Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:40 pm

I am definitely more comfortable with my nose closed when Toe is in the vicinity....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:35 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:I think Obama should hold a press conference on his last day in office and say, "Birth certificate? Totally forged. I'm Kenyan." Then finish with, "As-salaam Alaykum." Then drop the mic and walk off.
FIFY. You also left out the part about how they faked OBL's death and he's granting OBL a full pardon.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:59 pm

Are the pubs still mad they lost to a negro? This is 2013. Get the fuck over it already.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Hell, every time you talk about 2013, it automatically turns 2006. When you got such weak shit (here and in the oval office) I guess that's what you do.....or you do as the Owl just tried, and make someone an imaginary racist.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:28 pm

How fast can Obama run a marathon?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Other news worth seeing...

It's been two years since the Wisconsin Legislature enacted what is now known as Act 10--Gov. Scott Walker's bold labor reforms, which eliminated forced unionization and so-called collective bargaining for most state and local employes. Those were the means by which public-sector unions fleeced taxpayers and bankrolled Democratic politicians.

The reform made Walker a hate object for the left, but Salon's James Cersonsky reports that the reforms are working out well:

Stripped of legal protections, unions have to turn to their workers for power. The Teaching Assistants' Association, the University of Wisconsin-Madison union that spearheaded the capitol occupation, is at the cutting edge. With high turnover among grad students and the cumbersomeness of re-voting for a union every year, the TAA decided not to seek recognized union status. With the drop in member dues, the union laid off all its staff. In place, it has reinvented itself to leverage worker voice outside the bounds of collective bargaining. Last school year, it launched "Pay Us Back." Through "grade-ins" at administrative offices, petitions and informal bargaining, workers are seeking a raise in wages, which sit, on average, below $10,000 a year, and a remission of required fees, which soak about 10 percent of their pay. . . .

Act 10 is forcing unions to reinvent themselves and build power at the base.

So the Walker reforms are not only saving taxpayers money but compelling unions to become responsive to the interests of workers. Sounds like a winner all the way around.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:58 pm

aTm wrote:How fast can Obama run a marathon?

Pretty sure he can play 18 holes in less than 4 hours.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Hah. I didn't try to make you anything Toe; certainly didn't try and make you a racist. You sound as if you have a problem when people use your own words.
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:57 pm

He also seems to have a problem when you knock on his door & ask to use his toilet. Bastard. Enjoy the dead roses.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 pm

"Other news worth seeing..."

Your obituary would be news worth seeing...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:16 am

hedge wrote:"Black teen unemployment has been the worst of any demographic going back to the 1865 Amendment to the Constitution."

But it was the best of any demographic before that, right? Ah, the good old days...

Slowly saunters away, whistlin "Dixie"...
those were not good days hedge. but my point still stands
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:47 am

innocentbystander wrote:
hedge wrote:"Black teen unemployment has been the worst of any demographic going back to the 1865 Amendment to the Constitution."

But it was the best of any demographic before that, right? Ah, the good old days...

Slowly saunters away, whistlin "Dixie"...
those were not good days hedge. but my point still stands

Highly unlikely that your point stands. Your statement was so out there that it just didn't smell right. So I looked up the great depression. Black unemployment was at one point above 50% in the great depression (higher than black teen unemployment now), let alone the idea that they kept those stats as far back as 1865.
My Dad is my hero still.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:10 am

http://news.msn.com/us/gop-to-networks- ... ?gt1=51501

WASHINGTON — The Republican National Committee wants NBC and CNN to cancel upcoming programs on Hillary Rodham Clinton and is threatening to blackball the television networks from future Republican presidential debates if they fail to comply.

Committee Chairman Reince Priebus calls the programs political ads "masquerading" as unbiased productions. He vows not to partner with the networks on Republican debates if they don't pull the programs.

"It's appalling to know executives at major networks like NBC and CNN who have donated to Democrats and Hillary Clinton have taken it upon themselves to be Hillary Clinton's campaign operatives," Priebus said in a statement. "Their actions to promote Secretary Clinton are disturbing and disappointing."

Clinton has not yet said whether she'll run for president in 2016.

CNN Films is planning a feature-length film on the former first lady and secretary of state for next year.

NBC has announced the miniseries "Hillary" starring Diane Lane. It's expected to be released before the 2016 presidential election.

Richard Licata, an NBC Entertainment spokesman, declined comment on the request and referred calls to NBC News, which said in a statement that it "is completely independent of NBC Entertainment and has no involvement in this project."

CNN said in a statement that "instead of making premature decisions about a project that is in the very early stages of development and months from completion, we would encourage the members of the Republican National Committee to reserve judgment until they know more."

"Should they decide not to participate in debates on CNN, we would find it curious, as limiting their debate participation seems to be the ultimate disservice to voters," CNN said.

Related: Is Tea Party abandoning GOP stars?

Time reported that the threat is based partly on a GOP strategy to cut down the number of primary debates in early primary states like Iowa and South Carolina, which the party sees as damaging because they involve intra-party attacks among candidates. State party chairs have suggested that they will back the move, which Priebus said the party will consider at its summer meeting beginning Aug. 14 if the networks do not cancel the Clinton programming.

Longtime GOP operative Karl Rove tweeted, "Which would u rather see? Glowing Hillary Clinton miniseries or #2016 debates? @Reince calls on NBC & CNN to choose."

David Plouffe, a former Obama campaign and White House strategist, countered, "Better RNC debate plan. Held in hermetically sealed Fox studio. Avoid exposing swing voters to Crazy S*#t My Nominee Says."
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:42 am

MSM is all in for the dems? Based on the last 4.5 years they don't even try to disguise it anymore. Nothing to see here.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Why are the Pubs acting like spurned ex wives? Oh wait....

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Sounds like Egypt could be on the brink...

Plus, McCain has officially called the military takeover a coup.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/a ... morsi-coup

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Well it was a coup. It was a coup that apparently supported by a majority of the people, but a coup none the less. AS an American this is the way I perceive Egyptian politics right now.

They dont like our guy in power so we withdraw support and they kick him out.

We tell them "You dont want to put a hardcore Islamist in power. They're stupid and will punish you for things like whistling your favorite song in public, and they like to rape and kill your daughters."

They elect a hardcore Islamist.

We try to work with the government they elected because, well they elected them and we're trying to be nice.

The Islamist start smacking people around for whistling, raping daughters and drive the economy into the shitter.

The average Egyptian overthrows the government they elected and blames us for the mess.

The next step is they will blame us for installing a military dictatorship when they cant decide on a moderate government that will support equal rights without totally offending their religious sensibilities.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Any message in the Middle East that blames all their problems on the West, America, and Israel, will win the hearts and minds of vast majority of the people over there. That's just the way it is.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Fuck the Mid East. Rock throwing punks.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:54 pm

I know, it's like U*NC blaming the N&O and State fans for their corruption. They say things like "my religion makes me kill my sister because she smiled at the kid across the street. My religion is the greatest thing evaaarr!!!" Fucking ridiculous.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.