Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:53 pm

LG are my favorites. Always thought they looked best.

Whatever you get, have them play something with lots of dark scenes so you can see if anything blends together or you can make out things.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:03 pm

like that Frank Miller movie based on the graphic novel. That will test any screen quality.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Sin City?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by AugustWest » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:00 pm

What BRM said. I like their 3d too.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm going in different directions now - I've already purchased the big Sony TV (although I do agree that from what I can tell LG seems to be a major player now, as Samsung was about 2 years ago), now I'm buying the cheapass tvs for the other rooms. I bought a 42" Hisense? LCD for less than $300 to watch the games in the basement.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:13 pm

I may have permanently given myself a limp. I bought a Honda XR600 dirt bike that is kick start.

A 600cc dirt bike that is kick start is a monster. You have to decompress the cylinder in order to start it. I didn't and about lauched myself across the driveway. I'm gonna have to get rid of that sumbitch.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:37 pm

I'll give you $50.00 if you deliver to Tallahassee - had a single cylinder 450cc Yamaha DT-1 Enduro back in the 70's - sumbitch would climb trees - woohooo!!!111!!!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:42 pm

A 600cc dirt bike? God damn, I didn't think they made those in anything over 250. Is it 2 stroke? I've got a 200cc dual sport, it's great on trails, etc, but it's not really designed for hardcore off road brutality. But then, neither am I...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:22 am

hedge wrote:A 600cc dirt bike? God damn, I didn't think they made those in anything over 250. Is it 2 stroke? I've got a 200cc dual sport, it's great on trails, etc, but it's not really designed for hardcore off road brutality. But then, neither am I...
no , its just a 4 stroke. Its too much bike for me. I'm just under 6 foot and I can't sit flat footed on it.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:42 pm

[youtube]E5DLKFllP2k[/youtube]
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Looks like ecat driving home Saturday night in Clermont County. It happens.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:48 pm

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Any of you MIT Engineers make it out to burning man 2012?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 am

I would go if you were the man they were burning...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:14 pm

my mom has wore out her second artificial hip now in about 6 years time and she has decided that she isn't going to go thru the surgery again at her advanced age.

Where she lives now, its on a 3 acre lot that is sloped and she's been dropping hints that she wants a John Deere gator or a golf cart to get around the property on - to get mail, tend the garden, etc.

I can't swing that kind of jack - those John Deere gators, if you can even find a good used one still brings in about 3K and golf carts that aren't beat to hell and back are the same , so being the good son I am, I found a compromise and I bought her a Snapper Comet lawn mower with electric start - Forrest Gump style.

I"m going to pick it up today and give it to her at Thanksgiving.

This isn't it but this is what they look like. We had one growing up and they are indestructable.

because the motor is in the back, she can slide her legs thru the front and drive it around. I'm going to move the electric start to the steering wheel so she won't have to reach around and the gear shift is waist high so she can reach it easily.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:30 pm

We always had 33" Snapper Lawnmowers (two) when I was a kid. I despised those things because they were so slow.

My 52" front deck, hydrostatic mower cuts an acre in forty-five minutes. That's the way to go.

Also, never try to speed up the Snapper...When I was ten or eleven, I opened up the carburetor and put in high octane airplane fuel. It flew around for about five minutes and then the rod went through the side of the engine. I adjusted the carburetor back to normal and drained all of the high octane fuel before Dad came home. He knew what had happened but couldn't prove it. He wanted to beat my ass, but he couldn't prove what I had done.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:45 pm

DooKSucks wrote:We always had 33" Snapper Lawnmowers (two) when I was a kid. I despised those things because they were so slow.

My 52" front deck, hydrostatic mower cuts an acre in forty-five minutes. That's the way to go.

Also, never try to speed up the Snapper...When I was ten or eleven, I opened up the carburetor and put in high octane airplane fuel. It flew around for about five minutes and then the rod went through the side of the engine. I adjusted the carburetor back to normal and drained all of the high octane fuel before Dad came home. He knew what had happened but couldn't prove it. He wanted to beat my ass, but he couldn't prove what I had done.

same here - we had a 28" deck and I had to cut almost 3 acres with that son of a bitch. Took me over 3 hours. I was just thrilled I didn't have to do with a push mower. If I had known there were cheaper brands with wider mowing decks I would have raised hell.

I now have a 60" mower and I don't even own a full acre.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:53 pm

I have two sons and they can each push a half acre dagnabbit.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:51 pm

My uncle is selling one of those.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:32 pm

One of sardis' sons?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.