Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:59 pm

The few. The proud. PNN.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:28 pm

Supreme Court struck down the Arizona voting law today....7-2 decision

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:52 pm

I understand the conservative impulse WRT illegal immigration, but there are three cold, hard facts that R's must come to grips with:

1. The 11 million or so illegal immigrants in this country are not going anywhere. They are never going to "self deport." There aren't enough detention centers or law enforcement officers or other legal resources in this country to dislodge them. The best hope is to get control over our border so that today's 11 million doesn't become tomorrow's 22 million illegals. That is a reasonable and achievable goal. But the R's are going to have to start thinking of illegals as a permanent fact.

2. One of the biggest reasons that there are so many illegals in this country is the Establishment of the Republican party WANTS them here. Illegals are cheap labor which is good for business. If there was any real Republican interest in stopping illegal immigration, the R's would have acted on it when they controlled the White House, Senate and House. But they didn't. That should tell you everything you know about the real R interest in getting rid of a major corporate cash cow.

3. If the R's who actually want to deport illegals continue to say so, loud and proud, they will completely drive Hispanics into the arms of the Democrats. Considering how fast the Hispanic population is growing in the US, that is playing with fire. If Hispanics start voting Dem as robotically as blacks, the R party is finished.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Today's 11 million will become tomorrow's 22 million. The Republican party is done. I'm voting for Santa. Seriously.
Let 'er Blow!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Thus explains the fall of PNN.

Hey Talent! I know your lurking! Turn out the lights when you leave.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:39 am

Ahora, esto se llama "La cadena de noticias puterbac y foro de discusión política." No mas Ingles por favor.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:47 am

I'm voting for Santa. Seriously.
Vote libertarian, either within the R party (the Paul's) or outside of it. Don't vote Establishment Republican, a la Romney, McCain, Bush Sr., or Dole. The corporatists will do just fine without your help.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:46 am

You see where that brilliant strategy has gotten us.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Yes, I can absolutely see where Establishment appointees Romney, McCain, Bush Sr. and Dole have gotten us. That, sir, is the problem. I voted for all those moderate corporatist losers except the last one. With Romney, I finally decided that one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different result.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Those guys did better than Ron Paul or Ross Perot. Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred either Paul or Perot to any of those you mentioned, but the voting public at large still stays together like a school of fish when it comes to "the candidate", whoever that candidate might be...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:15 pm

I finally decided that one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different result.

And this only applies to repubs.....good thinking.

Printing more and more and more money is.........sustainable!!lll

High oil prices are good for small business.

More people on public pensions for more years is.......the right thing!!!llll

Electric cars and solar panels will save the world.......

Half the population on disability is kinder and gentler......

No, I'm not insane, I'm samrt.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:48 pm

You're "samrt"?

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Gary Johnson in '16!!!
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:31 pm

On to another Pyrrhic victory!!ll

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Supreme Court struck down the Arizona voting law today....7-2 decision
as I result, i should cast 17 votes in the next election. i'll just go and vote as registered dead people 16 times
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:59 pm

10ac wrote:Today's 11 million will become tomorrow's 22 million. The Republican party is done. I'm voting for Santa. Seriously.
the fact that the GOP can't get this is crazy. they need someone (anyone) who knows how to articulate this in a way that makes sense to stop this foolishness

we NEVVER should have let women or kids vote. fuck this shit.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm guessing all minorities, including Jews, are also in danger of having their voting privileges revoked in IB's perfect white Mormony world.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I'm guessing all minorities, including Jews, are also in danger of having their voting privileges revoked in IB's perfect white Mormony world.
i am not LDS.

i don't know where you could have gotten the idea that I was. i guess it doesn't matter. if you are going to make asinine remarks about me taking the vote away from minorities, I guess it doesn't matter what you think

there are two groups that have proven (time and again) that they should not be cancelling out my (or your) vote:
  • women
  • anyone under the age of 26
women have been proven too emotional to have the right to vote. in politics, there are women's issues. in politics, there are NO men's issues. the only reason why women even have women's issues is because women have been given the right to vote which means their emotional responses have been politicized. men vote what is in the best interests of their wives and children. women vote on what is in the best interest of women. they put their gender first and (when cornered on this) they react in an emotional way (not a rational one) and expect someone in a positon of FORCE to silence the discussion. ergo, they forfeit their right to vote

if you are under age 26, you may live at home and remain on your parent's health insurance. since that is now the law, you forfeit the right to be recognized (by me) as an adult. you no longer are an adult. from a scientific/medical standpoint, you do NOT have a fully formed brain yet. i do NOT want you anywhere near the voting booth, not when your vote counts as much as mine. no way.

BAMAFEVER
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by BAMAFEVER » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:47 pm

10ac wrote:Today's 11 million will become tomorrow's 22 million. The Republican party is done. I'm voting for Santa. Seriously.
Tru dat and in 4 or 5 generations Americans will be sneaking into Mexico to work because of were liberals have taken the country. Never have understood why illegals sneak in and then try to turn the place into the shithole they left. Same with northern retirees that move to Florida for the weather and lower taxes. Then they vote the same which created the mess that made them want to move in the first place.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Every morning I get up and smile knowing that the America you goobers think should exist will never come to pass.