Florida State Seminoles

Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

KeviNole
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by KeviNole » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:29 pm

bbb, did you happen to catch the College World Series this year? I'd hazard a guess and say "no", as UVa won the ACC its first national championship in baseball.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by billy bob bocephus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:41 pm

I was referring to uva not uva bball

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by dave_rickart » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:03 pm

...perhaps you missed UVA winning the national championship this spring
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Wake Forest won the ACC's first baseball natty in 1955...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

dave_rickart
Senior

Post by dave_rickart » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:36 pm

DS with the breaking news....

(like they didn't mention that every five minutes during the championship series)...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:44 pm

irresistible force vs immovable object.

BC has the number 1 defense in ALL of college football AND FAR AND AWAY the number 1 defense against the run. Second place against the run is not even remotely close to BC, there is a HUGE drop. I didn’t check BC’s numbers against the pass, but they very well might be number 1 in the country against the pass as well. I know, I know, who were the opponents, but still.

Dalvin Cook is the #2 tailback for rushing yards in ALL of college football and FSU has the #16 rushing offense in all of college football. It appears that Dalvin Cook cannot be stopped. I know, I know, who were the opponents, but still.

Something has to give. We are going to know EVERYTHING we need to know (for the entire season) about Dalvin Cook AND BC’s defensive front seven by 11PM Eastern time, this Friday. This game will be… telling. :| :| :|
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Enjoy your week 2 claims. Lol.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:16 am

"I know, I know, who were the opponents, but still."

Actually, when you consider that opponents in this case, you don't say "but still"...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

dave_rickart
Senior

Post by dave_rickart » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:13 pm

having Maine and Howard on your schedule would boost anyone's stats... that's an OOC even weaker than NC State's or Duke's

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:07 am

Golson better figure his shit out in a hurry because BC will definitely try to stop Cook. Cook hasn't been reeling off 9 yards every carry...it's 2,0,3,4,1,70,3,1,5,8.

The OL just doesn't have it figured out, especially the right side of the line. So expect BC to overload the left side, and force Golson to beat them. He looked comfortable and efficient against Texas State, and rattled and horrible against USF. If we get the bad Golson, we're going to have to win the game on the defensive side and they are likely to give up a couple of big plays.

I'm actually a bit glad it's a Friday night game since I'll be at baseball games all day Saturday.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:02 am

KeviNole wrote:Golson better figure his shit out in a hurry because BC will definitely try to stop Cook. Cook hasn't been reeling off 9 yards every carry...it's 2,0,3,4,1,70,3,1,5,8.

The OL just doesn't have it figured out, especially the right side of the line. So expect BC to overload the left side, and force Golson to beat them. He looked comfortable and efficient against Texas State, and rattled and horrible against USF. If we get the bad Golson, we're going to have to win the game on the defensive side and they are likely to give up a couple of big plays.

I'm actually a bit glad it's a Friday night game since I'll be at baseball games all day Saturday.
There is no point discussing BC's defense in stopping the run and focusing on Dalvin Cook. BC will KEY on Cook. That I guarantee. The question is, will BC get to Golson? They've had 9 sacks of opposing QB's this year. I think FSU's wideouts are a bit too fleet of foot for BC's defensive backs, so if Golson gets the ball away and if it is an accurate pass, then it should be 6 points (probably every single time) the way it was for USC last year in their loss. Expect lots of blitzes as that is pretty much the only way BC stops FSU's passing game.

If Golson has a good game, FSU wins. If Golson doesn't, FSU loses. Cook is not likely to win the game for FSU.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:51 am

Golson was a deer in the headlights against USF. He would start scrambling well before the pocket collapsed and end up throwing the ball at the receivers' feet. From what ND fans are saying, it's a familiar scene (I saw a few ND games last year but didn't study them). I'm sure Fisher will work to correct that this week but it's a short week of practice and they are obviously ingrained habits. So the point is you don't have to get sacks, just get pressure and Golson may fold. We have 4 new starters on the OL (and the other is a SO) so it's very much a work in progress at this point. We may have to pass to set up the run in the first half but Golson was like 1-9 in the first half against USF.

It should be a good, hard-nosed game.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:29 am

KeviNole wrote:Golson was a deer in the headlights against USF. He would start scrambling well before the pocket collapsed and end up throwing the ball at the receivers' feet. From what ND fans are saying, it's a familiar scene (I saw a few ND games last year but didn't study them). I'm sure Fisher will work to correct that this week but it's a short week of practice and they are obviously ingrained habits. So the point is you don't have to get sacks, just get pressure and Golson may fold.
Good to know.
KeviNole wrote:We have 4 new starters on the OL (and the other is a SO) so it's very much a work in progress at this point.
So does BC. And the other only started one game last year (vs ZooMass) before he had a season ending injury. So in reality, 5 new starters, an even BIGGER work in progress at this point.
KeviNole wrote:We may have to pass to set up the run in the first half but Golson was like 1-9 in the first half against USF.

It should be a good, hard-nosed game.
Yes. I suspect it will be a hard-nosed game.

Dr. Nostron
Junior

Post by Dr. Nostron » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:47 pm

I am not feeling good about it at all and will most likely be taking BC if it stays +7.5

Am interested in seeing what first half line is.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Is FSU being forced by ESPN & the ACC to participate in this friday night bullshit?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Is FSU being forced by ESPN & the ACC to participate in this friday night bullshit?
Yes, they are broadcasting this game on Friday night with Tom O'Brien and red bandanas just to inconvenience FSU and to irritate you. We are all out to get you.

Dr. Nostron
Junior

Post by Dr. Nostron » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:38 am

Yes Strangelove thats exactly what happened.

Jimbo wasnt happy about it - Friday nite should be left for the high school kids.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:47 am

Friday night is especially bad, b/c none of the potential recruits will be watching...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

dave_rickart
Senior

Post by dave_rickart » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:16 am

it's a move to avoid competing with NFL game (broadcasts/ratings) on Thursday nights.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:05 pm

As I understand it, they originally wanted us to take our bye week after week 2. When we vetoed that, their counter-offer was the Friday night game.