eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:43 am

I think the GOP should be a Goldwater GOP
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:49 am

BigRedMan wrote:Didn't Jimmy Carter stop refugees from coming into the country when the Iranians high jacked that plane??? So, why wasn't he pulled over the coals ???
He stopped Iranians when they took the hostages, he also deported Iranian students who were in violation of their visas.
Let 'er Blow!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:33 pm

Obama is even more of a wuss than Carter.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Obama is definitely not a wartime President. He hesitates on anything in that arena. That's probably why he like drones so much.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:31 pm

I supported California's 1989 assault weapon ban. The bill passed after a vicious elementary schoolyard shooting in Stockton left five children dead. The shooter had an AK-47. Sacramento passed an assault weapon ban that I believed would save lives, because it would limit the speed with which a deranged thug could kill.

Fact is, I knew next to nothing about guns. I wrongly equated semi-automatic weapons with automatic weapons. I wrongly thought the guns banned in the 1989 law were faster than other semiautomatic long guns. I felt virtuous, because at least I was supporting something.

In 1994, Washington adopted a national assault weapon ban. As the law was about to sunset in 2004, a Department of Justice evaluation determined that if the ban were renewed, then its "effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement." That's in part because the banned firearms were used in about 2 percent of crimes before the law passed, according to most studies.

In his Sunday night speech on the San Bernardino attack, President Obama told America that to fight terrorism, Washington has to make it "harder for people to buy powerful assault weapons like the ones that were used in San Bernardino." Methinks he wants some partisan cage-rattling to distract from the frightening prospect of terror in the homeland. On Saturday, New York Times front-page editorial opined likewise. The editorial noted that European bans have not stopped terrorist attacks, "But at least those countries are trying."

That's the spirit of the assault-weapon ban community — it is a good thing to pass laws that don't work, because it shows you really care. Pat yourself on the back quickly, because you've just chased other Americans — people who fear that this is an early step in a march against their Second Amendment rights — to their local gun dealer to buy what they think you want to ban.

For the record, I don't think it's a good thing if more people own guns. Irresponsible owners leave loaded weapons where children can find them. Also, more than 20,000 Americans kill themselves with guns annually.

But, this is important: There has been a "remarkable decrease in violent crime and gun crime in the U.S. since the early 1990s, even though the number of firearms has increased by about 10 million every year," Center for Research in Crime and Justice director James Jacobs told Time Magazine. "There's no simple correspondence between the number of firearms in private hands and the amount of gun crime, and I often find it somewhat strange that there seems to be a perception that things are worse than ever when, in reality, things are really better than they've been for decades."

So what's my plan? To start, I don't believe in passing laws that do not work. I know what did work — the heroic San Bernardino Police Department. Officers arrived at the scene in four minutes. A surveillance team found the jihadis' rented van — the shootout that followed likely prevented another deadly attack. Their training saved lives. The key is to know your enemy. The enemy is Islamic extremism, not American gun owners.

Debra J. Saunders is a San Francisco Chronicle columnist.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Cartel leader Chapo Guzmán threatens war on ISIS after terrorists destroy drug shipment

Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzman has a lot of enemies: the Mexican government, the Drug Enforcement Administration, Donald Trump.

But now the world's most powerful drug trafficker is taking one what is arguably the world's most feared organization, ISIS.

Chapo's anger toward the radical jihadist group does not stem from some sense of altruism for the victims of the recent attacks in Paris or San Bernardino, but instead from concerns about his bottom line after ISIS destroyed several of his Sinaloa Cartel's drug shipments moving through the Middle East.

In a harshly worded email to ISIS, which was leaked by the website Cartel Blog, Guzmán sent a stark warning to ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi about messing with the cartel's business.

"You [ISIS] are not soldiers," Guzmán purportedly wrote. "You are nothing but lowly p**. Your god cannot save you from the true terror that my men will levy at you if you continue to impact my operation."

Guzmán added: "My men will destroy you. The world is not yours to dictate. I pity the next son of a whore that tries to interfere with the business of the Sinaloa Cartel. I will have their heart and tongue torn from them.

----------------------

what is it with these motherfuckers that like to cut peoples heads off

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:37 am

"Cartel leader Chapo Guzmán threatens war on ISIS after terrorists destroy drug shipment"

Damn, I can't believe Quentin Tarantino hadn't thought of this before. Mexican drug cartel vs. ISIS. That's perfect. The final battle could come down to Machete vs. bin Laden...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:39 am

""You are nothing but lowly p**."

Pig? Why did that have to be edited?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:39 am

Or maybe he meant to say puss, but spelled it pus...

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:53 am

Considering Chapo wrote it in Spanish, I'm not sure what it is - in English - they are trying to censor out there.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Snopes says its false.

But it was fun while it lasted

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Snopes ftw. I don't cross reference via that as much as I should/used to.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:00 am

One of my long reads. Dude is amazing...if not always accurate.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/d ... f-maryland

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:29 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:04 am

I don't have a gun, but I have a mop bucket. To add fun with the video, every time he gets hits with it, yell out MOP BUCKET!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:17 am

Trump is a runaway hit with Americans for the simple reason that he's the only candidate saying anything Americans care about.

After the San Bernardino terrorist attack, committed by Muslim immigrants -- which followed the 1993 World Trade Center terrorist attack committed by Muslim immigrants; the 9/11 terrorist attacks committed by Muslim immigrants; the Fort Hood terrorist attack committed by a Muslim immigrant; the Boston Marathon terrorist attack committed by Muslim immigrants, and on and on -- Trump suggested a temporary pause on Muslim immigration.

The other candidates responded by attacking him viciously. Now, the eunuchs are duking it out over who has the most aggressive approach to ... fighting ISIS!

Asked why he called Trump's proposal "unhinged," Jeb! explained: "Well, first of all, we need to destroy ISIS in the caliphate."

Marco Rubio said: "The problem is we had an attack in San Bernardino," adding that "what's important to do is we must deal frontally with this threat of radical Islamists, especially from ISIS."

Ted Cruz said: "We need a president who understands the first obligation of the commander in chief is to keep America safe. If I am elected president ... we will utterly destroy ISIS."

Why are Republicans talking about starting a war in Syria to stop Muslim immigrants from killing Americans in America? Is it our job to straighten out Syria? Can't our government just stop bringing the terrorists here? If Rubio thinks he knows how to govern Syria, he's free to run for president there. (Except he'd have to stop talking about his dad the bartender because Muslims don't drink.)

Republicans love pointing out that all the gun restrictions proposed by Democrats after every mass shooting would have done absolutely nothing to stop that particular mass shooting.

But the GOP's demand that we take out ISIS would also have done nothing to prevent the San Bernardino attack. As we know from Jim Comey, the director of the FBI: Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik were planning a terrorist attack against Americans before ISIS existed.

It's as if there's a law of toughness conservation: The weaker a candidate is on protecting our borders, the more aggressively he talks about bombing foreign countries, a move known as "the Lindsey Graham."

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:47 am

the 4 "terrorist" acts done on American soil--9/11. san benandino, Chattanooga and ft hood--only one actually was planned and executed with outside financing/planning/assistance

the other 3 were doctrine driven lone wolf type attacks thatr really shouldn't be treated any diffently from Oklahoma city, or the lknasas city jewish shootings, or the Charleston shootings--they are really nothing more then hate crimes and should be prosecuted as hate crimes

hate crimes don't have to be white on black or straight on gay all the time no matter others may say

annihilating isis is not going to make America safe there will always be another muslim extremist group to take there place--the world today that's going to be something that never goes away.

the testosterone driven Im going to kick isis ass for the acts of 4 individiuals that were never sanctioned by isis masks the bigger problem. islam extremists and those jihadists are the ones needing extinguished and squelched at a grass root level

but does any of that really make a difference to mid or coastal America? get me a president who will bring back a strong middle class of America where 50% of America isn't taking care of the other 50% and where the bottom 20% deals with crime either as a victim or a perpetrator. spend all your assets tightening our borders, balancing our budgets, fixing social security before it busts the budget, educating our kids and building a strong middle class. instead all we talk about in this country politically is isis and white cops

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:02 am

eCat wrote:I don't have a gun, but I have a mop bucket. To add fun with the video, every time he gets hits with it, yell out MOP BUCKET!

Nice, square up tackle by the patron who got into the game late.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:18 am

I liked when the guy is hopping on one foot trying to put his shoe back on...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:22 am

I also liked how the guy who does the square up tackle kinda walks into the scene and makes an instant assessment of what's going on and decides he wants to get in on the ass kicking in about 1 second. But you can see his entire thought process in that one second...