him, and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Libertarian felt his back straightening up, he raised his hands, he too began to praise the Lord.

Then, Jesus walked towards the Democrat, just smiling. The Democrat jumped up and yelled, "Don't touch me ... I'm on disability!"
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:39 am

"or the first time in 6 weeks I couldn't hold my shit in long enough to make it to the toilet."

Damn, that must be a record for you...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:46 am

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:57 am

Dick Cheney is fired up that oprama has apparently lost the Crimea. And with the consulate at Benghazi still smoldering... he believes we are perceived as weak and extremely vulnerable, moreso than any other time in recent memory.

Dick's memory must fade in and out. The loss of the Twin Towers and a huge chunk of the Pentagon surely ranks up there in the top three of recent bad shit happenings that call into question our ability to defend our interests. Or so one would think.
"Don't touch me...I'm on disability!"
lol That one is always gold.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:18 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Global warming is a political issue. It is not a scientific one. It was never a scientific one. That is main reason why those who are politically motivated by it will never allow a scientific debate on what they believe to be the accepted consensus. Those who believe in Global Warming, or Global Cooling, or man-made climate change all share the consensus on one thing (politically....)

The Western Nations (more specifically the United States) are too rich. The 3rd World is too poor. That's racist. Lets find a way to give the 3rd World a leg up financially by fucking the United States in the ass economically.

That is basically the whole purpose to the consensus of man-man climate change. Hurt the wealthiest nations by forcing them to consume less resources OR force them to pay a tax to be given to the savages. Man-man-climate change creates the consensus from which this goal could be best achieved.

Fuck everything else you could ever say or think on this matter that is accepted by consensus.
Got it. Eleven thousand climate scientists are on the 3rd world "savage's" payroll. And you forgot the Sierra Club, so that's an extra 79 cents in the pocket of every one of those money-grubbing meteorological hoaxsters.

Yeah, they're really clobbering Big Oil and Big Industry politically. Lessee... says here Exxon Mobile made $45 bil in profits last year and kept it's title as World's Most Valuable Company. Is that really your idea of "financially fucked up the ass"?

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:03 pm

That's just Obama payin' off his oil buddies by keeping the price so high.
Let 'er Blow!