Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:46 am

Toemeesleather wrote: I finally decided that one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different result.

And this only applies to repubs.....good thinking.

Printing more and more and more money is.........sustainable!!lll

High oil prices are good for small business.

More people on public pensions for more years is.......the right thing!!!llll

Electric cars and solar panels will save the world.......

Half the population on disability is kinder and gentler......

Yet instead of trying we wasted trillions on two wars and got what out of it. The people we pay taxes to to protect us are reading our emails and watching us take baths. Things were going great until Clinton had to leave. He could have been as great as FDR but not for term limits. Probably another Republican concoction. Once special interests trumped what was best for the people as a whole, that's where we lost it.

No, I'm not insane, I'm samrt.[/quote]

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:42 am

Once special interests trumped what was best for the people as a whole, that's where we lost it.
I agree. I think we went astray when we nullified the tenth amendment and twisted the commerce clause in the Constitution. That led to the federal government having very few limits on what it can do, up to and including "reading our emails and watching us take baths." The federal government is now its own very powerful special interest.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:04 am

Jungle Rat wrote:
Toemeesleather wrote: I finally decided that one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different result.

And this only applies to repubs.....good thinking.

Printing more and more and more money is.........sustainable!!lll

High oil prices are good for small business.

More people on public pensions for more years is.......the right thing!!!llll

Electric cars and solar panels will save the world.......

Half the population on disability is kinder and gentler......

Yet instead of trying we wasted trillions on two wars and got what out of it. The people we pay taxes to to protect us are reading our emails and watching us take baths. Things were going great until Clinton had to leave. He could have been as great as FDR but not for term limits. Probably another Republican concoction. Once special interests trumped what was best for the people as a whole, that's where we lost it.

No, I'm not insane, I'm samrt.
[/quote]

What we got out of it was the entire middle east NOT switching back to Gold for oil. We did that to ensure they keep taking the petro dollar. Which basically means that you have to have U.S. Dollars to purchase oil. The U.S. doesn't have enough gold in the country to cover which is way gold is at an all time high, there are 1000's of gold buying places all over town, and people going bonkers over it.

And Clinton benefited from the dot com boom during his terms. Period. The internet took off and there were a bunch of new jobs created, new technologies, new investments, new education avenues, and new opportunities all over the place. Anything else that came of it was purely luck and from the dot com boom. I liked Bill but he was the in right place at the right time.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:20 am

No. He was smart because he put Gore on the ticket having full confidence that his internet thingy would change the world.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 am

First Lady Michelle Obama is staying Monday evening in the $3,300-per-night Princess Grace suite of Dublin’s Five-Star Shelbourne Hotel, according to Irish press reports, adding some credence to accusations she is in the city for a quick vacation at taxpayer expense.

Michelle jetted to Dublin Monday afternoon Irish time after a brief stop in Belfast with President Obama, who is in the city for the two-day G-8 Summit.

Furlough teachers/cops/military/air traffic controllers......but not Michelle.

SUSTAINABLE1111!!!!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:47 pm

And Clinton benefited from the dot com boom during his terms. Period. The internet took off and there were a bunch of new jobs created, new technologies, new investments, new education avenues, and new opportunities all over the place. Anything else that came of it was purely luck and from the dot com boom. I liked Bill but he was the in right place at the right time.
In other words, Bill Clinton proved that, what's good for whoring is good for America.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by crashcourse » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:14 pm

No, I'm not insane, I'm samrt.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Every morning I get up and smile knowing that the America you goobers think should exist will never come to pass.
Happy to know that my not getting what America needs pleases you so. Here you might find this pleasing...

https://leticiamary.wordpress.com/2013/ ... chisement/
SSM wrote:sat in a staff meeting with an ESL teacher who actually gave a presentation on how to skirt the law with respect to illegal aliens until such a time when, according to her, these unfair laws limiting immigration would be over-turned.

I am a conservative, generally law-abiding Christian woman, yet I felt so sorry for these little ones that I would have happily voted for just about anything in order to help them. And yet, it is clear that wide-spread illegal immigration has had disastrous consequences in the United States. Clearly the laws need to be strengthened and enforced more rigorously, but as a woman, I am not capable of stepping back from my emotions to make a socially-responsible decision on this matter. I consider myself conservative, and most people who know me would say that I’m almost rabidly right-wing, yet I could not step back from these children and say, “It sucks, but their parents are breaking the law and should be reported.” In short, with women, what should be charity quickly turns into entitlement.

And if I, as a conservative, thinking Christian woman cannot be trusted to vote rationally, how much less so can women who are liberal, or low-IQ, or even just an average sort of woman? We vote almost entirely with our emotions in attempt to prevent anyone from ever having to suffer any consequences for their own poor choices.
Honest, if nothing else, don't you think DSL?

We can't have women voting anymore. This shit has to stop.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:02 pm

That makes two people in the whole US who think women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:20 pm

IB- I can't believe I'm engaging your drivel but here goes:

Blacks vote for liberals at a much higher rate than women do. Do you believe blacks are too irresponsible and irrational to be allowed to vote? Yes or no?

Hispanics also vote for liberals in a higher proportion than women do. Do you support stripping Hispanics of their right to vote?

Asians voted for Obama nearly 3-1. They have to be banned from the voting booth too?

Finally, Jews vote for liberals at a higher rate than women overall do. Do you believe they are too irrational to be allowed to vote?

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:18 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:IB- I can't believe I'm engaging your drivel but here goes:

Blacks vote for liberals at a much higher rate than women do. Do you believe blacks are too irresponsible and irrational to be allowed to vote? Yes or no?
Black men? No. Black women? Yes.
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Hispanics also vote for liberals in a higher proportion than women do. Do you support stripping Hispanics of their right to vote?
Hispanic men? No. Hispanic women? Yes.
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Asians voted for Obama nearly 3-1. They have to be banned from the voting booth too?
Asian men? No. Asian women? Yes.
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Finally, Jews vote for liberals at a higher rate than women overall do. Do you believe they are too irrational to be allowed to vote?
Jewish men? No. Jewish women? Yes.

By the by DSL, Judaism is an Abrahamic religion, not so much a minority group. If you don't want to be Jewish, then you aren't Jewish.

My position here is about people making life and death political decisions (that you and I must live by as the government has the power of FORCE) based on their emotions, not reason or law. Only one gender does this in the voting booth, and they do it regardless of their skin complexion or their spiritual beliefs. That is why I quoted and boldened the comments that SSM shared regarding how irrational it was for her to vote the way she did.

I wish it wasn't this way DSL, really. I wish women could be counted on to be as logical and pragmatic as society expects of the world of men. But if you take a step back and you look at men and women for who they are (their differences because we are different) and look at things pragmatically (why are so many divorces initiated by women? why is it almost always women who are BPD or bi-polar? why are women always so unhappy? why do women always need government to step in and give them eqaulization? why are all of our laws regarding child welfare, financial support, and domestic violence, ALWAYS favoring women?), you start to realize that maybe it was a tragic mistake to allow women to vote. As a man trying to have a reasonable dialogue with another man, I think maybe it might be time for the people of our country to start re-evaluating the importance of the patriarchy within marriage and family.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:31 am

Your mom must have beat you stupid as a kid. Probably still does.

With good reason too.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:41 am

If you don't want to be Jewish, then you aren't Jewish.
The overwhelming majority of Jews would disagree with you on that. Just like 99% of all Americans would disagree with you on your views on suffrage.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:56 am

"My position here is about people making life and death political decisions (that you and I must live by as the government has the power of FORCE)"

I wish the government would make a life or death decision in your case that you must die by force...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:27 am

"why are women always so unhappy?"

I have no doubt that the women you know are unhappy...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 am

Not that I am trying to seriously address any idea espoused by IB, but how would you ever take the vote away from women? If it came to a vote, they outnumber us, and I'm sure that the vast majority of men would be against it, too. So how would you propose to accomplish this feat, IB? And if you tell me that you know it's impossible, then why do you keep harping about it? If you're going to talk about impossibilities, why not talk about wishing people could fly? I would actually encourage you to go to the top of a tall building and test that one out for yourself...

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:03 am

All of this IB "kill-the-women's-vote" started minutes after his boy Willard (gotta always say "Willard") Mitt Romney conceded the election. It's all there if you want a chuckle... Nov. 6 '12, about two dozen quotes commencing around 11pm. Whiney, little fists of fury crying at it's finest. "I hated women before, but now this is the LAST STRAW" blah blah.

And now the whine-fest has hit the 7 month mark...that's an epic crying jag by any emotional measure, male or female. It always seemed like IB had too much of a crush on candidate Romney...ahem...and the fact that he's still this butt-hurt this long after the election adds creedance to that notion.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 am

Not solar, wind or electric car, thus the most silent boom of all time......surely MSNBC can figure out a way to credit Barracky on this sector. Oh yea, forgot, His base would hate Him even if they gave Him credit.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/shale-oil ... 32663.html

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

heh

Of course, IB isn't the only one still butt-hurt about 11/6/2012..
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:41 am

Hey, I'm working, at a good job.....millions of other Amuricans, not so much.

...even the grandstands at NASCAR look lonely....