Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:58 am

BAM!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: College Football

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:25 am

hedge wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:09 am "Michigan will also not repeat. And that is not a knock on Harbaugh."

Esp. since he's coaching the Chargers now...
fair
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Dave23 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:17 pm

As in…its “fair” to say your football knowledge rivals your baseball knowledge…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:08 pm

A+

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:44 pm

Dave23 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:17 pm As in…its “fair” to say your football knowledge rivals your baseball knowledge…
Still waiting for anyone here to tell me why professional baseball has outlawed wooden bats if it is NOT because aluminum bats would make professional baseball... ridiculous? Because I already know (WE already know) that they would. And when I say ridiculous, what I mean is that baseball would cease being America's past-time, something of which we are all romantic, and it would morph into bullshit like... cricket.

You know Dave, you sound to me like a European or a South American telling me that soccer is a real, legitimate sport, when we both know half of the players on these teams are more interested in their modelling contracts or their followers as influencers than they are in actually, winning games. There is bullshit, there are narratives, and there is the truth. Please don't try and sell me bullshit just because you work as a timeshare salesman.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:56 pm

Aside from your embarrassing error that “professional baseball has outlawed wooden bats” in your above post, aTm has already taken far too much time explaining to you that aluminum bats are not, and have never been, outlawed.

The rules state that bats must be wood. Period. Saying aluminum bats are outlawed is the equivalent of saying wiffleball bats are outlawed. Neither are outlawed, because they aren’t specifically addressed. When the rules were written, aluminum bats did not exist. There’s a reason the rules haven’t been updated since then to address aluminum bats…because there’s no need. Bats must be wood. It’s not difficult.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:35 am

Are titanium bats outlawed?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:36 am

"what I mean is that baseball would cease being America's past-time"

I wish you would cease being America's retard...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:56 am

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:18 am

Dave23 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:56 pm Aside from your embarrassing error that “professional baseball has outlawed wooden bats” in your above post, aTm has already taken far too much time explaining to you that aluminum bats are not, and have never been, outlawed.
Embarrassing? Yeah sure.
Dave23 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:56 pmThe rules state that bats must be wood. Period. Saying aluminum bats are outlawed is the equivalent of saying wiffleball bats are outlawed. Neither are outlawed, because they aren’t specifically addressed. When the rules were written, aluminum bats did not exist. There’s a reason the rules haven’t been updated since then to address aluminum bats…because there’s no need. Bats must be wood. It’s not difficult.
It IS that difficult (for YOU at least) because you are not dignifying exactly WHY the bats MUST be wood. It ties into the fact that the inside of the wooden bat may NOT be filled with cork. There is a damn good reason for that, a reason that makes professional baseball, watchable. Its the exact reason why college baseball (with the inclusion of aluminum bats) is as pointless, ridiculous, and silly as wiffle ball. (Your word)

People who make big money from sports (the people who OWN all the sports) have to constantly work with some centralized authority who oversees it to tweak and alter the rules. And they may even change those rules from year to year. The NFL is notorious about that because they want to do everything they can to make sure their sport remains the most watched sporting event in the entire world. And that might mean changing a rule, and then changing it back the very next year after watching how that change impacted television. And these decisions to dramatically alter the rules ad nauseum are based on truth and reality, not by what you or I or anyone may think is right. Truth and reality don't give a fuck about what is right or wrong.

I think you are a good guy Dave, I really do, but I don't think you fully understand the difference between what people think is right, what a narrative is (like the bullshit I read here about wooden bats and the money it costs to buy them has some impact on a rule that all bats must be wood), and what reality and the truth is when it pertains to sports. Smart people who want to preserve sports figured out truth and reality a long time ago and set up some pretty good rules around those things to preserve the integrity of the sport, rules that you can't properly define why they exist. And that is problem.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:43 am

"Smart people who want to preserve sports figured out truth and reality a long time ago"

Obviously truth and reality don't give a fuck about what you think...

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:39 pm

Big booty hoes.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:45 pm

hot take

if you are getting paid $9m to coach college football, then you need to STFU about how hard the NIL is making your job

quit like Saben did.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:54 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:45 pm hot take

if you are getting paid $9m to coach college football, then you need to STFU about how hard the NIL is making your job

quit like Saben did.
That's correct.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 03, 2024 9:38 am

Kentucky has to wipe out the 2021 season - a 10-3 campaign with a win in the citrus bowl because unknown to them (the NCAA even says as much), 11 players were being paid for no-show jobs

in the NIL era..............

every school represented here would have fought it

UK just rolls over. Football doesn't mean as much as they say it does in the state
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:24 pm

Still never had a losing season.

Big booty hoes.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:07 pm

A culture of not winning a playoff game in 10 years. We’re turning into the Cowboys

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:40 pm

Y'all are going through it right now. Ouch.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:21 pm

sardis wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:07 pm A culture of not winning a playoff game in 10 years. We’re turning into the Cowboys
That's not Mike's fault.
Big booty hoes.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:52 pm

Kadarius Toney cut.
Big booty hoes.