Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Toemeesleather
Senior

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Hurricane Obamacare is nowhere near complete in terms of damage it will do to the economy or trust in the next dem. Whether it's the PAH or not, they will have to answer to the Hurricane and it's effect in '16.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Thing is, she has a huge lead NOW and she hasn't lifted a finger or batted an eye. She has a huge lead and she hasn't tapped a dime from what'll be the biggest war chest ever conceived. Umm..think people might be ready for a third Clinton term after what has transpired the last 13 years? Any doubts that the mainstream media won't coronate her early, often, and late? She'll steamroll 270 electorals before the networks are out of the family hour.

2016 will be an epic beatdown...truly one for the books.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 pm

The latest ABC News-Washington Post poll has Christie in third place - with the support of 13 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents - behind Rep. Paul Ryan with 20 percent and former Florida governor Jeb Bush at 18 percent. The rest of the scattered pack includes Sens. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio, who are at 12, 11, and 10 percent, respectively.

Epic.

10ac
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Yep, we've reached the tipping point. It's all down hill from here.

On a lighter note: http://news.yahoo.com/iraqi-militants-a ... 52321.html

LMAO
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:14 pm

" Paul Ryan with 20 percent"

Good lord. If the 'Pubs nominate that mewling little nerd, they deserve whatever they get...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:01 am

bluetick wrote:The latest ABC News-Washington Post poll has Christie in third place - with the support of 13 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents - behind Rep. Paul Ryan with 20 percent and former Florida governor Jeb Bush at 18 percent. The rest of the scattered pack includes Sens. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio, who are at 12, 11, and 10 percent, respectively.

Epic.
The scary part for the GOP is that the Asian & Latino numbers for 2008/12 mirror the black numbers in 1956/60 - significant, but not ridiculous. In 1964 the GOP ran nut job Goldwater, 95% of blacks voted Democratic and have never been under 85% since. If the GOP runs a racist/misogynist/Bircher - which is basically most of the guys they're talking about now, Asians and Latinos will become a permanent 85%+ for Dems, as well.

In a situation where the percentage of white voters shrinks by 1%-2% every cycle, can the GOP expect to survive by conceding 90% of the non-white vote?
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 am

ObamaCare" is useful shorthand for the Affordable Care Act not least because the law increasingly means whatever President Obama says it does on any given day. His latest lawless rewrite arrived on Monday as the White House decided to delay the law's employer mandate for another year and in some cases maybe forever.

ObamaCare requires businesses with 50 or more workers to offer health insurance to their workers or pay a penalty, but last summer the Treasury offered a year-long delay until 2015 despite having no statutory authorization. Like the individual mandate, the employer decree is central to ObamaCare's claim of universal coverage, but employers said the new labor costs—and the onerous reporting and tax-enforcement rules—would damage job creation and the economy.

Liberals insisted that such arguments were false if not beneath contempt, but then all of a sudden the White House implicitly endorsed the other side. Now the new delay arrives amid a furious debate about jobs after a damning Congressional Budget Office report last week, only this time with liberals celebrating ObamaCare's supposed benefits to the job market.

Well, which is it? Either ObamaCare is ushering in a worker's paradise, in which case by the White House's own logic exempting businesses from its ministrations is harming employees. Or else the mandate really is leading business to cut back on hiring, hours and shifting workers to part-time as the evidence in the real economy suggests.

Under the new Treasury rule, firms with 50 to 99 full-time workers are free from the mandate until 2016. And firms with 100 or more workers now also only need cover 70% of full-time workers in 2015 and 95% in 2016 and after, not the 100% specified in the law.

The new rule also relaxes the mandate for certain occupations and industries that were at particular risk for disruption, like volunteer firefighters, teachers, adjunct faculty members and seasonal employees. Oh, and the Treasury also notes that, "As these limited transition rules take effect, we will consider whether it is necessary to further extend any of them beyond 2015." So the law may be suspended indefinitely if the White House feels like it.

By now ObamaCare's proliferating delays, exemptions and administrative retrofits are too numerous to count, most of them of dubious legality. The text of the Affordable Care Act specifically says when the mandate must take effect—"after December 31, 2013"—and does not give the White House the authority to change the terms.

Changing an unambiguous statutory mandate requires the approval of Congress, but then this President has often decided the law is whatever he says it is. His Administration's cavalier notions about law enforcement are especially notable here for their bias for corporations over people. The White House has refused to suspend the individual insurance mandate, despite the harm caused to millions who are losing their previous coverage.

Liberals say the law isn't harming jobs or economic growth, but everything this White House does screams the opposite.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 am

If the GOP runs a racist/misogynist/Bircher - which is basically most of the guys they're talking about now, Asians and Latinos will become a permanent 85%+ for Dems, as well.
The description "racist/misogynist/Bircher" is a bit overstated. Cruz comes the closest. It doesn't describe Ryan, Bush or Rubio at all.

But I agree with the broader point that the GOP had better play nice with Hispanics or court long term disaster. The cooler heads in the GOP know this, which is why many of them (including ALL the Establishment-approved ones) are desperately trying to find a way to grant them legal status.

Hispanics (especially the recently arrived ones) could have become an R constituency rather than a Dem one. They tend to be very devout Catholics, whereas the Dem's are openly hostile to Catholicism (as well as all religion except Islam). Hispanics tend to prize the traditional family, whereas the Dem's do not. Hispanics tend to work their butts off to create their own private sector wealth and dream of starting their own businesses. The Dem's are much more passionate about redistributing wealth rather than creating it.

But I agree that a lot of R's have been dreaming out loud of deporting all 15 million of them, and that has taken its toll. Despite some GOP delusions of mass deportations, illegals aren't going anywhere. Even if they don't vote, their large number of children and huge number of grandchildren, will. The more they gather around the dinner table and Mamacita tells her children, "The Republicanos? They're the ones that tried to send Abuelo and Abuelita back to Mexico. They are very mean. Don't vote for them, ninos." the R's are toast.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:24 am

Any doubts that the mainstream media won't coronate her early, often, and late?
heh. I've been trying to find the SNL spoof of the Hillary vs. Obama debates. They weren't much of an exaggeration. For that brief moment, Hillary discovered what it's like to be a Republican 24/7/365.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:40 am

"Hispanics (especially the recently arrived ones) could have become an R constituency rather than a Dem one. They tend to be very devout Catholics, whereas the Dem's are openly hostile to Catholicism (as well as all religion except Islam). Hispanics tend to prize the traditional family, whereas the Dem's do not. Hispanics tend to work their butts off to create their own private sector wealth and dream of starting their own businesses. The Dem's are much more passionate about redistributing wealth rather than creating it.

But I agree that a lot of R's have been dreaming out loud of deporting all 15 million of them, and that has taken its toll. Despite some GOP delusions of mass deportations, illegals aren't going anywhere. Even if they don't vote, their large number of children and huge number of grandchildren, will. The more they gather around the dinner table and Mamacita tells her children, "The Republicanos? They're the ones that tried to send Abuelo and Abuelita back to Mexico. They are very mean. Don't vote for them, ninos." the R's are toast."

So, based on your assessment, you're saying Hispanics are stupid as hell. Yeah, that's the way to attract em...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:45 pm

No, I'm not saying that at all.

I'm simply saying that if a big part of the GOP remains as obsessed with deporting millions of illegal aliens, they and their descendants will not like that obsession and will vote accordingly. To a degree, I don't blame them.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Just to a degree? If what you say is correct and a big part of the GOP wants to deport them, to what degree COULD you blame them for not voting GOP?? To the degree that the GOP is, e.g., anti-abortion? Whoop tee do. What good is GOP-mandated changes in American law if they're sitting in Mexico?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Simply put, hispanics are nacho average gop voter. Too flighty...here today, gone tamale.

nod to psa

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:47 pm

They were handing out government cheese and two guys broke in line and stole some and took off running. They ducked into an alley and started eating it. One guy said "This is some good nacho cheese", the other guy says "how do you know it's nacho cheese?" and the first guy says "the guy I broke in front of started chasing me and he was yelling "Hey, that's nacho cheese!!"

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Let 'er Blow!

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 am

there's nothing to see here, move along

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:41 am

Maybe we can outsource the Presidency to the Canadian PM...

http://news.yahoo.com/canadian-governme ... NlYwNzcg--

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 pm

I wonder how much is being spent on their "military".
Let 'er Blow!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:31 pm

If we could balance the budget outside of military spending, I'd be in hog heaven.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:58 pm

The posts from the looney-tunes who follow this site are 2 parts hysterical and 1 part scary.