North Carolina Tar Heels

Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: North Carolina Tar Heels

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:53 pm

AugustWest wrote:IB, my father was an NC State graduate. I've been an NC State fan since I can remember. the idea of applying to unc never even occured to me. that being said, had I applied I doubt vey seriously I would have been accepted. my high school grades were mediocre at best. I got into State based on a pretty good SAT and lower admission standards. I then worked my ass off to graduate.
fair enough.

I always figured the ones who brag about going to UNC (like DS and others) are the same ones who weren't quite smart enough to get into the best state universities like Michigan, Cal, or UVa. That would also explain all the ridicule that Rickart would get on a daily basis (ridicule based solely on envy of his better education.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:06 pm

That would also explain all the ridicule that Rickart would get on a daily basis (ridicule based solely on envy of his better education.)
That is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Well you made a comment about the girl's "Karolina Klass" and blew the picture up to show a middle finger being extended.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:17 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:
That would also explain all the ridicule that Rickart would get on a daily basis (ridicule based solely on envy of his better education.)
That is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted.
Well AA, could you have gotten into UVa? Don't you dare fucking tell me that Alabama has even remotely similar academic requirements when we both know they don't. There is not a single SEC team that is even remotely as demanding academically as "THE University."

I agree Rickart is socially retarded. But academically, he would have had to have earned straight As in high school and at least a 1500 combined on the ole SAT for UVa to let him into their promised land. I think that is Rickart's biggest problem, his arrogance has made him into the insufferable bastard that we all know he is today. So it makes us feel good on the inside the denigrate and belittle someone like him.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:36 pm

unc's entrance requirements are pretty high. not quite on par w/ uva but pretty close. the issue is that once you get on campus the school apparently doesnt challenge the students at all. even back when I was at State back in the eighties, unc was hard to get into, easy to graduate from. state was easy to get into hard to get a degree.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:52 pm

IB,

1. I could have gotten into Harvard.

2. Virginia is more exclusive than Alabama. However, with undergrad coursework, the rigors of a organic chem class (for example) are roughly the same at an Alabama or a Virginia or a Boston College.

3. Using USN&WR as a guide, Vanderbilt is higher rated than UVa.

4. He reportedly went on an athletic scholarship, and as we all know, not all students have the same academic background. Inclusions are oft made for athletes that would not be granted to others.

5. You've missed the point with all the strawmen above. No one cares (and many had no idea) where he went to school. Spacer/Owlman is a MD and JD and went to Rice - few care about that and he is well-liked. In fact, your supposition that rickart is disliked because of UVa envy is possibly one of the most stupid things I've read in quite a while.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:44 pm

is the flip what you're lookin at?

what about the kindergarten literature material?
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

yeah, basically we dont like Rackart because he's a dick. not because of where he went to school. DS otoh, well he's a dick too.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:29 am

Just because Rickart went to school on a ribbon dancing gymnastics scholarship, doesn't make him a bad guy.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:18 pm

well actually it does, but that's beside the point.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Heh heh. I was waiting for someone to use this song to make a video, and it finally happened.

[youtube]OrMz3k1r2vg[/youtube]
Last edited by DooKSucks on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:33 pm

I had not seen that.
Last edited by AugustWest on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Did we cheat? Yeah

Did we get caught? Yeah

Do we deserve punishment? Yeah, but I think that vacating wins, probation and loss of a few scholarships will be the likely result.

Was Butch involved? That's up for debate, but there is no clear link to him.

Should Butch have known? That's up for debate

Was the administration involved in a cover-up? I don't think so, but they could have handled the response better.

In the end, I think that Butch gave Blake the benefit of the doubt when he should have been more careful. Allowing Chris Hawkins around the program was stupid, but the incident with him had occurred years earlier with a different staff. Butch and company probably had no idea about Hawkins since the "incident" was handled internally by allowing Hawkins to transfer. None of it was in the media, and the AD was probably never notified by Bunting. Still, there should be safeguards like background checks on anyone who has access to the facilities. Also, the staff should ban any and all social media usage by anyone associated with the football program. Those idiots exposed themselves. Had this happened ten years earlier, none of this would have come to the light of day. <cue Auggie talking about UNC's history of cheating and covering it up>

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:50 pm

DooKSucks wrote:Did we cheat? Yeah

Did we get caught? Yeah

Do we deserve punishment? Yeah, but I think that vacating wins, probation and loss of a few scholarships will be the likely result.

throw in a three year bowl ban

Was Butch involved? That's up for debate, but there is no clear link to him.

the clear link is in the 216 phone records.

Should Butch have known? That's up for debate

of course he should have know. he's the freaking head coach you pay him $2mil a year precisely to know these things (well maybe uc doesnt but everybody else does) his asst head coach wsa a runner for an agent that butch also has a relationship with. your 15 best players are ALL indulging in illegal benefits. if his job isnt to know all this, then what is his job?

Was the administration involved in a cover-up?

if not then they're the most incompetent administration in history. you know thorpe attended the "honor" court hearing that cleared macadoo dont you? that thorpe ran off the DTH reporter that tried to attend that same hearing? if thorpe isnt involved in a coverup why hasnt he insisted on butch releasing his e-mails and 216 phone records as ordered by judge manning?

I don't think so, but they could have handled the response better.

In the end, I think that Butch gave Blake the benefit of the doubt when he should have been more careful.

butch knew exactly what he was getting with blake. I know you'll disagree, but you cant honestly tell me butch didnt know blakes rep.

Allowing Chris Hawkins around the program was stupid, but the incident with him had occurred years earlier with a different staff. Butch and company probably had no idea about Hawkins since the "incident" was handled internally by allowing Hawkins to transfer.

None of it was in the media,

there's one of your problems. everything you do is so protected by the media that you cant keep track of your own filth

and the AD was probably never notified by Bunting. Still, there should be safeguards like background checks on anyone who has access to the facilities. Also, the staff should ban any and all social media usage by anyone associated with the football program. Those idiots exposed themselves. Had this happened ten years earlier, none of this would have come to the light of day. <cue Auggie talking about UNC's history of cheating and covering it up>

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Also, the staff should ban any and all social media usage by anyone associated with the football program.

let's not stop cheating, let's just make sure we cover our asses in the new media age

Those idiots exposed themselves. Had this happened ten years earlier, none of this would have come to the light of day.

glad you admit this.

<cue Auggie talking about UNC's history of cheating and covering it up

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:45 pm

top 600 list of UNC courses that hand out the most A's. 88 classes were 100% A's. Even the course with the 600th rank has 68% A's. Most of the ones you click on for more information show the rest of the grades are B's and a very small percentage of C's.

http://unc.blinkness.com/top/default

Then compare to NC State.

http://ncsu.blinkness.com/top/default

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:18 pm

^ disregard that post. according to that website no class at either university gives "f"'s. no way that info is correct.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:55 pm

[youtube]0xo6kw6qIFw[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Damn, I haven't seen this kind of obsession since... well, since ever. You win the prize, Auggie...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:14 pm

as opposed to an entire fan base being obsessed with Chris Washburn for 20 years? not even close.