Ostensibly Hoops

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Ron Mexico » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Yep, thank God it's next year and not this one.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Ron Mexico wrote:Who is that post quoting? Dook Sucks? Trust in Roy from Inside Carolina? Mr. Intangibles?
LMAO. Fuck you for lumping me in with those windbags.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Jon Hood suffered a torn right ACL playing in a pick-up basketball game on Monday. Surgery will be scheduled once the inflammation subsides and there is no timetable on his return. This is a tough blow for both Jon and our team
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:08 am

Code: Select all

F0rmer Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie was named by CBS Sports as a participant in a Ponzi scheme organized by an AAU team founder, which took advantage of college coaches.  And according to a story by Sports Illustrated, Gillispie wasn’t just a part of it.  He was the biggest victim.  In fact, he contributed nearly double the money of the second largest contributor, former Utah head coach Ray Giacoletti.  Here is who has been revealed to have been involved and what they gave to Houston Elite founder David Salinas, who committed suicide over the weekend.

Billy Gillispie (Texas Tech): $2.3 million
Ray Giacoletti (former Utah head coach, current Gonzaga asst.): $1.2 million
Lute Olson (former Arizona coach): $1.17 million
Willis Wilson (Texas A&M-Corpus Christi): $642,000
Scott Drew (Baylor): $621,000
Grey Giovanine (Augustana College) $533,000
Mark Few (Gonzaga): $353,000
Doc Sadler (Nebraska): $38,000
That is almost 80% of his settlement money wiped out
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 am

There was a ponzi scheme that Jim Donnan, Frank Beamer, Tommy Tuberville and a few others got taken in recently. Same one?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:28 am

AlabamAlum wrote:There was a ponzi scheme that Jim Donnan, Frank Beamer, Tommy Tuberville and a few others got taken in recently. Same one?

not sure, if it was, they didn't get taken for much since the last guy listed was $38K

I think this was targeting basketball coaches.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 am

David Salinas ran the Houston Select AAU program. Tom Penders and another anonymous guy have apparently come out and said the implication were that if you invested with Salinas, he would steer prospects your way.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Ron Mexico
Sophomore

Post by Ron Mexico » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:32 am

[spoiler=]Duke sucks dick[/spoiler]

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 pm

well played

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:36 am

eCat wrote:Jon Hood suffered a torn right ACL playing in a pick-up basketball game on Monday. Surgery will be scheduled once the inflammation subsides and there is no timetable on his return. This is a tough blow for both Jon and our team
I don't want to see the kid injured, but were you saying this tongue-in-cheek, e? Because I just never saw anything in Hood to believe he could be a significant contributor at a Kentucky level.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:37 am

Oh and re: Billy Clyde...We all had our fun of calling him a dumbass hick...Looks like we were right.

Just like we were right about the Dohnut being a lunatic.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51 am

The Anti k* wrote:
eCat wrote:Jon Hood suffered a torn right ACL playing in a pick-up basketball game on Monday. Surgery will be scheduled once the inflammation subsides and there is no timetable on his return. This is a tough blow for both Jon and our team
I don't want to see the kid injured, but were you saying this tongue-in-cheek, e? Because I just never saw anything in Hood to believe he could be a significant contributor at a Kentucky level.

heh, I was just quoting KSR

The kid contributes nothing to the team this year. Him redshirting is probably a godsend to Calipari

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm

God wouldn't send shit to Calipari...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Dave23 wrote:God wouldn't send shit to Calipari...

he was a Gillispie recruit
and we know Gillispie recruits shit

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 am

Tony Woods decides on Oregon.

This is an example of UK fans and message boards in particular having an impact on the program.

Woods is the kid at Wake Forest (I think) that punched his girlfriend and messed up her back. It would seem that after the whole story came out it was blown out of proportion, but there is no getting around he hit a woman.

At one time it appeared that Woods was locked in on UK and UK was going to take him and the message boards had a meltdown.
It didn't help that UL had just taken a recruit that had a similar incident and UK fans were dogging them about it.

Anyways - to wrap it up, UK told Woods that they were going to have to take a pass because the fans would not accept him, he chose Louisville and then when he found out he'd play sooner if he went to Oregon dropped them.

In this case I'm not sure if its a good or bad thing. Woods numbers weren't anything to get excited about and that Wake Forest team he was on tanked. I'm sure if he was a 20/10 kid the UK fans would have looked at him with a more open mind.

My personal take is I'm glad he isn't here but mostly because I think he is an overhyped Eloy Vargas.

Ron Mexico
Sophomore

Post by Ron Mexico » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Woods is nothing special, he has some talent but he's lazy and temperamental and not good enough to put up with that crap or the off the court baggage. Last year's Wake Forest team was one of the worst ACC teams I've ever seen in what was probably a down year for the league overall, if he was any kind of stud he would've been able to elevate them from that status.

Speaking of Billy Clyde, whatever happened to all those middle school kids he inked a few years ago? Is Calipari honoring those scholarships?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Cal didn't honor scholarships for existing players, you think he wanted Clyde's 8th grade projects? None of them have turned into anything beyond 3 tier D1 players

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:09 pm

speaking of which

Code: Select all

A big part of recruiting is hype and you could argue that no one is riding the hype wave on Saturday July 23 quite like Stephen Zimmerman.  After all, he has profiles in the Los Angeles Times and the Las Vegas Review today.  So what is everyone excited about?  Well, he’s 6′10″, is being compared (or comparing himself at least) to Dirk Nowitzki, has an offer from UCLA and is getting interest from North Carolina and Memphis as well. 

And he’s not in high school yet.

Zimmerman just finished 8th grade and will join Shabazz Muhammad’s Bishop Gorman team in a few weeks as a 15-year old freshman.  Kentucky has not gotten involved with him yet, but you can be sure they’ll become familiar with him as the season progresses and they track Muhammad.  And if he evolves into Dirk Nowitzki like he thinks, he might just become an option in the class of two-thousand-and-forever-from-now.

Watch him work.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Y'all pumped for the WNBA All-Star slam dunk contest!
THE OG SSG

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Mexico is but then again, he likes turtles.