Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Who knew Ted Nugent was a former NBA player?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... story.html
"Things are just so wrong in the country now," Nugent said. "And I know that my answers would make things wonderful, unless you just refuse to produce, and then I'd recommend that you move to Canada. Or Illinois."
He even has a slogan picked out: "Hi, I'm Ted Nugent. I have nine children from seven women, and I'm running for president."
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:52 pm

REP. NANCY PELOSI: I'll tell you this story and then I really do have to go. My five-year-old grandson, as I was leaving San Francisco yesterday, he said to me, Mimi, my name, Mimi, war with Syria, are you yes war with Syria, no, war with Syria. And he's five years old. We're not talking about war; we're talking about action. Yes war with Syria, no with war in Syria. I said, 'Well, what do you think?' He said, 'I think no war.' I said, 'Well, I generally agree with that but you know, they have killed hundreds of children, they've killed hundreds of children there. ' And he said, five years old, 'Were these children in the United States?' And I said, 'No, but they're children wherever they are.'

So I don't know what news he's listening to or -- but even a five year old child has to -- you know, with the wisdom of our interest has affected our interests or it affects our interests because, again, it was outside of the circle of civilized behavior. It was humanity drew a line decades ago that i think if we ignore, we do so to the peril of many other people who can suffer. (9/3/2013)
Does anyone believe this bullshit?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... syria.html
Let 'er Blow!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:52 pm

10ac wrote:
REP. NANCY PELOSI: I'll tell you this story and then I really do have to go. My five-year-old grandson, as I was leaving San Francisco yesterday, he said to me, Mimi, my name, Mimi, war with Syria, are you yes war with Syria, no, war with Syria. And he's five years old. We're not talking about war; we're talking about action. Yes war with Syria, no with war in Syria. I said, 'Well, what do you think?' He said, 'I think no war.' I said, 'Well, I generally agree with that but you know, they have killed hundreds of children, they've killed hundreds of children there. ' And he said, five years old, 'Were these children in the United States?' And I said, 'No, but they're children wherever they are.'

So I don't know what news he's listening to or -- but even a five year old child has to -- you know, with the wisdom of our interest has affected our interests or it affects our interests because, again, it was outside of the circle of civilized behavior. It was humanity drew a line decades ago that i think if we ignore, we do so to the peril of many other people who can suffer. (9/3/2013)
Does anyone believe this bullshit?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... syria.html
Here's what I think.

The pro-peace-at-all-costs Democrats feel alligence to President Obama so they have to very carefully/politically guide their Syrian choices in the Congress to appeal to both their emotions as well as their constituency. So we get bullshit like this from Nancy. And it is insulting because she thinks we are all so stupid as to believe her asinine remarks.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:59 pm

[youtube]k7spOEfRN-0[/youtube]

I thought that sounded somewhat familiar.
Let 'er Blow!

gule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: South Florida

Post by gule » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Pelosi is crazy, mark it down!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:01 pm

lol @ peace-at-all-costs democrats crack.

Wilson. FDR. Truman. Kennedy and Johnson. American dems have dealt more death than no amount of chickenhawk repubs can ever hope to match.

those who are ignorant of history are awash in their dumbassery
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 pm

sardis wrote:For me they aren't. For my clients, who are mid to large business owners and investors, and the type of businesses that employ the majority of the people in this country, the tax burden is higher under Obama. There is a number of reasons why we have low employment in this country and this is one of them.

Now, I know you say, well, for everyone else they are lower than Clinton. Problem is, those people don't hire very many people, statistically.

The highest federal tax rate under Clinton was 39.6%, the same as the highest federal tax rate under President Obama. Maximum capital gains tax under President Clinton 29 %, under President Obama 15%. If they are paying more money, it's because they are making exponentially more. For the majority of society, they are paying less taxes under the current President than under President Clinton.
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:33 pm

BAM MOTHERFUCKER !!!!!

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Then again, maybe they're just getting bad advice.
My Dad is my hero still.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:04 am

Or maybe some people don't understand their own limitations and speak on matters they know nothing about.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-tax ... 00283.html

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 am

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:14 am

Just like a repub....white is aiight!!

Each month the consultants at Sentier analyze the numbers from the Census Bureau's Current Population Survey and estimate the trend in median annual household income adjusted for inflation. On Aug. 21, Sentier released "Household Income on the Fourth Anniversary of the Economic Recovery: June 2009 to June 2013." The finding that grabbed headlines was that real median household income "has fallen by 4.4 percent since the 'economic recovery' began in June 2009." In dollar terms, median household income fell to $52,098 from $54,478, a loss of $2,380.

What was largely overlooked, however, is that those who were most likely to vote for Barack Obama in 2012 were members of demographic groups most likely to have suffered the steepest income declines. Mr. Obama was re-elected with 51% of the vote. Five demographic groups were crucial to his victory: young voters, single women, those with only a high-school diploma or less, blacks and Hispanics. He cleaned up with 60% of the youth vote, 67% of single women, 93% of blacks, 71% of Hispanics, and 64% of those without a high-school diploma, according to exit polls.

According to the Sentier research, households headed by single women, with and without children present, saw their incomes fall by roughly 7%. Those under age 25 experienced an income decline of 9.6%. Black heads of households saw their income tumble by 10.9%, while Hispanic heads-of-households' income fell 4.5%, slightly more than the national average.

Holy Dog Shit11!!!

The unemployment numbers show pretty much the same pattern. July's Bureau of Labor Statistics data (the most recent available) show a national unemployment rate of 7.4%. The highest jobless rates by far are for key components of the Obama voter bloc: blacks (12.6%), Hispanics (9.4%), those with less than a high-school diploma (11%) and teens (23.7%).

This is a stunning reversal of the progress for these groups during the expansions of the 1980s and 1990s, and even through the start of the 2008 recession. Census data reveal that from 1981-2008 the biggest income gains were for black women, 81%; followed by white women, 67%; followed by black men, 31%; and white males at 8%.

In other words, the gender and racial income gaps shrank by more than in any period in American history during the Reagan boom of the 1980s and the Clinton boom of the 1990s. Women and blacks continued to make economic progress during the mini-Bush expansion from 2002-07. "Income inequality" has been exacerbated during the Obama era.

How can this be????

The Census Bureau data on incomes include cash government benefits, such as unemployment insurance, disability payments and the earned-income tax credit (but excludes Medicaid and food stamps). Most of the cash programs have surged in cost during the Obama presidency, yet incomes have still declined for the lowest-income eligible groups. This suggests that wages and salaries from employment have shrunk at an even faster pace than the Census data show. The shrinking paychecks of the past four years are consistent with two unwelcome anomalies of the recovery: a swift decline in labor-force participation to 63.4% from 65.5% during that period and a rise in part-time employment.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 am

Toemeesleather wrote:
In other words, the gender and racial income gaps shrank by more than in any period in American history during the Reagan boom of the 1980s and the Clinton boom of the 1990s. Women and blacks continued to make economic progress during the mini-Bush expansion from 2002-07.

LOL. Dubya not only gets a pass...he is lauded by the author for his "mini-expansion" (you know - that mini period of time right before the biggest economic calamity in 80 years).

Great stuff.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 am

"Or maybe some people don't understand their own limitations and speak on matters they know nothing about."

That's the first requirement for membership in here...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm

The Master prevaricator speaks.....

“I didn’t set a red line, the world set a red line,” Obama said. “My credibility’s not on the line. The international community’s credibility is on the line. And America and Congress’s credibility’s on the line."

"It's not my fault, it's....."ah hell, Tick's already told you a million times....
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:16 pm

The best red line is the one that splits the GOP down the middle. Rinos on one side; teabaggers on the other.

clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right..

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Stuck in the middle with you?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Stocks Move Higher as Auto Sales Increase

NEW YORK (AP) - Stocks are rising after automakers reported sharply higher sales for August, putting the industry on track for its best month in six years.

U.S. automaker stocks rose sharply, as GM gained $1.05 or 3.1% and Ford rose 52 cents to $16.87. GM sales rose 15 percent last month, while Ford's rose 12 percent.

Dig it. GM is alive, and Bin Laden is dead. Woot!!11!!

Trending UP UP UP

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:36 pm

hedge wrote:"Or maybe some people don't understand their own limitations and speak on matters they know nothing about."

That's the first requirement for membership in here...
lucid

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:48 pm

I don't know what I'm talking about...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.