Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon May 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Are You Successful? If So, You’ve Already Won the Lottery

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/upsho ... ttery.html
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon May 23, 2016 4:08 pm

hedge wrote:Are You Successful? If So, You’ve Already Won the Lottery

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/upsho ... ttery.html

I was young for my class, have a last name at the end of the alphabet and was not middle class

I should be working at 7/11
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Mon May 23, 2016 4:39 pm

...or you should be leading a Fortune 500 company, if only your last name was Abbott and your birthday was in March.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Lies

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon May 23, 2016 8:38 pm

All The Way, the HBO movie about LBJ assuming the Presidency and immediately pushing for passage of the Civil Rights Act that would become the Civil Rights Act of 1964 while also running for reelection, is a great movie. Bryan Cranston is amazing. The only thing he lacks is LBJ's height. Having read all of Caro's work, listened to hours of LBJ's phone conversations (fascinating stuff) and watched just about every documentary, movie or interview imaginable about LBJ, I can say this is a very accurate representation.

Also, the National Republican Senatorial Committee just robocalled me. I don't know how my damn number ended up on their call list. The call's message was basically "we need to ensure we keep the Senate if Hilary wins so that the court won't have a liberal justice that will allow illegal aliens to vote and take away your right to own a gun." The call was recorded. I am sure they were using voice recognition software to do a poll based on reactions. I hope some goddamned intern hears the cursing I gave that line when I explained that they should call back when Conservatives give a fuck about the fourth through eighth amendments.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 23, 2016 8:55 pm

You really need to stop eating that jap food.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 24, 2016 12:41 pm

welcome to the mud Hillary

she'll fight it as long as she can but Trump is already in a statistical tie with her and Bernie is killing her

and the moment she responds to Trump in kind - she's done

he'll do this all day long

"When asked in an interview last week about the Foster case, Trump dealt with it as he has with many edgy topics — raising doubts about the official version of events even as he says he does not plan to talk about it on the campaign trail.

He called theories of possible foul play “very serious” and the circumstances of Foster’s death “very fishy.”

“He had intimate knowledge of what was going on,” Trump said, speaking of Foster’s relationship with the Clintons at the time. “He knew everything that was going on, and then all of a sudden he committed suicide.”

He added, “I don’t bring [Foster’s death] up because I don’t know enough to really discuss it. I will say there are people who continue to bring it up because they think it was absolutely a murder. I don’t do that because I don’t think it’s fair.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue May 24, 2016 1:00 pm

"“I don’t bring [Foster’s death] up because I don’t know enough to really discuss it. I will say there are people who continue to bring it up because they think it was absolutely a murder. I don’t do that because I don’t think it’s fair.”"

Reminds me of Gilbert Gottfried roasting Bob Saget: "Why are we honoring Bob Saget, who raped and killed a girl in 1990? Why should we pay any attention at all to Bob Saget, who raped and killed a girl in 1990? Well first of all, it's not true, it's not true that Bob Saget raped and killed a girl in 1990, but if anybody has evidence that Bob Saget raped and killed a girl in 1990, you should stop gossiping and go straight to the police."

Interestingly enough, when I google that, I see a link to a chatroom where somebody is seriously asking if Bob Saget raped and killed a girl in 1990, so clearly this strategy catches some fish...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue May 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Trump is an asshole.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 24, 2016 2:25 pm

I hope Trump makes Hillary have a coke induced nervous breakdown

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue May 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Trump is an asshole.
Most people know that, but, to them, if it takes an ass hole to burn it all down then so be it.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue May 24, 2016 3:05 pm

None of this polling matters this early in the season. It's the TV version of clickbait.

When we hit August, after the conventions and VPs are chosen, then you will see where the polls are and who is going to be our next president. I hate to break it to the masses, but it won't be Trump without an indictment...and if all these "establishment" conspiracy theorist stories correct, what makes you think any evidence against Hillary that could lead to indictment would be used/available?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue May 24, 2016 3:41 pm

4 more years!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Bklyn wrote:None of this polling matters this early in the season. It's the TV version of clickbait.

When we hit August, after the conventions and VPs are chosen, then you will see where the polls are and who is going to be our next president. I hate to break it to the masses, but it won't be Trump without an indictment...and if all these "establishment" conspiracy theorist stories correct, what makes you think any evidence against Hillary that could lead to indictment would be used/available?

depends on what Bernie voters do

right now they are severely pissed off and swearing they won't vote for Clinton

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue May 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Hillary voters said the same in 2008. Ultimately, they rallied behind Barry after the last primary in mid-June. The Trump campaign has to do a lot of work to pick off the majority of Bernie voters. My calculus is telling me that many will go Hillary. A small portion will go to Trump. A good chunk of them will not go to the polls in November. Trump needs them at the polls for him in order to have a shot and I see him having an uphill battle to land them. The VPs haven't been picked yet and Obama hasn't put his finger on the scale yet. Those will impact the voters.

Trump needs an indictment on Hillary to pull this off. I can't see it happening.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 24, 2016 8:28 pm

remember my NPR rant?

---------------

NPR backtracked its claims last week that it never cancelled interviews on the Iran Deal with Republican Congressman Mike Pompeo after staffers for the Kansas congressman produced emails proving that it had happened.

An Associated Press story Friday reported that NPR accepted $100,000 from a a White House-allied pro-Iran deal organization called the Ploughshares Fund in order to fund “national security reporting that emphasizes the themes of U.S. nuclear weapons policy and budgets [and] Iran’s nuclear program…” Ostensibly, NPR policy did not allow that grant to slant coverage, but the arrangement received renewed scrutiny after Obama national security advisor Ben Rhodes named the organization as one of the tools the administration used to echo their talking points.

One of the claims AP made was that Pompeo asked NPR to appear as a counterweight to pro-Iran deal congressman Adam Schiff, who frequently appeared on the network, but was denied. NPR diputed that claim, saying “it had no record of Pompeo’s requests.”

But when contacted by The Washington Free Beacon, Pompeo’s office readily produced emails negotiating an interview time. NPR later cancelled the interview: “The show managers have decided that there are already too many interviews in the works this week and that we don’t have the resources to take this one on. Perhaps there will be another opportunity,” a producer wrote.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 25, 2016 8:41 am

given the state of airline travel, I just spent the $100 to do the international travel TSA pre-check.

Not sure what difference it will make if any, but I'm expensing it to the company anyways, so what the hell.

I think its all a big scam - I have no idea how this process is going to make me safer when flying.

I'll have to go in for an interview sometime next week and get fingerprinted. Not big on that but fuck it - I'm 50 now. I think my days of being a political anarchist or master criminal are behind me.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed May 25, 2016 9:32 am

defeated, small-time thinker...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 26, 2016 2:58 pm

it took the government about a decade to completely fuck up airline travel. Now the wait to get on the plane is as long or longer than the flight itself.

and people want them managing our health care - like the VA head comparing the experience to standing in line at Disneyland.

oy vey.......