THE OG SSG

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:02 pm

why should he be given 4 years? He took over Brooks program and was named coach in waiting for like 2 years. His first year with a solid team he couldn't match Brooks typical record
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:17 am

eCat wrote:why should he be given 4 years? He took over Brooks program and was named coach in waiting for like 2 years. His first year with a solid team he couldn't match Brooks typical record
UK football is not UK Basketball. Until you realize that it will keep bothering you.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Brooks was a 6 game winner.

With scheduling 3 cupcakes in the OOC schedule, if Joker can't win 3 against SEC, then he has to go
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 pm

eCat wrote:why should he be given 4 years? He took over Brooks program and was named coach in waiting for like 2 years. His first year with a solid team he couldn't match Brooks typical record
you're on to something....w/ the majority of football players being redshirted, he gets 5 years...one complete recruiting cycle to allow all the "recruiting" assts. he's brought in the time they need to make their mark for him

even if he trends backward for a year or two, i've got to believe the better recruiting will eventually pay off (though it could end up being for the next coach)

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:03 pm

According to a source, Tony Parker — a 6-foot-9 270-pound center from Lithonia, GA (Miller Grove HS) — is currently on campus at the University of Memphis to sit down with the Memphis staff, making this his third unofficial trip to Memphis. The first trip for Parker came last year when the talented big-man visited on December 23rd for the Tigers’ game against Georgetown at the FedEx Forum.

“It was a great environment,” Parker said of his visit last December. “The city was great. The gym is huge and the fans are so supportive of their home team.”

Parker also visited Memphis earlier this summer for a University of Memphis “Power Hour” where players pay a NCAA mandatory $15 for a one-hour instructional session of workouts and drills.

Other than Memphis, Parker has also visited Duke, Georgia, and Georgia Tech. Parker averaged 12.7 points and 9.6 rebounds per game for his Georgia Stars team at the 2011 Nike EYBL Peach Jam in North Augusta, SC.

Parker, a true 5 man on the court, has a soft touch around the basket and can hurt you with an arsenal of low-post moves. He is almost unstoppable once he has position on his defender, and rebounding comes easy for him because of his size and his ability to move those around him out of his way.

At the NBPA Top 100 camp in June, Parker told Memphis Roar, “I’m just looking for an all-around great school, somewhere where I can have fun and really work on my game.”

Adding to that, Parker spoke specifically on his feelings about Memphis and head coach Josh Pastner.

“It’s just a great school,” Parker said. “[Josh] Pastner is great and it is one of my top schools; one of my schools that if I could commit tomorrow I probably would.”
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Cats rule wrote:esp. if it's a saturday game
When the fuck else would it be?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:59 pm

SEC basketball usually plays a sat/wed sched.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 pm

I thought that he was talking about football. Fuck. Don't get in my way of fucking with UK fans.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:42 pm

DooKSucks wrote:I thought...

there's your problem.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:38 am

DooKSucks wrote:I thought that he was talking about football. Fuck. Don't get in my way of fucking with UK fans.
#1- Why would you think I was talking football when the sentence read that "UK vs. Bama should be a good game"? Are you that dim? I think, yes, which leads me directly to my second point:

#2- You're not bright enough to "fuck w/ UK fans". I would tell you to stick w/ ncstate fans (where you have the built in advantage of being a fan of the "big brother school" to help prop you up), but hell, auggie's been wearing your ass out so bad lately you may want to forego the attempted smack talk altogether.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm

He is almost unstoppable once he has position on his defender
He essentially is, actually, if he averages less than 13 pts a game as center.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Artest to play in London.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... ay-team-uk

"I thought, 'Where can I go to play ball and enjoy myself?' "

Artest is going to show those fuckers how to properly riot!

"I went on Jimmy Kimmel in my underwear, so, of course I would do a soap opera," Artest said, according to the newspaper. "Hands down. When they told me I had the opportunity and asked if I wanted to do a soap opera, I said, 'Of course, man.' I'm not going to run away. When I was a kid, I wanted to be on TV. Why would I run away from being on TV?"

"One reason I want to go to Finland is it's the cleanest country in the world," Artest said, according to the Times. "I want to experience that. I'm amazed by that. ... That's the future. I think I want to come back to America with that experience. I want to tell everyone my experience about how they're treating the Earth. It's very important to me."

"If people want to play the best defensive player of the game, come to the U.K. I'm going to be right there," Artest said, according to the newspaper. "I'm not chasing anybody. If teams want to play one of the best defenders in the history of the NBA on the wing, come to the U.K. I'll be right there. I'm going to be right there. I'm not going to other countries. I'm from New York City. I play in L.A. U.K is a big country. I'm going to fit right in.
THE OG SSG

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Look, the Lahana Civic Center brackets are nice, but what we want are the MAUI brackets. How many times do we have to go over this?
THE OG SSG

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:14 pm

don't make me taunt you a second time!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:24 am

Anybody wanna play a drinking game where you drink when you spot a national media member (specifically one affiliated with a partner in "The Longhorn Network") bashing A&M?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:56 am

Don't worry aTm, I'll be with you once UC gets its SEC invite.
THE OG SSG

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Question for UNC fans...

Is UNCnut on the Scout boards a reliable source?

He's reporting that Dillon Maples walked off the football field after practice today and announced that he was signing with the Cubs.

He was going to pitch for the baseball team and kick for football if he went to school.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:42 pm

You're asking about a kicker?