Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:22 am

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:I think Hilary will win by a lot. People ultimately will be too scared to vote for Trump and the Dems are more likely to fall in line behind Hilary than the GOP is to back Trump. Then we'll have 4 years of the GOP spending a lot of time and energy and money trying to bring her down. I'd almost rather just see utter annihilation due to Trump than deal with that.

I think it's time for the GOP to return to its Buckleyan roots and forget about the country types they've been courting since the Reagan years. Go high and mighty and get away from these idiots with a bible in one hand and the constitution, neither of which they understand. Too many country lawyers have been elected to state houses across the country that have little fundamental understanding of the conservative ideology set forth by Buckley in the early '60s and instead are just loading up on whatever the Limbaughs, O'Reillys and Hannitys are babbling about.

they're getting educated on that by Trump - not the conservative ideology but being manipulated by Fox News.
U
The conservative voter today hates, democrats, RINOs and the media.
Yep. Just a bunch of angry old white men

that doesn't mean they're wrong
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:59 am

Hatred isn't right or wrong, it just is...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:21 pm

hedge wrote:Hatred isn't right or wrong, it just is...
why is it hatred to want the best for your country and the people that are citizens of it?

[youtube]SNy4ixHFrdI[/youtube]
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:35 pm

crashcourse wrote:conan to me is the best right now
or tape one of the later guys and watch that
show I'd like to see more of is maya and martin
I met Conan yesterday. Nice guy. Tall.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:52 pm

eCat wrote:
why is it hatred to want the best for your country and the people that are citizens of it?

Because fear drives hatred and that drives decisions that aren't always the best for the country. Like everything in life, immigration issues in a country full of immigrants is a complex issue. When petty emotions take center stage, the decision-making process takes a back seat. What we mainly lack in this country is the ability to inform ourselves and make solid decisions.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:28 pm

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:

Because fear drives hatred and that drives decisions that aren't always the best for the country. Like everything in life, immigration issues in a country full of immigrants is a complex issue. When petty emotions take center stage, the decision-making process takes a back seat. What we mainly lack in this country is the ability to inform ourselves and make solid decisions.

there are no petty emotions involved in the idea that illegal immigration is keeping wages artificially low for non skilled working Americans.

We won't take care of the homeless people we have now, yet certain leaders in this country want to let Mexico and Central America just dump their impoverished onto us and let it be our problem. This isn't 1868 where the country was primarily agricultural and it was wide open space. We needed immigrants then to help grow the country then. What we didn't have back then is a government sponsored safety net that provides food and housing for every American citizen living below a certain income. We have something like 92 million people out of the workforce right now.

There is nothing too complex to understand about pushing for strict controls on immigration that we can control. The immigrants we need now better have an engineering or medical degree.

Instead of looking at our country and asking if we have room for immigrants, or thinking we have some obligation to take them because we have a statue talking about give us your tired, your poor, ..... we need to be holding Mexico and Central Americas feet to the fire for why they haven't been building a country that can support their own citizens, given we have shipped millions of jobs down there.

They actively push their citizens to come here and then send money back.

We don't have Mexican Americans, we have Mexicans in America.

As for Muslims, as I said before, when a chinese guys start shooting up a place or plants a bomb while praising Buddha, then I'll stop focusing on Islam as a threat to Western culture.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:38 pm

Chinese guys are sending heroin our way. Why are you giving them a pass?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:56 am

Saint wrote:Chinese guys are sending heroin our way. Why are you giving them a pass?
I don't have to worry about a heroin bomb blowing up a school

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:08 am

33 dead at Virginia Tech by a guy named Seung Hui-Cho.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:23 am

South Korean and raised Christian

random nutjob

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:12 am

eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:Chinese guys are sending heroin our way. Why are you giving them a pass?
The heroin epidemic (and i'm sure it's in your schools and neighborhood right now) is orders of magnitude worse than any terror threat you might face (given where you live, this threat is approximately zero).

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:20 am

Cletus wrote:
eCat wrote:
The heroin epidemic (and i'm sure it's in your schools and neighborhood right now) is orders of magnitude worse than any terror threat you might face (given where you live, this threat is approximately zero).

its been there for a long time - its apples and oranges.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:33 am

eCat wrote:
Cletus wrote:
eCat wrote:

its been there for a long time - its apples and oranges.
Yes, one is really important and killing millions of Americans and the other is not.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:25 am

"The heroin epidemic (and i'm sure it's in your schools and neighborhood right now) is orders of magnitude worse than any terror threat you might face (given where you live, this threat is approximately zero)."

Yes, but it's kinda hard to expect the government to fix this problem since they are virtually entirely the cause of it and certainly the greatest economic (to say nothing of political) beneficiary of it...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:33 am

Actually, death by heroin overdose (in fact, death by all illegal drugs combined overdose) doesn't even approach a million a year, but it's still a big problem. Now if you want to talk about tobacco, that really is killing millions of people every year, to say nothing of the multi-billions a year it costs in treatment. Good for the tobacco companies and medical services professions, yes. Everybody else, not so much...

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:59 am

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_ ... vceEX.dpbs

drug deaths cause more deaths then car accidents every year. --and really there is no specific entity that does cause a million deaths a year-cardiovascular 3/4 million and cancer 1/2 million are the two leaders. 46,000 drug deaths a year both prescription and non prescript. lot more then I thought.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:13 pm

I would guess death by prescription drugs is way more than by illegal drugs. Hell, is there any illegal drug besides heroin and cocaine that are even lethal?

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Owlman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:15 pm

meth
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Owlman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:22 pm

my personal advice to Presidential candidates:

Hillary Clinton: Admit you made a mistake on the emails, you did not send any emails labeled directly as confidential, if there were emails that had some confidential emails down in the chain, it was a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes and "I made one." Everyone makes mistakes but the key to being President is when you make a mistake, you learn from it. You then make a plan so that you don't make the mistake again and develop a policy that it won't happen again and when "I am President, I will implement a re-look at our data systems and make sure it is updated to fit all new technology so that this doesn't happen again."

Donald Trump: kids take away his twitter account and then study
My Dad is my hero still.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Forgot about meth, although I think the heyday of meth (and cocaine) is over, while heroin and opiates are on the rise...