Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:46 pm

I read in the comments that someone said that and I thought they were joking

I'd say that's an excellent way to get shot
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:48 pm

2 days ago the National Review , defenders of the neocon conservative movement took it upon themselves to create a special edition magazine devoted to trashing Trump

yesterday the editors sent out a letter to "friends of the national review" talking about the backlash and canceled subscriptions and thanking those who did not cancel for their continued support.

sounds like they did not anticipate their bold move effecting their bottom line.

here is the letter they sent out - do you think its an effort to stop the backlash without issuing a mea culpa?

Dear Friend,

Today is a big day for National Review. Our editors have made a very forceful defense of conservatism, of principle, and against the politics of attitude, in our editorial, Against Trump.

We have received angry calls, and cancel ­my­ subscription demands. One in particular broke my heart. Well, let’s hope time heals.

None of this was unexpected.

But: We have also received very strong expressions of support from many NR friends. People who believe ­­ and they are right to believe this ­­ that the main reason National Review exists is to do the very thing it is doing today.

Defending conservative principle. Defending it from being marginalized, or recast as emotion and bluster instead of as an expression of reason and intelligence.

On behalf of Rich Lowry and my colleagues, thank you for standing with us. Or, better, thanks for letting us stand alongside you as we embrace the Buckley mission: To stand athwart history, yelling stop.

Best,
Jack Fowler
Publisher
National Review
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:35 pm

this may have been the driver

The Republican National Committee announced late Thursday that the venerable conservative magazine National Review had been dropped as a debate sponsor after it published an issue devoted to why voters should reject Donald Trump's presidential campaign.

RNC spokesman Sean Spicer confirmed to Buzzfeed News that the magazine had been dropped as a sponsor of the Feb. 25 debate in Houston, saying "a debate moderator can't have a predisposition."

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:29 am

LMAO!
Let 'er Blow!

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:40 am

My boy Bloomie has started his engine. If he gets in, he may have an inside track to 1600 Pennsylvania...and then everyone will see what an assault on the 2nd Amendment looks like.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:11 pm

you really think the man who wanted to halt the sales of large size sodas has a chance?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:18 pm

If it's Bernie vs Trump, then yeah. If he does have a legit shot, expect him to run. He's a bland cat, but a motherfucking G when it comes to data. If there is a pathway to victory he'll be in and he will be formidable.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:38 pm

I just see a complete rejection by the rest of the country outside of California

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:11 pm

You may be right, but if he runs it's because the internal numbers are showing he has a chance in the Floridas and Ohios of the nation, not just NE and the west coast. The Colorado experiment he bankrolled fell flat and blew up in his face, but he is not one to indulge in fool's errands. So, don't sleep on him.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:25 am

reading a story about nationalism versus globalism regarding Trump and a reader's high brow comments I think do a good job of summing up the mind set
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As an intellectually serious conservative who supports Trump, I’ll tell you the problem with “intellectually serious conservatism” as practiced on K Street, Wall Street, and the various precincts of power and money:

It’s a pack of lies.

Establishment conservatism is just an ideological smokescreen to camouflage the pauperization and dispossession of the American middle class for the benefit of a kakistocracy at the top and various special-interest client classes at the bottom.

My support for Trump is not based on his being an intellectually serious conservative, which he obviously isn’t.

I’m not sure if Trump can help our country. However, I DO know for sure that none of the establishment-approved candidates will do anything but enrich themselves and their friends at the expense of what is still the American majority.

Trump is our Hail Mary pass, our last desperate attempt to salvage something of what America was before the whirlwind destroys the last of it

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:47 am

Kakistocracy!
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:05 am

I think Trump is the exact opposite of the Hail Mary pass for the middle class. I don't know why anyone would think he is.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:50 am

I don't think anyone believes he is a solution for better middle class prospects, I think they see him as a solution to opening doors in future elections for people that are serious statesmen instead of what we have entrenched now.'

But if he throws out some Mexicans and Muslims in the mean time, its all good.

its never really been about what he can do as president, its about what he can do to the GOP.

SnoodGator
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by SnoodGator » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:03 pm

hedge wrote:Kakistocracy!
I had exactly the same response Hedge. Yikes!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:26 pm

" I think they see him as a solution to opening doors in future elections for people that are serious statesmen instead of what we have entrenched now."

Serious statesmen? LMAO. I look at somebody like Lindsey Graham and know he is the type of loser nerd that nobody I know or deal with had anything to do with, ever. That is the type of serious statesmen that populate DC. Little loser twerps (for the most part) who nobody wanted to hire for a real job (and they didn't want to work at a real job, no matter how lucrative, b/c they were tired of being scorned and bullied, which is exactly what would've happened all over again if they'd taken a real job), so they go into politics. It's the same at every level...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Read the quote again.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:43 pm

hedge wrote:" I think they see him as a solution to opening doors in future elections for people that are serious statesmen instead of what we have entrenched now."

Serious statesmen? LMAO. I look at somebody like Lindsey Graham and know he is the type of loser nerd that nobody I know or deal with had anything to do with, ever. That is the type of serious statesmen that populate DC. Little loser twerps (for the most part) who nobody wanted to hire for a real job (and they didn't want to work at a real job, no matter how lucrative, b/c they were tired of being scorned and bullied, which is exactly what would've happened all over again if they'd taken a real job), so they go into politics. It's the same at every level...
I'm talking about the idealist that can't or won't get into politics because they have to cut deals with the king makers. Washington is always going to be corrupt at some level but maybe there is a chance that someone like a Jim Demint - who pretty much walked away from politics because of how out of hand its become and is now heading up the Heritage Foundation - most noticeably by creating a scorecard that rates current republicans. Now I'm not saying Demint was perfect or pure as crystal snow but he was well intentioned.

Now maybe its a naive position but clearly the hope here is that Trump isn't owned by anyone, he's preaching a form of nationalism that leaves ideology in its wake and he will allow the people to have a voice in electing their politicians. If it allows someone like Demint to become president without a pocketful of IOU's, then I'm for it.

That said, the irony here is I suspect Demint supports Marco Rubio for President

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:59 pm

I wish you would eat de mint, b/c your bref stanky...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:00 pm

"the irony here"

I wish someone would draw an X on your forehead and say "put the iron here"...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:01 pm

This is the type of serious statesmen we need in Warshington:

[youtube]wN6isfgccgE[/youtube]