College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Saint » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:05 am

maybe not:

John Clay
‏@johnclayiv

Worst thing that happened tonight is that John Adams, director of officials is here. Refs trying to show him they are enforcing new rules?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:06 am

this wasn't an issue with the new rules. This was blown calls that were obvious
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 am

Kentucky was whistled for 30 fouls, Ark. for 29. UK was 26-40 from the line and Ark. was 29-41. If there were bad calls (and I'm sure there were), there definitely was no overall disparity.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:10 am

Saint wrote:Kentucky was whistled for 30 fouls, Ark. for 29. UK was 26-40 from the line and Ark. was 29-41. If there were bad calls (and I'm sure there were), there definitely was no overall disparity.
You didn't watch the game.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:13 am

I don't need to. You can cherry pick bad calls but there is no overall disparity. UK had one less chance at the line. The quality of the calls isn't in question by me, just the overall balance. And if you're still getting to the line, regardless of how the other side is getting there, you still have a chance to win, which UK did but failed to execute a fundamental at the worst time.

Of course, I didn't have a rooting interest so it's easier to be objective.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:15 am

eCat's correct.. more than a few bad calls. Refs were definitely trying to give this one to the hogs........and they did. No excuse for Kentucky though... poor FT shooting again and too many turnovers. Didn't Cal just say a few days ago that he wasn't concerned about FT shooting?? Heh.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:18 am

Saint wrote:I don't need to. You can cherry pick bad calls but there is no overall disparity. UK had one less chance at the line. The quality of the calls isn't in question by me, just the overall balance. And if you're still getting to the line, regardless of how the other side is getting there, you still have a chance to win, which UK did but failed to execute a fundamental at the worst time.

Of course, I didn't have a rooting interest so it's easier to be objective.

its not about the calls they did make, its about the calls they didn't make, and that's all i'm going to say about it

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:20 am

fair enough since those don't show up on the stat sheet

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:21 am

THE call at the 24 second mark was one of the many that were questionable. Stein had position IMO...........

[youtube]2hLKgiuZV3g[/youtube]

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:24 am

Either way, good money spent on getting that crystal ball fixed.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:32 am

after a night's sleep, I'm not that upset about the loss.

We need a few more games like this.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:12 am

worse call I saw that game was harrison going to the line after shooting and airballing a layup inside 60 sec with two arkansas guys no where near him and still the zebras called it
randle swinging his elbows like a madman not only creaming the dude with his rt elbow but nailing with the left one in the same swing. on one putback

the harris play where he drove and basically ran over the kentucky kid for a 3 point play was the worse call against kentucky

was the most exxciting game of the night especially if those refs had swallowed the whistles a little more.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:18 am

Meh, I can be indifferent on the kids rushing the court at IU. Whatever. Shit, if I was them I would rush after every win. Even against UT Saint Mary Nurse College in early November. Just keep doing it.

Funny how UK fans bitch about bad calls when usually when they are at home, they usually make more free throws (even with their shitty FT %) than their counterparts even take.

Good night for college basketball last night.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 am

crashcourse wrote:worse call I saw that game was harrison going to the line after shooting and airballing a layup inside 60 sec with two arkansas guys no where near him and still the zebras called it
randle swinging his elbows like a madman not only creaming the dude with his rt elbow but nailing with the left one in the same swing. on one putback

the harris play where he drove and basically ran over the kentucky kid for a 3 point play was the worse call against kentucky

was the most exxciting game of the night especially if those refs had swallowed the whistles a little more.

There was a sequence in OT where Harrison catches the ball at the halfcourt line and the Ark player pushes him over the line so Harrison gets called for an over and back, then Ark comes down the court, loses the ball and Harrison dives for it sliding out of bounds with the ball. When he is out of bounds - beyond any reasonable doubt, he throws the ball to James Young who bumps into an Ark player and Young is called for the foul. Neither of these was a "oh I can see how they missed it" kind of call - they were obvious.

Those were ridiculous.

And if you didn't see the first half, there was a possession where the Ark player was swinging elbows and hit James Young in the face, but it didn't count as a foul because he hit Young in the face with the basketball, not his elbow. That was the official ref explanation so I don't really care that Randle was swinging elbows.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:22 am

BigRedMan wrote:Meh, I can be indifferent on the kids rushing the court at IU. Whatever. Shit, if I was them I would rush after every win. Even against UT Saint Mary Nurse College in early November. Just keep doing it.

Funny how UK fans bitch about bad calls when usually when they are at home, they usually make more free throws (even with their shitty FT %) than their counterparts even take.

Good night for college basketball last night.
usually

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:38 am

UK should have just beat Arkansas by like 20 like A&M did and avoided this whole ref thing.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:42 am

lost in all this is ESPN Outside the Lines tore UNC a new asshole apparently. I didn't see it but Bob Ley was talking about UNC changing over 500 grades and this scandal is absolutely about athletics.

Kudo's to NC St ..Their fans pushed for ESPN to stop ignoring it.

And word is there is still one big shoe left to drop on UNC.

Kentucky fans are so ecstatic right now, they want NC St in the SEC

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:44 am

aTm wrote:UK should have just beat Arkansas by like 20 like A&M did and avoided this whole ref thing.
that would have helped tremendously.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:46 pm

...from KSR

Last night’s loss to Arkansas marked Kentucky’s fourth consecutive loss when referee Roger Ayers is patrolling the court with his exhausted whistle. Think about that for one second. Kentucky, a team that hasn’t lost many games under John Calipari, lost its last four that Roger Ayers officiated.

In those four games, John Calipari received three technical fouls (his streak ended last night) and the opposing teams shot a combined 142 free throws. Better yet, Kentucky attempted fewer free throws than its opponent in all four games. May I remind you, Kentucky is ranked eighth in the nation in free throw attempts per game. Kentucky rarely makes fewer trips to the stripe than the other team.

Let’s continue, shall we? John Calipari’s record is 135-30 at UK over the last four and a half years. He is 2-5 when Roger Ayers is involved.

So we can all agree we’ve seen enough Rogers Ayers for awhile. He needs to stay away from Kentucky and stick to letting 11 players on the court in Sun Belt games.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:07 pm

One of the greatest talents in the greatest recruiting class of all time in the universe picks a fight with what appears to be Kenan Thompson courtside

These Kentucky brats don't handle losing very well