Post by 10ac » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh....
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by bluetick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:59 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Any attack on Syria may have unforeseen and/or adverse consequences.
Your points are well taken, especially the part about how we should fear retaliation from Larry Assad and his bake-sale military. Even though according to some (okay, all) sources our armed forces are the wealthiest conglomerate in the known universe. But hey, if we're still a few carrier groups short of hanging with this tinpot thug, then we really should call the whole thing off.

And really, we probably should call it off anyway - what with this protracted and bizarre national referendum/soul-search over what our action should or shouldn't be. I'll be happy to concede that oprama is no Harry Truman...or even Margaret Truman for that matter. This toe-in-the-water BS is not leadership and is unworthy of someone bearing the title Commander in Chief. Syrian forces should bee sifting through rubble we created a week ago...
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

10ac
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:05 am

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said the United States is considering only an “unbelievably, small, limited” strike on Syria as punishment for allegedly using chemical weapons and he insisted military action will not end that country’s civil war.

“We’re not going to war,” Mr. Kerry told reporters Monday after meeting with British Foreign Secretary William Hague in London. “We will be able to hold [Syrian President] Bashar al-Assad accountable without engaging troops on the ground or any other prolonged kind of effort, in a very limited, very targeted, very short-term effort that degrades his capacity to deliver chemical weapons without assuming responsibility for Syria’s civil war. That is exactly what we are talking about doing; an unbelievably small, limited kind of effort.”
Why bother?
Let 'er Blow!

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 am

is not leadership....

That HAD to make you feel better. Well done!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 am

Here's some good news on the (real) jobs front.....too bad the Minister of Propaganda disallows this stuff in the MSM. BUT, note the final cautionary sentence....It's still an uphill battle w/this administration who would still prefer to waste money on windmills.

A number of reports recently have indicated that the oil and gas industry is responsible for a major increase in employment. The Energy Information Administration (EIA), using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, noted that between the beginning of 2007 and the end of 2012, jobs in the oil and gas industry increased by 40 percent, while jobs in the private sector increased just 1 percent. IHS CERA Consulting just released a study touting the increased jobs that have resulted from booming oil and gas production in the United States, spurred by developments in drilling technology. According to the study, the boom created 2.1 million direct and indirect jobs by the end of last year and that number is expected to increase to almost 3.9 million jobs by 2025.

But, the job increase is not the only good news. According to the IHS study, the energy boom added almost $75 billion in federal and state revenues, which could reach over $125 billion by 2020, and contributed $283 billion to the gross domestic product in 2012, which is expected to increase to almost $533 billion annually beginning in 2025. These new sources of domestic oil and natural gas added more than $1,200 to the discretionary income of the average U.S. family last year, and that number is expected to increase to $2,000 per household per year by 2015 and $3,500 by 2025. The use of hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling technology in oil and natural gas drilling sparked more than $120 billion in U.S.-based investment last year. By 2020, the shale boom is expected to lower the U.S. trade deficit by $164 billion (almost a third) as energy imports continue to decline. The lower energy costs will benefit manufacturing and industry, particularly energy-intensive industries such as petroleum refining, aluminum, glass, cement and the food industry.

The report cautions that the extra money to the government and to consumers is not guaranteed because potential restrictions on land use or extraction methods could have serious impacts on the results.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:40 am

Imagine anyone associated w/Tea Party saying this, buffoon would be reported as code for the "n" word......still good to hear a lib being truthful, even if it never makes the Nightly News/Today Show....

The Revs. Jackson and Sharpton “give me the creeps,” Kennedy, Jr. writes in a July 5 entry.

“Al Sharpton has done more damage to the black cause than [segregationist Alabama Gov.] George Wallace. He has suffocated the decent black leaders in New York,” he says. “His transparent venal blackmail and extortion schemes taint all black leadership.”

He goes on to call Sharpton a “buffoon” who has never escaped the “stench” of his advocacy for Tawana Brawley, the black Dutchess County teen who fabricated a story about six white men raping her in 1987.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:57 am

Naturally the only persons with a positive thing to say about the Rev. Frontrunners here or anywhere else are the Revs themselves.

What other low hanging fruit are you going for today? How 'bout some more black unemployment numbers..

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:39 pm

For how else to characterize a president who declares war against what he calls a great evil demanding immediate extirpation and in the next breath announces that he will postpone taking action for at least 10 days—and then goes off to play golf before embarking on a trip to another part of the world? As if this were not enough, he also assures the perpetrator of that great evil that the military action he will eventually take will last a very short time and will do hardly any damage. Unless, that is, he fails to get the unnecessary permission he has sought from Congress, in which case (according to an indiscreet member of his own staff) he might not take any military action after all.

Sad or funny?

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 pm

bluetick wrote:Naturally the only persons with a positive thing to say about the Rev. Frontrunners here or anywhere else are the Revs themselves.

What other low hanging fruit are you going for today? How 'bout some more black unemployment numbers..

As his economic race legacy unfolds, Obama’s recovery is worse than the George W. Bush recession for blacks. Overall median household income has fallen over $4,000 since he took office but black Americans have had a decrease in real income of over 11 percent. Unemployment is officially at 14-plus percent for blacks, nearly double that of the overall economy. When Obama entered the White House in January 2009, black unemployment was 12.7 percent.

http://progressive.org/obama-leaves-bla ... ity-behind

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Now It's the 43 Percent - Fewer Households Paying No Federal Income Tax - TODAY.com

http://www.today.com/money/now-its-43-p ... snhp&pos=1

The "47 percent" quote that helped sink Mitt Romney's presidential bid? Better make it 43 percent now.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:33 pm

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george ... index.html

George Zimmerman questioned after alleged gun threat against wife.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:52 pm

I guess this has taken a toll on George. It's ruined his marriage and his life. Thanks Rev Al. It must be hard being a White Hispanic in this racist society.
Let 'er Blow!

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:06 pm

10ac wrote:I guess this has taken a toll on George. It's ruined his marriage and his life. Thanks Rev Al. It must be hard being a White Hispanic in this racist society.
Do you think he'd trade places with Trayvon?

Only White people refer to Cubans as Hispanic. Cubans call themselves White. "White Hispanic" was a term coined by CNN specifically for the Zimmerman Trial and both the right (Breitbart) and the left have dismissed it as a shallow attempt to keep multiple racial subtexts in the story.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Seems Sir George, the Tea Party's annointed hero ("he would have stopped the Newton massacre!") just can't get out of his own way.

Dumbass should have followed Casey Anthony's lead and dropped out of sight for a year.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:29 pm

bluetick wrote:Seems Sir George, the Tea Party's annointed hero ("he would have stopped the Newton massacre!") just can't get out of his own way.

Dumbass should have followed Casey Anthony's lead and dropped out of sight for a year.
Yep - sign the book deal and move to Costa Rica before your attorney even finishes his press conference.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Your points are well taken, especially the part about how we should fear retaliation from Larry Assad and his bake-sale military. Even though according to some (okay, all) sources our armed forces are the wealthiest conglomerate in the known universe. But hey, if we're still a few carrier groups short of hanging with this tinpot thug, then we really should call the whole thing off.
I don't think anybody is afraid of Assad's military. But we should be concerned about his proxy terrorists, and especially if Assad decides to arm them with some of his nasty chemicals.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 pm

A chilly Arctic summer has left nearly a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than at the same time last year – an increase of 60 per cent.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/09/08/g ... rctic-ice/
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden