Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:49 am

Both religion and man made global warming are faith based. It's just that religion acknowledges it.

More evidence that global warming isn't happening. Here's an article with photos of the polar ice cap growing 544,000 square miles last year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -year.html
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:53 am

Not to mention that ship of hapless global warming scientists who sailed down to the antarctic to study the disappearance of ice. Their ship got stuck in that "disappearing ice" caused by climate change and had to be rescued.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:57 am

President Barack Obama played golf Sunday on a private California course owned by supporter Larry Ellison, the billionaire co-founder of the Oracle software company.

Ellison ranks third on Forbes' annual list of the 400 richest Americans, with an estimated $41 billion fortune.

His 249-acre desert property in Rancho Mirage came with a 19-hole private golf course. The extra hole is available for playoffs.

The White House said Obama's foursome included childhood friends Bobby Titcomb, Greg Orme and Michael Ramos.

Obama spent the weekend in California after meeting Friday at a resort with Jordan's king. His wife and daughters are skiing in Colorado.....

Everyone must sacrifice, well unless you are Michelle Obama. Michelle Obama, her kids and entourage arrived in Aspen, and shut down the airport. People were pissed off, and the media just shrugged. The media has been silent about Michelle Obama’s lavish ski trip to Aspen, and shutting down the airport for her entourage. It’s been just three weeks since Michelle Obama returned from a 24 day vacation in Hawaii. But with Hussein in California golfing and flying in pals from Hawaii, Michelle Obama didn’t want to get cheated out of her own vacation. So she took the kids and her entourage to Aspen Colorado for a skiing trip.

No doubt they'll be lecturing us on income inequality and what a great job they're doing on the economy within a few days.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Get over it already. You lost to a negro.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Twice

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:39 pm

And next comes the PAH

"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Actually, she's had better hair days.

For example:

"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:19 pm

"The White House said Obama's foursome included childhood friends Bobby Titcomb"

He has a childhood friend from Kentucky?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
Owlman wrote: Kinda like Wesley Snipes in New Jack City
That was a cool movie.

So North America was Columbus' Carter projects. Sounds like a doctoral thesis title waiting to be written.
not quite. He barely made it to North America mainland in 4 visits. Missed Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Miss, Alabama, Louisiana and Texas. Not even Costa Rica. So I'd say Panama only is the Columbus' Carter projects
My Dad is my hero still.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 pm

All part of the "New World".
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:06 am

I would like to live in a "new world" without you in it...

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 am

Wasn't new.
My Dad is my hero still.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:24 am

O, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't!

'Tis new to thee.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:39 am

From California....

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:59 am

Arizona business leaders urge Governor Brewer to veto a law passed in Arizona that, very similar to the failed Kansas law, would make it legal for business owners to refuse service to gays on 'religious grounds'

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... z2u9ZPOVs7

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:19 am

Is there a religion out there that says gays should be shunned? Are the gonna ask for a law permitting them to follow their religious rites of stoning people?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:30 am

The heat makes peoples crazy.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Right now, gays are not a protected class. The Court (SCOTUS) has gone through great pain to say that they aren't a group deserving of heightened scrutiny. This was eventually going to change simply looking at the difference in the view of gays of those over 50 and those under 30. 5 years ago, I can remember telling my class that it'll take 20 years. Now, I think it'll be 5 or less. Why? Because the more Conservatives pass special laws targeting gays, the more likely that the Courts will have to step in to protect them. Laws like this will backfire in the long run.
My Dad is my hero still.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:37 pm

aTm wrote:Is there a religion out there that says gays should be shunned? Are the gonna ask for a law permitting them to follow their religious rites of stoning people?
I don't believe that there are any religious books that mention the word "homosexual" or "homosexuality." There are religious books that discuss the sexual acts of men fucking other men (and men fucking animals) but there isn't much on the concept of "sexuality."

The act of sexual congress between the same gender (or beastiality) is shunned.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:07 pm

So, getting away from gay sexuality . . .

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/crime/ ... 224702.php
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes said Tuesday the state intends to appeal a federal judge's decision that struck down key parts of the state's polygamy laws.

Officials had been saying the decision was pending. But on Tuesday, Reyes confirmed his plan is to challenge the December ruling.

The Dec. 13 ruling was a victory for the polygamous family that stars in the TLC reality TV show "Sister Wives." Kody Brown and his four wives sued Utah in 2011 after a county prosecutor threatened to charge them under the state's bigamy law. They live in Las Vegas.

Reyes said he's waiting for the judge to issue a final order on the ruling before he makes his final decision. The ruling isn't in jeopardy of being changed, but it has yet to become official because of several unresolved, procedural issues.

It's too soon to say whether his office would seek additional funds or outside attorneys for the appeal, Reyes said. The state is already spending up to $300,000 to bring in outside attorneys to defend its same-sex marriage ban before a federal appeals court.

One of the procedural issues holding up the case has been settled now that the Browns have decided it won't ask the courts to be paid back for costs incurred when they fled Utah to Nevada.

Jonathan Turley, the Browns' Washington, D.C.-based attorney, said the family only wants a federal judge in Utah to finalize the ruling. The family reserved the right to ask for attorney's fees.

Turley said having to leave their homes in Utah cost the family at least $200,000. That includes money lost by having to leave jobs and the costs of health care and moving, he said. But Turley said in an email that the Browns didn't want to make the case only about them or their personal sacrifices.

"Plural families across Utah have faced losses under the threat of this law," Turley said. "This was never about money for them; it was about principle."

The Dec. 13 decision by U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups was a landmark decision and a victory for the Browns, who sued Utah in 2011 after a county prosecutor threatened to charge them under the state's bigamy law. Waddoups said a provision in Utah's bigamy law forbidding cohabitation with another person violated the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees the freedom of religion.

The ruling decriminalizes polygamy, but bigamy — holding marriage licenses with multiple partners — is still illegal. Utah's law was considered stricter than the laws in 49 other states because of the cohabitation clause.

If the ruling stands, Utah's law would be identical to most other states that prohibit people from having multiple marriage licenses. In most polygamous families in Utah, the man is legally married to one woman but only "spiritually married" to the others.

Kody and his wives — Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn — said they hope the landmark ruling stands and enables other polygamous families in Utah to live openly without fearing prosecution.

The family's decision not to ask to be paid back was first reported by FOX affiliate KSTU in Salt Lake City.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."