Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

The Anti k*
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by The Anti k* » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:54 pm

Bring back R.C. Slocum! All time name king.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:12 pm

eCat wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:36 pm yea, I'll give A&M credit though

they demand to compete for an SEC championship. It may not happen but they'll keep going thru coaches and supporting the program, however misguided, in a desire to make that happen.
Its just sales.

Saban and Kirby Smart are better salesmen than every other coach in the SEC. You want to win the SEC, you must get all the 5-stars. There is no other way to win the SEC than to simply out-athlete your opponents. The best salesmen who can sell their school to the 17 year old boys, wins.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:48 pm

its sales with a bag of cash attached to it.

you don't have an NIL bankroll (which I would assume A&M does) and you ain't getting 5 stars
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:10 pm

The 150 five-star recruits are the main difference between college football and professional football. Coaching, gameplan, preparation, conditioning, film, all of that helps separate the winning NFL teams from the ones that lose (and of course, not having a QB the way the Patriots no longer have.) That is because in the NFL, everyone is already a super athlete. But for college football, if you out-recruit everyone else then (IMHO) gameplan and preparation are of minor importance. He who sells the most five-star players, the super athletes, the game changing athletes, they win.

Or, you need to get super lucky and find a 3-star the "experts" under valued. That is how BC lucked on to Matt Ryan. Ryan was just a 3-star recruit that the heavies overlooked because he wasn't ranked high enough to play for them but (in reality) he was a 5-star recruit. And his 4 years here was the last time BC mattered.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:14 pm

just watched a video of Finebaum pimping Petrino for A&M.

like WTF? are you insane?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:39 pm

Would be nice if the Bills break out of their funk today.
Butt juice

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:51 pm

Mac Jones may be worse than Baker Mayfield.
Butt juice

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:57 pm

You guys seen the new Bengals QB? No Burrow. Bwahahahahaha
Butt juice

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:15 pm

Mike Elko to A&M. He's a good coach...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:21 pm

Fire Fisher and then go after guys that coached for him?

makes sense

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:43 pm

I get it. But another way to look at it is aTm hadn’t been worth a shit since Elko left for dook. He can certainly coach. Now does that translate to the NFL Southeastern West division from the big chair? Guess we’ll see…

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:34 am

The SEC wont have divisions anymore. Next year we dont play Alabama, Ole Miss, or Oklahoma for example.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:39 am

Mack Brown is more than happy to tell everyone that Carolina should be happy to win 8 or 9 games since the program only averages six wins per season.

Well, that's fine and fucking dandy if you want to be complacent, but Mack is going to do massive damage to our athletic department because his booster buddies don't want their friend fired/forced to retire yet. Apathy is about to reach Fedora and Bunting-era levels, if not worse. They're going to suck out loud next year, and the program will be even further behind that asshole in Raleigh. Doeren may be a cocksucker of a human being, but he takes what limited resources (comparatively speaking in P5 CFB and based upon recruiting rankings) and has teams that bust their ass and execute. That cocksucker owns Carolina, and it irks me to no end. Sadly, it doesn't bother Mack and Bubba. Mack is just padding the coffers for his grandkids at this point. Fuck this shit.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:10 am

a twist to the Stoop not happening at A&M is it looks like Ferentz may retire at Iowa after their bowl game, apparently Iowa fired his son? I'm just reading all this from the internet.

Stoop's dad is buried with his Iowa jersey and if they cough up some money, it sounds like he'd be gone before the ink dries on the offer

Here is what I can't figure out though

choose the coach for your team

Mike Elko or Jimbo Fisher

who, besides A&M, is going to take Mike Elko (or hell, Mark Stoops for that matter)

also, Elko, Stoops and Fisher all have the same agent, Jimmy Sexton

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:16 am

You should have grabbed Lebby before Moo U got him…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:26 am

Next year UK closes out the season with Ole Miss, UT and Texas.....on the road while getting Georgia and Auburn at home

I don't think it matters who we have coaching

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:05 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:10 am a twist to the Stoop not happening at A&M is it looks like Ferentz may retire at Iowa after their bowl game, apparently Iowa fired his son? I'm just reading all this from the internet.

Stoop's dad is buried with his Iowa jersey and if they cough up some money, it sounds like he'd be gone before the ink dries on the offer

Here is what I can't figure out though

choose the coach for your team

Mike Elko or Jimbo Fisher

who, besides A&M, is going to take Mike Elko (or hell, Mark Stoops for that matter)

also, Elko, Stoops and Fisher all have the same agent, Jimmy Sexton
Elko was thought to be a hot candidate going into the year by those who follow coaching / cfb.

Give Elko the raw talent Mack has had the last two years and Elko would have back to back 10-12 win seasons (including CCG and Bowl) against the schedules UNC has had. His Dook teams have been incredibly well coached, disciplined and prepared. It's nothing short of amazing when you consider how shitty Cut's last two teams were. Dook had some portal transfers, but it wasn't a transformative number. Elko can coach, and if he can recruit while also navigating the labyrinth of Aggie politics, it seems (from my distant vantage point) that this was an excellent hire for Aggie. ATM can elucidate far better than me on the Aggie pov, but in my opinion, Elko is an excellent coach.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:14 pm

Fisher got fired because he refused to fix the things that A&M demanded he fix (principally his offense), he gave it lip service but then nothing changed. Im sure he thought he would just win games and the problem would go away, but he didn’t and eventually people with the cash to make him go away decided to make him go away.

As far as Stoops vs Elko, we dont know Stoops, but we do know Elko. We know that Jimbo hired him to take over Kevin Sumlins shitty defense and we were immediate good again and after 4 years we were one of the best before he got the Duke job.

All we know about Stoops is mainly that his brother coached against us basically. Stoops also is no guarantee to fix whats broken (the offense), honestly if anything Kentucky under Stoops has been not very impressive and I can think of a couple seasons where they had a quarterback who could barely throw. The main problem with Stoops vs Elko is that Stoops is older and costs a lot more. We’re paying Elko a lower base and fewer years than currently Stoops is getting paid at UK. Elko is a better value and as we’ve seen, that lowers the risk that you’re gonna have to pay a bunch of money if someone can’t get it done. (Which is a factor when you’re gonna owe the last guy money also for several years.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:21 pm

looks like the wheels have fell off the Deion bandwagon

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:52 pm

Tonight's game is a game of almosts. The Vikes almost have an amazing brand. Crazy fans. The Skolchant shit is epic. I started doing a McConaughey beat on my chest without realizing it. Autopilot brahs. Just need to get management to put an actual team on the field.

Justin Fields could be an even better version of Lamar Jackson. He can pass and run and read defenses like #12 with the right tutelage. Just needs a franchise that gives a shit. Bears don't care. They're going to destroy the next top pick they get too just as bad. Should have rules in place to replace ownership in situations like this.
Butt juice