Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Owlman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 pm

105 year old plaques are not revisionist. This is just one that is wrong.
My Dad is my hero still.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:52 am

Heh. The dipwad complaining about 'his taxes subsidizing that inaccuracy"....the change in his pocket was probably the cost of that artifact.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:04 am

"Putting things in perspective:

March 21st 2010 to October 1 2013 is 3 years, 6 months, 10 days.

December 7, 1941 to May 8, 1945 is 3 years, 5 months, 1 day.

What this means is that in the time we were attacked at Pearl Harbor to the day Germany surrendered is not enough time for this progressive federal government to build a working webpage!

Mobilization of millions, building tens of thousands of tanks, planes, jeeps, subs, cruisers, destroyers, torpedoes, millions upon millions of guns, bombs, ammo, etc. Turning the tide in North Africa, Invading Italy, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Race to Berlin - all while we were also fighting the Japanese in the Pacific!!

And in that amount of time - the Obama administration can't build a working webpage." ........
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: the Lincoln plaque:

“Any student who walks by that – it’s miseducation in its purest form, whether intentional or not,”

That seems odd, the idea of a pure (indeed, purest) form of misinformation...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Tea Partier Jerome Corsi: Sex is Not for Fun! (Read a Book Instead)

[youtube]TGAWL8vQAyA[/youtube]

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:31 pm

I wasn't signing up anyway.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:38 pm

In Key Shift, US Oil Production Tops Net Imports: Associated Press - MSN Money
http://money.msn.com/investing/news.asp ... d=17104538

WASHINGTON (AP) - For the first month in nearly two decades, the U.S. in October extracted more oil from the ground than it imported from abroad, marking an important milestone for a nation seeking to wean itself off foreign oil.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:41 pm

These days, when news is often bad, that is some really good news.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Does this mean gas will be going for less than a buck a gallon?
Let 'er Blow!

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Let 'er Blow!

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:19 pm

sardis wrote:History revisionists at work.

http://thecollegefix.mobify.me/post/15283/
Charlie Kirk must've had a slow day. Ive seen a picture of the plague...it's obviously been there a while, unaltered. The text is in all caps, so it probably was meant to read "democrat" with a lower case 'd'.

Kirk scoffed at the notion the word “Democrat” on the plaque simply refers to Lincoln’s social advocacy, as campus officials have asserted. He notes the Democratic Party was active when the plaque was dedicated in 1905, citing President Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat who served in the White House from 1913 to 1921, as one example

Ok, one, yes the Democratic Party was active in 1905...LOL...but Illinois was a heavily Republican state back then and Teddy Roosevelt was in the White House when this plague was dedicated. So he's accusing period Democrats of building a statue to Lincoln and then lying about him being in the Democratic Party? And nobody caught on till his crack investigation? And what's citing Woodrow Wilson as an example got to do with anything?

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:46 am

bluetick wrote:Tea Partier Jerome Corsi: Sex is Not for Fun! (Read a Book Instead)

[youtube]TGAWL8vQAyA[/youtube]

Why women should not be allowed to vote.... ever.

[youtube]0MejkH61o_U[/youtube]
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:28 am

bluetick wrote:In Key Shift, US Oil Production Tops Net Imports: Associated Press - MSN Money

WASHINGTON (AP) - For the first month in nearly two decades, the U.S. in October extracted more oil from the ground than it imported from abroad, marking an important milestone for a nation seeking to wean itself off foreign oil.

You can't make this sh!te up!!! From the article....Although domestic oil production has been growing since Obama took office, most of the expanded production has been on private and state lands that the federal government doesn't control.

LMAO....try to take credit for something you have absolutely NOTHING to do with, hell, you even block/delay/dissemble the Keystone project. Maybe progressives should work as hard to delay the clusterfuck that is ObammerCare like they do carbon. Hell, even the NBCCBSABCCNNs are ignoring it because it's too much of free-market expansion.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:36 am

NEW TALKING POINT ANNOUNCED BY WHITE HOUSE:

Start talking about oil!!!!111111

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:57 am

Democrats weathered the government shutdown by standing united. And even as ObamaCare stumbled through a rocky rollout, Democratic lawmakers remained largely in sync with the administration even as they expressed disappointment about the flawed health exchange website.

Yet ObamaCare's flaws have proven to be far more serious than a few poorly written lines of software code. Lingering problems with the site, combined with fresh concerns about rising premiums and Americans being pushed off their existing health care plans, have further eroded the law's political standing, prompting congressional Democrats to begin putting more daylight between themselves and the White House.

The latest criticisms are far more pointed though, focusing not only a technological screw-up, but on the president's very credibility.

Obama vowed that people who liked their existing health plans would be able to keep them under ObamaCare, though that claim has proven to be false. Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) — who, notably, faces a tough re-election campaign next year — introduced a bill last week that would smooth over that politically perilous contradiction. Called the "Keeping the Affordable Care Act Promise Act" (zing!), the bill would allow people in the individual insurance market who meet certain criteria to keep their existing plans, even if those plans don't meet ObamaCare's rigorous new standards.

The bill attracted a couple of expected co-sponsors in Sens. Mark Pryor (Ark.) and Kay Hagan (N.C.), both of whom are also up for re-election in red/purple states next year. But it also curiously drew the backing of solidly blue state Democrats Sens. Dianne Feinstein (Calif.) and Jeff Merkley (Ore.), indicating that critiques of the law are no longer limited to anxious swing-staters with an eye on 2014. Rather, Democrats from the left, too, are feeling the pressure to fix the law — and soon.

A private meeting between the White House and House Democrats Wednesday "became heated when rank-and-file members expressed frustration about continued ObamaCare problems," according to CNN's Dana Bash.

The testy meeting came one day after Bill Clinton said Obama "should honor the commitment the federal government made to these people [who have lost their old plans] and let them keep what they got." Coming from such a respected party leader, the remark "provided air cover for lawmakers to increase pressure on the White House to come up with a fix," wrote Politico. Emboldened by Clinton's harsh words, House Democrats "issued a stern warning to the administration officials: Fix it or face a full-scale rebellion."

ObamaCare's glaring failings have greatly eroded the president's standing with the American people, giving Democrats ample reason to back away from the president. A Quinnipiac poll Tuesday found that Obama's approval rating had dipped to an all-time low of 39 percent, and that for the first time in his presidency, a majority of voters said they didn't trust him.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:
bluetick wrote:In Key Shift, US Oil Production Tops Net Imports: Associated Press - MSN Money

You can't make this sh!te up!!! From the article....Although domestic oil production has been growing since Obama took office, most of the expanded production has been on private and state lands that the federal government doesn't control.

LMAO....try to take credit for something you have absolutely NOTHING to do with, hell, you even block/delay/dissemble the Keystone project. Maybe progressives should work as hard to delay the clusterfuck that is ObammerCare like they do carbon. Hell, even the NBCCBSABCCNNs are ignoring it because it's too much of free-market expansion.
I looked again to make sure...it says US oil production, not "oprama oil production." Yer obsession is showing again.

You need to get out more, toe. Maybe read some books; take in more movies. Put politics on the back burner for awhile.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:08 pm

In fairness, you don't really have to get out to read a book or watch a movie...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:21 pm

bluetick wrote:
Toemeesleather wrote:

I looked again to make sure...it says US oil production, not "oprama oil production." Yer obsession is showing again.

You need to get out more, toe. Maybe read some books; take in more movies. Put politics on the back burner for awhile.

Your desperation is showing more than a democratic senator facing re-election in '14.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:15 pm

oprama has heard toe's objections wrt the ACA and has just this hour adjusted accordingly. Folks can keep even the shittiest of plans through (the elections of) 2014.

Finally. So can we now get back to Benghazi, Syria, domestic spying, and the stormtroopers at the IRS?

THE_WIZARD_
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Nebraska

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Hello dumbasses.
THE_WIZARD_. Internet legend and all around good guy. STFU.